Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DerQ

[CP] Amane vs. Hazama

This match-up is a lot like Nu - zoning is a straight game of RPS. If you think he'll 5D, do jC. If you think he'll 6D, do 2C/5C. If you think he'll jump, do j6C/6C. He'll be playing the same guessing game but he has a slight advantage because the range on his drive is slightly longer than range on C normals. It's generally better to be in the air so if he guesses right and you're forced to block something you at least deny him pressure. Don't bother trying to 6A him.

If Hazama gets predictable with his jumping, you can scoop him out of the air for free with 623C and RC for enormous damage. Hazama can't punish Amane like that as long as you barrier at the appropriate angles, so that's nice. j2B safejumps Houtenjin in the corner. Not much else beyond that tbh, it's all about who plays better in neutral and I think it's relatively even.

j2B safe jumps Houtenjin of course.

Might want to do a quick edit to your post, Eshi. I don't think you want to j.D at Haz's 5D lol

The only times I used 6A in this match up was when the Haz got too predictable trying to Chain in, or they tried to mix me up with whatever, 3C x 214D~A (Ressenga).

Might want to do a quick edit to your post, Eshi. I don't think you want to j.D at Haz's 5D lol
It only took my two months to realize what you were talking about LOL

I just learned something excellent about this match-up: grounded 236A goes over Hazama's 5D chain. This player intentionally does it multiple times in this match, observe: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QMawt-6YEtE#t=1h09m28s