Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

kanom

Zappa vs Faust

as usual i'll be brief :) it's been a long time,but looks like nobody miss me :) now returning to the subject,this faust guy,he's got a looooooooooooot of range,my friend is a stupid player,sometimes he just keep mashing "s" and get lots of "counter hits" zappa's got a short range that's the problem,well i would like to hear other people's experience with the mindless faust.

There's a reason why Faust is Zappa's sub boss. He's got crazy range and damage. However, if you hang back and pay attention to some patterns, you may find some areas where you can run in and attack (Faust's 5Sf or 5K come to mind).

Oh wow, I didn't post this yet? My bad :psyduck: Zappa and Faust's styles are polar opposites of each other. The design of them was meant to clash, which makes it obvious that it's such an awkward matchup for both characters. Naked/unsummon: -The most important thing in this matchup is to get into Faust's face. If the player has experience against Zappa's, they won't go for the pokes that miss and instead constantly use the ones that will ALWAYS work on Zappa (2HS, 6HS, 2K, etc). However, Zappa's f.S, 6P, and 5K are three amazing pokes that will still ruin Faust's day if you get close enough. -Don't get cocky. Faust's pokes are a pain in the ass and his items can really frustrate you, but defense is sometimes your one and only option in this match. Practice learning the things you can run under or summon through, mostly his air moves (a perfectly timed summon will clash with mid-full range 6HS, keeping you safe). Use common sense, don't just throw out summons and pokes randomly but don't play defensively (because that's when Faust really shines). -Get that summon and keep in his face. DO NOT GET INTO THE AIR OMG I CANNOT STRESS THAT ENOUGH WITH THIS MATCHUP. I have defeated Faust players for the single reason that I did not jump; the player even complained about it afterwards.:psyduck: Ghosts: -This is a pretty good summon if you know your FRC's so you can escape his counterattempts easily. For instance, P Toss FRC Block Scalpel pull, p ghost lands and you get a free rushdown combo. -Look out for his dimensional door BS. P toss will defeat the air one, but if you know your timing you can double jump over the door. Try to get in the corner and you'll force the one from behind to hit from the front, giving you a free grab. -Pressure, pressure, pressure. Don't let him throw items and stuff any counter attempt he pulls. This summon is great for this matchup, hands down. Sword: -Fast pokes can stuff nearly any poke of Fausts easily. With some of the best anti-airs in the game (2HS, DP), the sword can just completely beat anything Faust tries. -Learn what beats what in this matchup. It is vital to understand what you can beat of Fausts, because most players will always do certain patterns with Faust (it's simply the way he's designed). Therefore, you should be able to counter most things a Faust does if you understand what you're capable of. -There are too many to mention, but I'll note some things Zappa can beat with the sword: any air move with 2HS/DP, DP beats Scalpel pull, unless your close just block 6HS, otherwise you should be able to get a swordswipe or sword slide. 5HS will beat nearly any other pressure/poke attempt on the ground. Dog: -It's rather difficult to use the dog in this matchup because of Fausts items. However, because of Faust's size, if you can time your dog properly, it's pretty much all yours. -This takes personal experience with the way your opponent fights to learn how to do this vs. Faust. However, because the majority of Faust players don't have a huge grasp of the technical side of things (Since Faust generally just doesn't need to know it), you will have an advantage if you understand these things (because zappa players really need to know this stuff) and are able to figure out how your opponent plays in just a round or two. Note: I'm not saying all fausts are like this, just a very large majority I have played. I fight Senkei all the time, but the dog is still difficult to use in this matchup unless I can get the proper situation and counter hits to overwhelm him. -Dog is good, albeit even more situational then normal in this matchup. Keep the dog close and you're defense strong and you should do ok. Raou: -Meaties all day. Just take it to him and don't give him any opportunities to counter (it's very easy with Raou). -Edguy will defeat ANY attempt at action vs. Faust. Darkness anthem will beat any meaty attempt, though a properly timed scalpel pull can ruin this. Overall: Fighting Faust is tricky business, but it's still one of my favorite matchups. I'd say it's probably about even, 5-5, because of how situational both characters need to be. While Faust has range, you have mobility; Both of you can set stuff up, so you have to watch those items AND his pokes. It's very bad to forget he threw a meteor and try to attack him. It's a fun matchup though, so long as you don't get frustrated.