Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Stryfe

I-No Matchup Ratios Discussion...

3) Ino has no real invul wakeup besides ground overdrive. even then a smart pot will wait and use His OD to punish you and youll be a sad panda...on the other hand VCL on wakeup is invul to low hits so use if you KNOW pot will go low on Oki. utilize wakeup backdash too.

I have to add you need to be careful using the wake up super. I lost a match because I got knocked down in the corner and used the super on wake up. The Potemkin was expecting it and literally flicked it. Cost me the match.

flicked your OD FTW! That is so tragic, worst thing you can do vs pot is be predictable. I died almost instintaneously one time cause pot saw my j.S>j.D mixup and 6p'd me into rape. I was so sad. Gotta stay random and unpredictable on that beast.

I'd say this is pretty accurate but if Vegta decided to post his opinion I'll redo the averages.

Gl on that, since he doesnt play anymore, he plays brawl since its easier.

Hmmm, I understand. However, Potemkin can still definitely fuck up I-no given the chance. His pros list might be two short of hers, but granted its not like he doesn't stand a good chance against her. I'm not trying to counteract what you say, Mynus. I'm just trying to understand why I'm getting my ass handed to me by Potemkins. Also, about Koichi...honestly, I don't know if it'd be fair to say that just because he has an easier time around a matchup that the rest of us automatically do. I mean, he beasts EVERYONE regardless of how bad the matchup is considered. Plus, I can't do 90% of the insane shit he does, so him raping a Potemkin is not the way I would (or most people would). Here's a match with Koogy against Raekwon (if you don't mind, I saw this in the Slayer video thread). http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OnyYnUW8GMw

You can semi-safely yomi his super-armor move whatever it is... Hammerfall(?) by jumping straight up and j.P. The j.P would have hit him but your vertical momentum puts you just above the hit and you fall just as he recovers. This is of course if your Pot thought you were gonna commit yourself to something like HCL or some one hit poke or the Pot's just nervous and throwing random shit to catch you.

CONS -

1) Pot can PB STBT before the hit. make sure you range it properly so he cant BD and PB you. he Can PB you without backdashing, but every char can throw you in this period. but unless they Like getting CH and losing al least 60% they will just block low. still use sparingly and smart.

Eh, I think a lot of characters have pretty nifty solutions to STBT, but I don't purport to know. What I do know is that Axl has at least three: two he can do on reaction, both of which can be big free damage, one of which is very safe to try in any situation (And will hit before the FRC point).

Eh, I think a lot of characters have pretty nifty solutions to STBT, but I don't purport to know. What I do know is that Axl has at least three: two he can do on reaction, both of which can be big free damage, one of which is very safe to try in any situation (And will hit before the FRC point).

lol what's worse is a charachter can throw you out of STBT and if you were going for a throw the FRC will still happen even while you're being thrown and completely waste 25% tension.

I'm not too sure what one reaction you're talking about (please expand) but you do know STBT has 2 FRC points right? Is what you're talking about only regaurding the 2nd point?

I think what digital watches means is beating out a stand alone STBT with 2hs. But what he doesn't know is on reaction it'll not hit before the first frc point but for the i-no player reacting to an 11 frame move to frc to save your ass isn't gonna happen. But Axel's 6hs owns the hell STBT fyi BMS and for juicy large damage if I may add, be afraid. STBT isn't necessary when your mixing him up, just be more unpredictable.

I-no can HS STBT pots Hammerfall. or just 2K 2S 5H into HCL combo him if you have time before the hit.. I wish i had some recent vids of me vs pot as you guys would see what im talking about. Stryfe, if you have any vids of you vs pot and you need some advice post it in the media section or the I-no char specific matchup forums any questions on any chars post them up!

ouch kobe that hurts. im just not around when to play GG but not playin it in awhile is kinda making me want to start back up. here is what i think. i havent played awhile so i might be off im lookin at some of yalls scores and rate from my view, it isnt too much off OS - 4/6 AB - 6/4 DI - 6/4 RO - 4/6 hate this fight SO - 5/5 ED - 4.5/5.5 KY - 4.5/5.5 PO - 5/5 FA - 3.5/6.5 MA - 2/8 haha i hate this match soooo much MI - 4/6 i think this match is pretty much even but millia has a little bit more to help. CH - 4/6 cant really comment. kensou was hard to fucking get into the corner and i my playing was epic fail that day we played, but he is fast. BA - 4.5/5.5 JA - 4/6 JO - 6/4 AX - 4/6 AN - 5/5 VE - 4.5/5.5 TE - 4.5/5.5 SL - 4.5/5.5 ZA - 5/5 BR - 4.5/5.5

I think what digital watches means is beating out a stand alone STBT with 2hs. But what he doesn't know is on reaction it'll not hit before the first frc point but for the i-no player reacting to an 11 frame move to frc to save your ass isn't gonna happen.

But Axel's 6hs owns the hell STBT fyi BMS and for juicy large damage if I may add, be afraid.

STBT isn't necessary when your mixing him up, just be more unpredictable.

Actually, the three I meant were 2H, 3P, and 6H.

2H and 3P you can do on reaction, no problem. 6H I've done fairly well with, but I doubt I could throw it in time if I weren't looking for the STBT. 3P is safe as hell to throw out even if you're just fishing, so I could see it stuffing the first FRC point just on that, but I don't think it'll technically hit before the first FRC on reaction (Oh well, you're blocking and wasted 25% meter, if you can react that fast :v:.) 3P and 6H (and 2H too but only if you can't mash out) cause lots and lots of painful damage for I-No.

There's also the fourth option, 2K, which is fastest and can be thrown very late (but still before FRC 2), but since it prorates and doesn't do much damage and requires an FRC to launch, it's not really worth mentioning among the others.

:keke:

I-no can HS STBT pots Hammerfall. or just 2K 2S 5H into HCL combo him if you have time before the hit.. I wish i had some recent vids of me vs pot as you guys would see what im talking about.

Stryfe, if you have any vids of you vs pot and you need some advice post it in the media section or the I-no char specific matchup forums

any questions on any chars post them up!

I don't unfortunately, but hopefully I'll have some vids up for critiquing at the next tourney that I'm going to. Thanks for the advice. Maybe we can have a mirror sometime, NY isn't too far from CT. Plus, it'd be nice to get tips/advice from another I-no :keke:

Honestly, besides May l think Baiken is I-no's hardest matchup. Dunno if it's true. We need another GG game so I-no can get better dammit!!!

Baiken, should be pretty even if not slightly in her favor. Testament definitely beats I-No as he does most of the cast. Can get fucked up by I-No. Slayer beats I-No, but can get fucked up. Aba beats I-No, but will get fucked up if she doesn't avoid HCL, Knockdowns, and Jp. Axl...Nuff said May...Nuff said Venom...i'd say Even. No clear advantage. Dizzy..id say even or slightly in I-No's favor Potemkin....clearly in Potemkin's favor. Robo....Robo's favor. Not sure why. Probably good option selects and safer normals. IB notes for meter. Sol....probably in Sol's favor or least even. His buttons and risks have a lot better pay outs than I-No's. Ky...Even. Zappa...I-nos favor. Faust...Slightly in his favor or at least even. Its kind of the same principle as Baiken. Just gotta figure it out. Eddie...Id say even. There is no clear rapeage going on. They both fuck each other up. Classic fight. HOS...Even..Keep your 5K's, 6HS's, JP's, 6P's handy. Johnny...Even...he dashes over strokes. Coins are pretty nice in this fight. Millia...most likely in her favor. Just face it. She has BETTER buttons.

Some of those were on the mark, but some were iffy to me. HOS- His favor. In this match she's blocking 90% of the time. Screw up, you lose. Tessie- I think this is lno's. He tries to control space but lno's HCL and note help her get in on him and screw him up. l saw a match where lno murdered a Tessie who tried to setup. Pot-... l dunno, this is hard. He can counter note, but if he dosen't manage to do so... l say even. Dizzy- Dizzy's favor. l heard people say Bridget has favor over her due to yoyo setup.

HOS?? Hell no. You screw up in any fight you lose. This is probably the only char you will ever dizzy. Well maybe him and Millia. Testament..Obviously in his favor. His pokes outrange I-No's by all means. He has superior field control. Her only scary tool is hcl and that can easily be taken care of. Watch Koichi vs. Shounen fights. Notes can get warranted. Koichi might make it seem that way, but its clearly not. Dashing over trees is fine, but you have to deal with webs, high curses, back exe beast, 2s, j.s...list goes on. OF course when i-no gets a knockdown she wins. Pot i believe crushes her face. Whoever gets the knockdown first. Pot can reaction hammerfall STBT, flick notes, potbuster her ground super, or just pot buster in general. Not to mention her terrible Dizzy rating.

HOS is so offensive though. lf you screw up there is no chance of a comeback, unlike with other char where you can try to get out. lt's the same as pot. First knochdown wins. Except HOS's pokes are better than lno's. l still think Tessie has problems with her. His pokes are slow, and right out of his 6hs range, lno can get in and murder with only a well timed warrant to bail Tessie out. I think most of her game is on first knock. A Dizzy that sets up is a winning Dizzy.

I-no is not really worried about 6hs in the testament fight. She is worried about 2s, 6k, correct warrants, nets, well placed trees, back exe beast, not to mention forward exe beast. Testament zones better than I-No. He dominates her at mid range as tricky as it can be (dash over move, or stroke). Her air dash is long and can get her badlands on reaction. HOS does have better buttons but again 5k, 2s, 2k all are good options for I-no. Her Jp has more range than HOS's. A nice 6P can beat RI not to mention her 2hs can and will murder GB. I-no is not too worried on oki. She does have a good super in this fight as well as a good back dash. If you play shitty defense with her, of course you die. Correct spacing is key in this fight.There is a chance to comeback if you screw up in the HOS fight. If you're not even using 5k, 6hs, or Jp, you're not playing this fight right at all. The Dizzy fight...probably not. Correct spacing is also key with the Testament and Dizzy fights.

Maybe you're right... however, i'm just saying it how l see fights go. ^-^ I know 6hs is shitty for Tessie, but it's his longest poke, l think. Everyone can stuff lno's STBT and proceeed to rape the hat off her; Tessie is no exception really. But if lno has him pressured and dosen't let up, Tessie's weed trees and hair nets count for naught, leaving the gimmicky warrant as the best option to him. l think HOS can FRC fenrir out of her pressure, not too sure. His risk/reward is better than hers IMO.

^If I-No even gets to pressure test then sure. She pretty much has to get him right off the bat or catch a mistake he makes. Which can be pretty hard to do. She also has to worry about his 2HS. Not many people use it, but his dust is godlike. Testaments J.S also has very good air control. While I-No has speed. Testament has range and his pokes aren't uber slow either. Either way frc or not I-No's 2HS is +6 on block. I-No can get ridiculous damage with 25% off of just about anything ground or air on the field whereas HOS is probably going to get big damage off of throw, anti-air 5Hs, gunblaze, RI level 2, and potentially 2D, 5k, and Fafnir, BRP lvl3 all of which aren't really high or low except for fafnir and BRP. Take that out all you have really are Fafnir, both throws (airthrow is weird), BR lvl 3 (Which is easy to see), and 5D(Which can be easy to see). Compared to I-No who has STBT, 2K(Which can combo into corner carry and knockdown), SDive, Both throws(air throw more likely to get a wall bounce), her dash (all of her air normals have little or no proration and are closer to the ground than HOS's). Risks actually seem pretty even. HOS doesn't really have to risk as much because his normals are better IMO. I-No doesn't necessarily set up her damage. HOS does a little more than she does. At least in my opinion, I-No can score big damage off of random hits(if you can see and react) more so than HOS. And I am big on capitalizing if I can. The way i play at least, I try to make everything hurt.

When you put it that way... HOS seems easy. On paper lol. His 5D is hard to see for me. Besides that, HOS hits hard. Trying to counter his hits and screwing up hurts... otherwise, l think l got some clarity on how to fight him now, thanks =D ... but... i'm still not sure about Tess. He isn't very slow, but slow enough to lose lol. A hsSTBT at the start of the match is risky but gets in his face and you got it from there. Her problem comes when he gets breathing room. Then it's GG for her.

The HOS fight is very bare knuckles you could say. -Yes you have to anti-air (5k and 6HS specifically) -Yes you have to poke correctly -Yes you must bait all uppercuts for big damage. Im not too sure but 6HS should be a fine punish -Yes you must zone correctly -React to RI's with 6P immediately. -Yes you must stroke eventually, you might even get beat by Fafnir. -Yes you must handle gunblaze with either stroke, a move that hits the ground, or by throw. -Yes you have to dive sometimes. -No you must not be predictable -No by any means do you dash directly at HOS. -If you do not JP or 5k soon enough when he jumps from a mid range distance, you will get hit. -You have greater airthrow range...USE IT! Against Testament you will have to stroke eventually to counter is 2HS, but bear in mind that HSexebeast CH is free loop for Testament. Testaments generally can start a fight off with badlands, back dash, forward beast. 5s (f), 2HS. Dashing over at the start is an option(or dashing in general) but he can easily keep I-No grounded. Axls pokes are slower than Testament and Testament does bad pretty much only against Axl, maybe even Venom. Testament has no trouble having breathing room in this fight. If she gets tension, then Testament should be very very scared. Otherwise she's no one special.