Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Videos & Discussion

- It seems like they moved the FRC point up a couple of frames on her HS Disc. In the other games, the FRC point was when Millia was moving her head forward to form the Disc. In the AC clip, the FRC point is when Millia is retracting her head after forming the Disc. Dunno if this is a good thing or bad thing...

I think it's a good thing as they'll have less time to react and counter.

- She gets a FRC point on her Winger super. It's right before she does the diving part. Meh.

Good for people like me who love to pull out a winger from a knockdown but screw it up when the opponent doesn't react like predicted.

edit:

ATTENTION!!!

MILLIA HAS HER #R THROW BACK!!!!!!!!!

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!

LMAO...

ATTENTION!!!

MILLIA HAS HER #R THROW BACK!!!!!!!!!

REJOICE!!!!!!!!!!

Fucking rejoice oh fucking yeah.

That winger + FRC uses some serious tension meter. But it does encourage people to use winger more because it's more safe. Who wants to give Millia a lockdown?

Sounds like Millia is getting back to her #roots, can't really complain about the changes we've seen so far. But, she's back down to #R's damage output as well now. No more practical zero tension, 60-70% damage loops is kind of disappointing... but having nearly every combo leave you with a cornered opponent + knockdown, I think we'll somehow manage.

With the new airdash cancels, I'm thinking (or maybe just hoping) you might be able to do combos like "2H, JC, j.S, j.H, air dash, j.S, j.H, air dash, j.D" that might end in knockdown since j.D's untechable time is increased? Although the untechable time on j.H is reduced apparently, so that probably won't work I guess.

I was close, just had the wrong normals! I even called the free knockdowns! Aww yeah!

Well, I know she got her # throw back....that makes throw combos MUCH easier. I don't know if her Pretty Maze move made it in the final cut.....I've yet to see it. She has air dash cancels now, which will make her air game even more fun. :grin: Some of her FRC points have changed.....they're posted somewhere on here I believe. Winger now has an FRC point. Her j.HS is still the / version. The pin, while still relied on for her air combos and such, doesn't seem to play as big a role as in # and /, at least to me. Her damage output is back to # now......sucky damage. :blue: Those are some that I can remember. If anyone else has more, please add them. :angel:

And so nearly two weeks after AC's release, we have our first official AC Millia match vid:

ttp://freett.com/homura824/movie.htm -> ggxxac4.zip (Millia vs Pot)

First of all, the players in this vid are actually quite good, so there's a lot to be gained from watching this (unlike those random ghakojoybox sets of 70).

New stuff observed in vid:

#Reload (Untechable) Throw - Yes it's in, and yes it does huge damage if you can follow it up with her B&B. This will probably be different for each weight class of characters.

Force Break: Longinus - Is comboable/cancellable into from Lust Shaker, causes 'sliding' property. In the vid, the player does corner 6K xx Lust Shaker, FB Longinus, then proceeds to do a running 2S-2H to pick Pot off the ground and go into her new B&B aircombo. IMO, this is a great addition, as it's a lot easier to do [6K xx LS xx Longinus] than [6K xx Slash Disc, 5S-2H], as you don't have to be super close to the opponent now, and Millia usually has tension to spare anyway.

Force Break: Pretty Maze? - a.k.a "Air Disc". The Millia player did Iron Saviour FRC, then immediately went to Air Disc while still aerial. This crossed up, but the other player somehow blocked it (was possibly going for a wakeup Pot Buster, which reverts to block on crossups). Given how short of a timeframe there is before Millia lands from IS FRC, this new FB must be very, very fast, within a 5 frame startup or less... it would be a huge boost to Millia's midscreen game if she could go into her B&B combo from this crossup setup. This also seemed to be a Level 5 move, given the amount of pushback.

Other things I observed:

- j.D landing recovery reduced/removed?

A couple of times, the Millia player ends a combo with j.D xx S Pin, then lands and immediately does a 6H on landing. With the old j.D landing recovery, I doubt this would have been possible, but it seems to work in AC.

- Faster j.D startup

Well, there must be, in order for it to combo from a still-Level 1 j.K... so I'm thinking it has gone from 11F to 9F startup, most likely.

- FDC Throw back in?

At 4:09, after doing a ground string to Slash Disc in the corner, Millia tries for something that looks suspiciously close to an FD throw, which ends up being an aerial FD. No idea what the player was going for here, but it seemed to be deliberate...

Anyway, this new Millia looks much improved over the old Slash Millia, despite the reduction in combo damage. In fact I'd even be willing to say that she's comparable to #Reload Millia at this point - given that a player can convert every combo opportunity into a corner knockdown.

Finally, Millia seems fun to play again.

Observations from the Millia vs Potemkin. FB from Lust Shaker knocks down. The enemy can be picked up for a combo from the knockdown. FB blue disc thing seems to have significant lag while recovering. The Potemkin player didn't seem to counter afterwards so I presume it must have a pretty decent stun when it is blocked. Using it to crossover after a FRC Iron Saber was interesting. j.D seems to be better on normal hit for getting the opponent to the corner since it pushes a lot better now. But I'm disappointed that the counter hit doesn't wall bounce anymore... Wasn't exactly a great video to observe new stuff. Everything else seems the same. edit: LOL. looks like Teyah did an observation 100X better than mine, but I still found this vid kinda boring. But that's just me...

Lol yeah, the new voice set in that vid kind of sucked. There're still the other two though, and hey, at least it's the same voice actress...

Doren: In case you didn't check the other thread, Millia vs Potemkin

same voice too? oh well =[ w/ her new air dash cancels... she can have some pretty sick air mixups.. im not sure if this works but maybe... in the corner... hs disc.. instant j.k.. both disc and j.k blocked... and then while landing j.s, ad cancel into j.s... and then land for a low hit or ad cancel again into another j.s... there should be enough time to hit confirm and it can be a high to high to low mixup.. or a high to high to high mixup.. crazy possibilities now

True, but I don't think j.S -> ADC j.S will combo.. at least not by doing j.S RC AD j.S, in Slash or #R anyway. The framedata also says that there's a frame or two less than needed to make that link: j.S = 10F startup and Lv3 AD = 6F+ delay before you can act... Lv3 hit on croucher = 15F hitstun. 1 frame or so too little. :sad: But yeah, j.S (AD j.S), AD j.K-S (or at least j.K-P, land 2P...), or land 2S-2H looks like it would work for a good mixup. So any time you get the opponent blocking, you should be able to do high-low stuff much more safely. It's not I-No-like BS where everything combos, but it's at least a lot better than what she previously had!

The #R Millia combo video "Rhapsody" featured j.D xx S pin into 6HS, but since it's a CV, can't really say how tight that link is. It's obviously possible though.

The latest set of three vids didn't have a skilled Millia like the first vid, but rather someone who looked to be still trying to figure out how to make her new airdash cancels work. The new Tandem Top (Disc) Force Break was used a fair bit, and it seems to carry a lot of mixup potential. Anyway, some more observations from the latest vids follow:

j.H now floats opponent on grounded hit(!)

This is very good, as it may allow Millia to go directly into corner dustloop / j.H loop after a successful mixup, much like Sol in #Reload with his dustloop. So I'm thinking Millia may be able to do a j.H, 2H directly into corner combo, as a high variation on the j.S ADC mixup.

Force Break Disc holds opponent in place for the duration of all three hits

This effectively means that it is possible to followup after a successful mixup from midscreen using this FB. The crossup setup shown in the first vid (Iron Saviour FRC, immediate FB Disc) definitely looks like it will be able to be followed up with a B&B aircombo. Additionally, you can probably lay a FB Disc after knockdown, land a 6K at midscreen, and follow that up with a B&B combo - something that used to cost 50% tension to attempt. This looks to be a very, very useful addition to Millia's mixups, since she now appears to be a real threat at midscreen.

Teyah: Thanks for upping those filebank vids in the video thread. Man, FB Disc looks really interesting... And yeah, j.HS floats on grounded hit is dope. They probably put it in to make up for the loss of the wall bounce on a CH j.D... And is it me, or has the range on Millia's 6HS gotten even smaller from Slash? I know it got reduced from #R to Slash, but it looks like it's even worse now (seems like the range is almost the same as her far 5S now, wtf?). Edit: Woah, her FB Disc doesn't disappear when she gets hit... Nice.

groups.myspace.com/blondehuntress It's my Millia Myspace fangroup....it's got some Slash vids and 2 AC vids up if anyone uses myspace. They are VS Potemkin and VS Venom.

Sign in to follow this