Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

femoral

Slayer vs A.B.A

I have sooooooo much trouble with this fight. sometimes i can poke through the moroha rushdown of doom but i find its way safer to block, and about 50% of the time i block it correctly and the other 50% results in death also i cant seem to hit her out of the air with either 6P or 2S that heavy slash is just way too strong. Sometimes if i anticipate it i can BBU it if he air dashes in with it. i seem to have her normal mode down pretty well but once she gets into moroha its beast time >.< any help would be greatly appreciated.

When she's in moroha mode you are better off blocking if she's rushing you down, and looking for the tickthrow or her guard break kick move (dunno what it's called). 2S should be able to beat any move she jumps in with. If her j.HS is beating your 2S, then you're probably not doing it early enough (I could be thinking of her j.S though, will test later). If you have her on the defensive and she's STILL in moroha, then you have to fight her like you fight potemkin. LOTS AND LOTS of 5k. 2p works pretty good too. With 5k if she attempts to DP (regular or ex) you have enough time to recover, block and punish the DP. If she out spaces your 5k then the game is in her favor as her 5HS will pretty much stuff anything you can throw at her (well except BBU but that's too risky). She's deathly afraid of tick throws so try and use that to your advantage.

the ABA i play mashes throws out pretty hard so its not easy to tick throw her the only tick throw i can get typically is a k mappa fient and even that is only once in a blue moon. basically the whole match for me is build tension and wait for a whiffed dansai to CH DoT. if i can get that then im set the problem is surviving long enough, her fuzzy guard shit is insane.

Moroha ABA vs Slayer is in ABA's advantage. They both are high priority characters with the ability to combo into big damage; however, ABA's moves have longer range, her f.S stuffs anything from its max range, her deep 5HS and 2D eats Dandies all day long, her j.HS gives Slayer's AA some problems (He needs to pick the right one and needs to time it just right. Early 2S for instance) and her Danzai doesn't make life easy for Slayer either. Femoral, ABA's don't expect to get their pressure damage all the time. They will however get there sooner or later - which is why it's important to do avoid getting dragged into her 2HS pressure deathtrap. Punish Danzai second hit with P.Dstep Bunker I believe. 5K is solid if you're spacing it right, but most ABAs will be either rushing you down or at f.S range or further away. PS nobody is unthrowable. Your setups might be too familiar to the other player, or you're not mixing up well enough. In summary, do your best to contain her in normal mode, and when she's in Moroha, do your best to avoid getting blockstringed into her pressure game. This matchup is def one of the few that aren't in Slayer's favor.

Moroha, you punish Danzai with IB first hit->BBU_DOT_Crosswise_Sweep_Pile Really, I like when ABA Danzai's cause I get free CH's from it. Really, the only way to do this matchup is to RTSD ASAP while she's in normal mode and don't let a bitch get out. this is MacArthur Blunts BTW.

i dunno, when i fight this match up, if she gets her blood pack, i am sure she doesn't want to get knockdown, so that works to my advantage cause i just counter accordingly get the knockdown and bait any attempts that they do to make sure i don't get that knockdown... though sitting there and blocking stuff and seeing your guard bar flashing most of the time is a pain though :/

will FD push her out far enough that her fuzzy guard shit doesnt work? or at least enough that you can BDC air throw her out of it?

Just use it to push her back and limit her options. IB 2H, IB Danzai, IB rekkas. Use FD to force her to make decisions based on your range, then IB and BDC (choose option) to get out/punish

First off: Learn to use FD Learn When to poke Back Stop Backing away after you score that knockdown More Okizemi Better Counter Poke Options... Mix up your block strings and tick throws etc... Learn your combo options... you drop too many opportunities overall... and feels like you are too scared to approach when you downed the guy... ABA in Power up mode has better Pokes than you, her standing HS should be eating you alive... cause that move is damn good... but overall i don't see much of that happening so just to let you know for future reference.. you are just blocking too many attacks where you can FD and escape but he just cranks up your guard bar, and when you mess up, you eat a shit load of damage... Whenever you try to dandy step to a Counter attack, the option you used that i seen are not that great of options when they miss or blocked... so i guess refrain from using Dandy step as a defense measure unless you intend to FRC it... My ONLY suggestions that i want see more of is, more mind games, meaning more tick throws, etc... Start using Okizemi... every time i see you get a knockdown, or rarely see you get a knockdown, i don't see okizemi... And learn your other option combos... such as when you land a jK when they back dash to 5K-> do Mappa Punch K instead of jK which will missed, most of the time... that is all i have to say

Ok after looking at the videos...

your dandy step could use more work. If I feel I'm far I can do a a dandy crossheel which is safe on block, if I get closer I do dandy>HS, then combo into a 2K, 2HS. You should also use more of a rushdown strategy, Slayer is about getting close and personal and mixing it up.

Like Zaido said, your Okizeme needs MUCH work. Try this for size, fake Dust 2HS, or fake 6K Throw Bite. fake 6K Throw bite is a favourite of mine since your bite is right out of their grab range, but you get to bite em. Follow it up with a 5HS pilebunker for non-mashers, and for mashers with 2HS bbu.

At 0:50 in the first vid you after knockdown you do 6K and it hits....why didn't you combo into 3kicks then mappa? And since you had tension you could rc the mappa, 5HS pilebunker for the win, but the previous combo would have killed her off there anyway.

At 1:52 you have a knockdown, meaning you can use your various tools of okizeme. Instead you airdash away and dandy step. Slayer is about not giving the opponents a chance to breath, and it's essentially important after a knockdown, since slayer has no projectiles you want to be close. They're scared of you close, use advantage of that.

At 2:04 you score 6K on block and don't continue. Either you're fluking or you don't know the 6K>K>K>K>TK Mappa K combo. The Ks are very essential to Slayer's game. I don't see any Ks in both vids.

Go to training and learn the Ks, this is one of your main pokes that doubles into a combo, and can also lead to various mixup oppurtunities. You can put in a maximum of 4Ks and ending it with a TK mappa K. Say you do 2Ks and they're blocking low, it's OK you can gatling into 6K, then do a 3 Ks to TK Mappa K, and RC if you wish. You're doing your Ks and they block high, it's alright time it to a 2K, 2HS, BBU. And now I think about it I barely saw any BBUs, very essential for Slayer since the crazy combos that can after, start using them more often. You can even cross em in the air with BBU.

I praise your combo in the second vid at 1:25, haven't seen that before and I really liked it, I would have done 5HS after the air HS, then j.2K, j.K, 5HS, continue, but i liked how you did a relaunch after double jumping.

Just practice these things, and your Slayer should be bitch-slapping that bitch, as Slayer's a pimp. And use the colour Normal Kick to get a pink slayer, since pink is pimp. It'll make you a better player when you want to unleash bitchslaps.

Edit: Look at this list, LOTS of move you can BBU on block with ABA severely punishing that bitch.

http://www.dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4164

If I feel I'm far I can do a a dandy crossheel which is safe on block.

wut?

6k 2k 2h bbu is needed (much much more than tk mappas imo)

Too much teching back.... you were getting read.

lots of reliance on dandystep

All those back-dashing and forward-dashing instead of poking aba was really confusing. I guess its your playstyle but I wouldn't bother moving unless you need to get into a better position to do something or to evade something.

Thanks for the advice guys, i actually beat him at the tournament we had last night, ill post the videos up as soon as we get em. beat him 3-0 too :D

wut?

I meant if you dandy step and do K not close enough, both hits connect but it'll be safe on block due to the distance. But if it's close switch to something like dandy step HS because you won't be punished.

femoral vids quick plz!

Dandy Step K (CrossWise) is never safe... really... as far as i can tell its not even matter of distance it just that after they guard the 2nd hit they should be able to Poke you Before you even hit the floor.

Dandy Step K (CrossWise) is never safe... really... as far as i can tell its not even matter of distance it just that after they guard the 2nd hit they should be able to Poke you Before you even hit the floor.

Hm...works differently with me, and i mean as far as possible, either both hits connect, or just second hit.

If you IB the second hit you can hit slayer before he hits the ground for a CH. duh (MacArthur Blunts posting)

If you IB the second hit you can hit slayer before he hits the ground for a CH. duh

(MacArthur Blunts posting)

If it's IB yeah, but I'm talking on normal block.

If it's IB yeah, but I'm talking on normal block.

It's punishable in every situation by every character in the cast unless you RC it. That why ghetto strats like crosswise RC j.HS (for CH bait) works every now and then. If you're not being punished, you're playing some people that are 1)Terrified of your slayer or 2)Don't know that the move is punishable.

It's punishable in every situation by every character in the cast unless you RC it. That why ghetto strats like crosswise RC j.HS (for CH bait) works every now and then. If you're not being punished, you're playing some people that are 1)Terrified of your slayer or 2)Don't know that the move is punishable.

Huh...I guess everyone I've went up against is terrified to punish my slayer...that makes a lot of sense, thanks for setting me right.