Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Noel

Using 5B -> 236C will push her out and is pretty safe at max range. You can lame it out with sonic sabres and use 623B/C accordingly as well, I would say avoid using sonic sabres at double jump height cause Noel runs really fast and can cross under you. You should be able to keep some heavy pressure on her once your in GA mode cause she doesn't have to many ways to get people off her, she needs meter to get out of pressure really.

That sounds solid; it seems that Gundamu-Art is extremely important in this MU because our lame game is hella risky here. I'm gonna keep grinding it out to try and hammer out some solid shit against this character.

Noel's just one of those characters whose very dependent on fundamentals for her neutral game and defense, but has god like pressure thanks to her speedy normals and Drive.

Noel is super mobile, especially when compared to Izayoi, so be very weary about having an exit strategy when zoning, and be ready to use 623B and 236B to stuff Jump Ins and Rush In perspectively. Also, be careful about you spacing, Optic Barrel can be a bit annoying when trying to zone, and it's one of the main reasons we can't simply play dumb and go zone happy.

Noel's pokes and normals are all very short ranged, but they all have crazy priority, so it's kind've a bad idea to try and rush her blindly. That means when your rushing in Gain Art, your probably going to want to use 214 D teleport or 236D Sonic Sabre to break into Noel's defenses.

The good news is, Noel's defensive options are very situational. Her 4D lost a lot of invulnerable frames from Extend, while her Machine Gun Super costs 50 meter.

If Noel manages to get you in some Drive Pressure, and proceeds to get you into a combos... You better have the meter to Justice Phorizer out of it or your going to kiss your health bar good bye.

All and all, this match up feels pretty even.

Ugh finally got some games in with Noel, man this match is a tough one to play now that I've had my hands in the match, its so easy for Noel to yolo Izayoi, its pretty hard to play a fireball anti air game plan and as optic barrel just kills Izayoi's mediocre zoning and Noel runs like a maniac. I found the match a lot more easier to play in Normal mode just cause its easier to position yourself I found, of course you have to use GA at some point to get damage. I dunno match is probably more even then I think it is, I got hit by to many overheads cause it was online. >>

A good tip is to start auto-pilot blocking high during Noel's drive mix-up. Her low is much slower than the high.

I'm almost positive you're able to up-back out of the high-low drive mix-up too.

You should be able to seeing how d.6D is 25 frames and none of her other drives hits low and would catch chicken block attempts. I think the only other thing to look out for is some players will try to be cute and use muzzle filter once they train you to block high and nail you with some big damage, I do it myself when I play Noel, but you can react to it and avoid getting hit by it.

I got hit mostly by by 6B where most of her big damage seems to come from mid screen.

Noel's new j.C > j.D land cancel > d.6B mixup is the most annoying thing ever.

On the plus side D teleport > airthrow seems to punish jump back j.D on reaction a lot more consistently. Dunno if they nerfed the startup/hitbox on that move or if it's just harder for Noel to react since teleport is faster etc.

actually, funnily enough teleport isnt faster, but perhaps A saber got a hitstun buff. jC jD land cancel d6B was possible since...vanilla CP, lol. new jD doesnt cause her momentum to carry nearly as much, so she stays in place. It makes it easy to airthrow, but why would she jump back and jD at all?

Easy teleport punish while going over the ground saber, I guess.  And our local Noel was saying drive cancel 6B is a lot easier to do now for whatever reason, I never saw him do it in 1.1.