Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Ragna

Things to note from ragna

-ID

-BS is + so if he manages to get you to block one, don't mash anything out

-Overall damage is slightly lower, but OD lifesteal can put a big difference between his opponent.

Pros

-can zone with sonic sabers and 623b

Cons

-ID can clash with phorizer and can follow up with another one.

Honestly i can't think of much because of how this match is really straightforward. Zone him, get stars, go in, watch for dps. It's really helpful that i don't think he has that good of a mix up and usually sticks to the ground.

Block strings that are useful for match

-Max range (or near max range) 5B > 236C is something Ragna can't punish even on instant block.

-Normal mode 6C > 236A can get ID in between so be careful when using this string.

If Ragna tries to do 5B > 5C to BS during a block string, it possible to land 6A (can clash, depends on when you time 6A) and 623C, watch the spacing cause BS can cross up when Ragna is up close, at max (or near max) range it won't cross up.

Well I have something I want to add to this match, apparently c.Inferno divider will clash with with Justice Driver and he get's a full punish from this, so don't throw is raw or on wake up unless your are absolutely sure he is pressing some other buttons.

Phorizer? Yeah no bad idea. He can Carnage Scissors it too. It's fine though because Ragna is one of the easier character to zone and block.