Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Bang

Some stuff to start out the discussion:

- Bang has no answer to safejump setup which makes it a lot easier to pressure him. His only reversals are supers which make it extremely easy to block on reaction. 5b is a free punish against Ashura.

- j.C hits Bang if he attempts to throw super you in the air. Haven't tested if doing j.C on reaction to the flash works or if it has to already be out when he teleports. Either way dash j.C is a safe way to close distance if he has 4 seals and is waiting to throw you.

- Phorizer punishes firepunch super easily.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

I really want to argue this as one of our worst match ups just based on what happened today, but i'm sure i just made (really) bad decisions overall and played awful. Nevertheless, here's what i can note.

Pros:

-He has little reversals other than his guardpoints but shouldn't worry too much about those once you can somehow get pressure going.

-Can outrange him usually

Cons:

-Extreme corner carry (One side to the other almost)

-Pressure is strong and frame traps.

-cross ups and lack of reversal sucks.

-phorizer can be beaten by daifunka

-nails can mess with you in neutral and prevents sonic sabers from being shot.

-Command grab

Details:

-starting off, he would usually IAD back and go from there. His options from there was shoot nails, shoot nails, or shoot poison…nails. It keeps you jumping or just blocking and he can IAD twice in there to start his pressure.

-If you were to hit him with 623B while he shoots nails, you'd get hit, but you're given some time to maneuver. It gave me some moments to breathe and sometimes get in.

-He has many ways to get your ass back in the corner no matter where he started. If he wanted, he could carry you across the screen or just flip sides during combos.

-Once he has pressure going, there's not much you can do. He jumps almost as much as Jin, but falls faster so it's harder to react and pretty much impossible to throw 623B/C as AAs.

- From 5A, he can throw his low mix up (not sure what the notation is, but if i were to guess, its either 6A or 6B) or use his new float to get in an overhead. It works like platinum's swallow moon.

???:

-He never got four seals on me (as I pretty much died before he even got any) so i don't know how i would've dealed with his new DD.

-He never used command grab as well, but it's a command grab so watch out for it regardless.

Ratio: Overall i just feel his pressure and neutral is capable of shutting Izayoi completely down. It can happen early as well. With nails flying, it's difficult to make your own move.

4.0 - 6.0

I really want to say it's worse than that, but I'm sure its because i'm lacking MU experience and bad gameplay. If anyone can give some tips, it would be much appreciated.

I made a long post then the forum ate it. This is definitely not our worst matchup though. Bang's mixup is annoying but not endless so lack of reversal and good pokes doesn't hurt as much versus him as it does against, say, Jin. 2a and GA j.C stuff a bunch of his defensive options and 5a is a decent AA against him due to his jump-ins also extending his hurtbox. Also easy punishes on his common "safe" moves like fire punch and ashura.

This is definitely not our worst matchup though.

Ok i can see that.

Bang's mixup is annoying but not endless so lack of reversal and good pokes doesn't hurt as much versus him as it does against, say, Jin.

I could at least react to Jin's moves and it's easy to tell when he wants to extend his pressure. is there some moves i can poke back at Bang that i'm not seeing? genuinely asking here.

2a and GA j.C stuff a bunch of his defensive options and 5a is a decent AA against him due to his jump-ins also extending his hurtbox. Also easy punishes on his common "safe" moves like fire punch and ashura.

Pressuring him is not our problem. Getting there is. I got stuffed for trying 5A AA. Again, this may be because i'm not playing it right, but its a problem.

are you suggesting that jin has endless pressure?

I want to say he meant we can handle bang's pressure easier than jin's.

5c is Bang's only real safe pressure reset and he has to jump cancel into Swallow Bang for that. If he stays on the ground you can just block till be runs out of strings to do. 6b can be beat clean on IB with 2a and he has to dash back in to continue pressure after a barriered 6a so you can usually 2a mash that out too. Keep in mind that he can't really late gat or jump cancel any of normals so his blockstrings tend to follow predetermined routes. If he tries to stagger pressure off anything other than 6a you can usually mash out clean.

Alright I got my hands in this match finally, sheesh this is button heaven for Bang or I just suck at playing online, the only way I could find to disrespect Bang's pressure was look for his 5C and 6A that button, other wise I just blocked for days and eventually got opened up with something. Even when I read a dash 5A and had that 6A ready, I got met with a guard point attack. /: So any suggestions on getting him off you or hope to get 50 meter and counter assault out of there?

See above.  Bang's pressure isn't as safe as it looks and his buttons aren't nearly as good as they were in CS1 either.  Not to mention his new super that replaced FRKZ is pretty meh so you don't really have to worry about his seal gain.