Sign in to follow this  
TGS

AC Millia: Videos & Discussion

Diablo : How do u actually download videos from that site u posted ? I keep getting an error page ... the file doesnt download.

Strange, I just go 'save target as' and save it... It's still working for me...

Kaqn played much better against Shadow than he did in his earlier match on Gamechariot. Particularly interesting was his air combo to FB Disc, land 6H for knockdown - if he had chosen to cancel 6H into Roll, he probably could have followed up with generic far-away wakeup pressure. Still, good to know that consistent knockdown is a possibility, if at the expense of 25% meter.

Koichi is looking solid enough, given his long absence from Millia play. The main problem that I saw wasn't in his play, but in that fact that Millia simply has trouble dealing a decent amount of damage in her B&B, and can't get many openings from the (seemingly) inconsistent knockdowns either.

Of course, her older problems still persist: her at-neutral game remains weak and the raw damage ratio per successful hit is always going to be heavily skewed in her opponent's favour. And now, she's not even able to dish it out or put herself into favourable situations as well as in previous games... so I think it's pretty safe to say it will be an uphill battle for Millia in AC.

hey where'd you find that pic of millia in your avatar

http://img377.imageshack.us/img377/1632/millia7wj3.jpg

http://img212.imageshack.us/img212/6281/millia5nv5.jpg (Also by same artist)

so I think it's pretty safe to say it will be an uphill battle for Millia in AC.

true... but millia's always been an uphill battle.. the way I see it, this version is better than her slash version. Her damage input isn't as much... but imo it all adds up with her new ac stuff. she has more tricks, better mid screen mixups, her throw being useful again, etc. etc...

then again all i watch are millia vids.. so I haven't fully seen what other bs the other characters can do now... so we'll c.. its just like her slash version... when no one was able to do her combos when the game first came out...

oh yeah.. can someone confirm if her badmoon is still frcable... havent seen anyone do it yet

oh yeah.. can someone confirm if her badmoon is still frcable... havent seen anyone do it yet

I haven't seen it yet myself. I know her HS disc and Iron Savior are still FRCable, but that's about it......don't know about Bad Moon yet. I would think it would still be though.

I agree.....I think she's better than Slash Millia, minus damage output wise, and I'm sure alot of people are happy about that, but I was actually one of the few who like Slash Millia to her previous incarnations. But I'm looking forward to AC Millia.....she looks like alot of fun. And her FB disc! LOL at the possibilities with that. :yaaay:

If she has the ability to get consistent knockdowns from her B&Bs, then I would also agree that she may be better than Slash Millia... but, relative to the rest of the cast in each game, she would still be worse off than in Slash.

Alot of other chars were given major beefs in AC; Millia was mainly given better mixups at the expense of big damage and possibly knockdowns (or at least free knockdowns)... which she needs to get into those mixups safely anyway. I don't think the tradeoff was worth it. :(

From what I've seen so far, with all of her abare attacks pretty much taken out (big damage 2H CH, j.D CH, 6H CH, 236S CH is techable after they wall bounce), she has been reduced to a pure setup character. The only good thing she got in this game seems to be the FB disc, and it seems she can still do half life+ off of a clean, non-scaled launch, especially if they don't FD the new disc (have you seen how much the guard guage gets jacked up?). Unfortunately, everyone else in the cast (or the more powerful characters) have been given better "magic 4" CH style seeking moves that they can throw out with relatively little consequence, throwing risk/reward out the window. Millia's best version, by far, was her GGXX incarnation, with #R only very very close behind. When everyone else is being given brand new guns and shit, she's just getting almost-as-good replacements for her old ones. And yeah, this is all assuming she can get knockdowns on her BnB's WITHOUT the hairpin. I still haven't decided if I'm going to stick with her or not, but the way this game is looking so far, it's gonna be even harder to avoid random power hits because of how rewarding they are to throw out. So basically, while her offense is going to be getting better, people won't be scared to start throwing out moves against her because the old CH threat no longer exists. You're going to have to be MUCH more careful locking people down now, using more meter for FB Discs to stop escape attempts (and of course for re-mixup). At the same time, your defense while controlling space is going to have to get a lot better too. I don't think she'll wind up on top in this game unless some truly horrendous shit is discovered, but I digress.

And there you have it. :cool: I suppose that explains why I see alot less reliance on the pin since the first vids started rolling out. Untech time on the pin has been DRASTICALLY decreased form Slash to AC. Not to mention, she's back to #R damage.....which sucks. Although she did get her #R throw back, so that's something to be thankful for. Her airdash combos I've heard are alot easier this time around, it's just not leaving an opening and timing everything correctly is the problem. Although I do have faith.....Koichi came back over to the Millia side, so she mustn't be as "bad" as some may think. Time will tell I guess.

On a side note, it does appear that you COULD get an air launch off of the FB disc, Bad Moon set up. I noticed it launched ABA upwards and "held" her there. Why that player didn't attempt it I'm not sure, unless it's not possible. I've not seen that set up before in a vid, so I could be wrong, but considering they pulled that off 3 times in a row does make me wonder if a launcher like 2hs and follow up in the air is possible.

You can already get an aerial launch from non-FB Disc, Bad Moon (FRC Disc makes it easier, but it's not required)... so launching from FB Disc -> Bad Moon is pretty much guaranteed. With FB Disc you almost always get two high/low mixup opportunities per setup, as opposed to just one with regular Disc. I believe I've seen 2S (blocked), 6K (hits) -> followup work, so there's plenty of time to do any combination of high/lows that you like. The only set that may not work is Bad Moon (blocked) -> 6K (hits), which is probably a bit too slow to follow up with anything. Then again, 6K xx Roll to crossover, followed by 2P-5S© -> aircombo might work in that case... who knows. Best to just wait till AC hits consoles where we can all test this stuff, anyway.

Yes I knew you could get it off FRC disc easier, but this new FB disc just makes things a bit more interesting for her mix up game. Bad Moon you could still obviously cancel into 5k, launch I would assume. We were talking the other day about whether the Bad Moon is still FRC/RC able, but I assume it would be. I'm ready for this to hit consoles already. I'm so set to make a guide it's killing me....haha. I assume you'll help me Teyah? ;)

heh Against the aba play, the millia didn't combo after the FB disc cuz he didn't feel secure enough in his ability to knockdown from an aircombo to throw away the garanteed knockdown. Looks like things like 2S-5P-6K and 2S-5P-2S are possible after FB disc in the corner, and maybe midscreen. Would be interesting to see TK turbo fall -> FRC, land, roll... for a really quick double crossup. Or FRC in j.K or stop short by buffering a 2nd turbo fall. Lots of extra cross up options and high low options seem available. Heck, maybe even weird stuff like FB disc, 6K(Whiff) -> FRC, dash to push them out of the disc and FD throw, or just go right into some other high/low/cross up (6K -> FRC, iad... heheheh).

Against the aba play, the millia didn't combo after the FB disc cuz he didn't feel secure enough in his ability to knockdown from an aircombo to throw away the garanteed knockdown.

Hmm I suppose so since knockdowns are harder to get now. But still, I don't know why he did that 3 times in a row......I mean, he clearly could have launched from my perspective. Just my ovservation though.:)

If you're giving up B&B damage just so you can get a knockdown to possibly score another B&B then something's wrong... I'm thinking that wasn't the reason.

2S-5P xx 5K-6K is a slightly faster way of getting 6K out, and you can always opt to do 2S-5P xx 2K instead, which might not be a bad idea.

As far as whiff recovery goes, it's better to just end at 2S, since 2S-5P recovers a frame slower than 2S itself. Also on hit, you'll have to deal with that extra damage scaling from 5P-j.K before your B&B...

FB Disc, TK Turbofall FRC, land -> Roll is silliness, but might just work. FB disc, 6K FRC -> Roll is pretty evil as well, but both of these use 50% tension to just set up.

I'm seeing a potential problem with FB Disc and crossups though. Since crossups only work on opponents who are not in blockstun, in any case where you can successfully execute these, your opponent could have just (FD) jumped out of the FB Disc. Since FD jump is probably the best way for opponents to escape any sort of Disc pressure, you'd best be able to read your opponent well before risking two guaranteed high/lows just 'cause you wanted to be fancy.

Sign in to follow this