Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Taokaka

Pros:

have the tools to keep some of her attempts to tao's drive honest

have to use meter to escape pressure reliably

Cons:

much stronger movement

lots of ways to get in and out of range

strong pressure

crawl avoids some of her key tools (listed bellow)

Well Tao's crawl can avoid GA dash jC, 5B and ground sonic sabres, using air dash back jB catches some of her drive attacks if you do it early. Zoning her is pretty hard to do and the fact we don't have a reliable anti airs so it really hard to keep Tao honest, Tao's butt flop overhead avoids lows so if you are pressing a button in reaction make sure to do it standing.

This match I feel like you have to prance around a lot just to not get hurt and throwing air sonic sabres from double jump height is not a great idea as Tao can run under them. using 5B -> 236C can be a little iffy, a lot of Taos like to be in the air so you might tag one in the air and not get a conversion. If your doing 214D raw, really keep an eye out on where she is on the screen, this can really change if you are grounded or not just cause Tao moves a lot in the air. I also recommend in general in the Tao match if they are waking up stay on the ground cause some Tao players will try and use the command throw leap super, this will catch anyone that is standing or jumping, you probably can safe jump against this but I'll have to test it in the lab.

I dunno I played this a match a few times and this is some of the stuff I picked up, I never liked playing against Tao, insane movement and constant pressure, ugh. Feel free to chime in about the match.