Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Daemon Bride

im surprised that no one posted anything about this game here yet

made by the same people who are behind AH and AH2, not much is out yet, apparently it will use some sort of assist mechanics

some pics here

http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/1216644_1124.html

http://img503.imageshack.us/my.php?image=demonbridelk5.jpg

translation made by BRPXQZME on srk

Jeez, there’s barely any info on this, even in Japanese!

The article text indicates that the details on the system are not clear, but they’re keeping an eye out for the game (way to get the scoop, gaming press... >_> ).

The caption for the lower-left picture states:

“The main point is the word ‘contract’. Could it be that the female on the left and the desirable character have entered into a contract?”

Notes: the ‘contract’, 契約, is supposed to be pronounced ‘engage’ for whatever Engrish reason though it probably plays into the ‘bride’ aspect.

The blurb on the bottom reads something like “Fighting that begins based on White and Black contracts!!”

Daemon Bride

- The judgement of the power of White; the defiance of the love of Black; the Contract is the key to Tokyo.

In this double-feature on Examu’s new works, we introduce the completely new production Daemon Bride. Daemon Bride is a fighting game with an Angel vs. Demon theme and a fantasy world as the backbone. We don’t know the exact details of the game’s system, but you fight with weapons of power received from a Contract (Engage) with an angel or a demon. Also, if Arcana Heart is a fighting game aimed at the guys, it is not an exaggeration to say that this game will be charming to the ladies. With charming male characters, a complexly intertwined story, and gorgeous voice acting comparable to theatrical anime, it’s chock-full of things that the gamer girls will like. In addition to the work itself, a drama CD and theme song CD will go on sale, and there are plans to expand into other forms of media from there. But first, to introduce the concerning story and the two main characters:

Story.

It has been seven years since the great calamity that assailed the Kantō region.

What was once Tōkyō is now a city blockaded by a barrier, and has undergone a distinctive revival.

--Kyōritsu Stella Gakuen--

Making a “Contract” (Engage) with beings that transcend human knowledge,

those with the mighty power in their hands have collected.

At the academy, they have guided those who have power to straighten their paths,

in order to protect the equilibrium of the world.

However, those who dissent from the academy’s ideology also exist.

Some want power for the sake of their own convictions,

and some will throw away everything for the sake of just one love.

The desires clash, and mayhem and disorder spread.

The closed Tokyo now enters the act of fighting.

“To the corrupt world, the Justice of White–”

Sumeragi Kuon [sumeragi uses the character for “emperor”; “Kuon” uses the characters for “eternity”] (v: Miyano Mamoru)

The student council executive chair of Kyōritsu Stella Gakuen. Scholarship also places him as a top genius in the academy. Calm and composed, serious and honest. Can get to be overly fastidious, but his popularity is devoted. Originally a classmate with Reizei, they both defended the order of the academy, but....

“Dyed black, for your sake”

Abane Reizei (v: Taniyama Kishō)

Originally the student council executive vice chair of Kyōritsu Stella Gakuen. He was once called Kuon’s right arm, but for whatever reason he lost interest in the academy, and was ousted from the student council executive body. He hates to be restricted; he has a free and uninhibited personality.

Director Serizawa’s comments:

Daemon Bride is a new kind of game that will be just as fun as fighting games are; so that you can enjoy a refreshing sense, we are developing a fighting game of a type that has not been seen so far. We will also introduce many fascinating characters. Please wait for it!

Product Synopsis:

Title – Daemon Bride

Release season – scheduled for next winter

Board used – eX-BOARD

Operation – 8-way stick, 4 buttons

Hmm, I think all you guys are jumping to conclusions....the way I see it the came focuses on partnerships between a "Bride" and a "Contractor". The Contractors are the ones who fight (the cast seemlingly leaning toward the males) while the Bride aids her Contractor in battle (which I have yet to see a male Bride, so it may not have a total yaoi theme going for it). Righ now I'm not a 100% sold on it yet, I'd like to have more info on how the battle system works and more story tidbits (sounds like they're tryin to give the series a coherent story, I like that in my fighter :kitty: ) And while I'm not fond of the style, some characters have very interesting designs, and the sprites look gorgeous! Though judging from the shots ExAmu is still programming in 4:3 :psyduck: but hell I love the Arcana Heart series and inbetween my wait for 2-3 I may pick it up when it hits consoles/PCs.... Oh and P.S. while I'm sure that reaching out to the female gaming demographic isn't their target goal, if the yaoi thing falls through you bet your sweet Bri-Bris this is gonna reel em in!:eng101:

Hmm, I think all you guys are jumping to conclusions....the way I see it the came focuses on partnerships between a "Bride" and a "Contractor". The Contractors are the ones who fight (the cast seemlingly leaning toward the males) while the Bride aids her Contractor in battle (which I have yet to see a male Bride, so it may not have a total yaoi theme going for it).

Righ now I'm not a 100% sold on it yet, I'd like to have more info on how the battle system works and more story tidbits (sounds like they're tryin to give the series a coherent story, I like that in my fighter :kitty: )

And while I'm not fond of the style, some characters have very interesting designs, and the sprites look gorgeous! Though judging from the shots ExAmu is still programming in 4:3 :psyduck: but hell I love the Arcana Heart series and inbetween my wait for 2-3 I may pick it up when it hits consoles/PCs....

Oh and P.S. while I'm sure that reaching out to the female gaming demographic isn't their target goal, if the yaoi thing falls through you bet your sweet Bri-Bris this is gonna reel em in!:eng101:

Girl gaming demographic is like Under 16 = Mario Kart, Over 16 = Guitar Hero. Nothing else.

Girl gaming demographic is like Under 16 = Mario Kart, Over 16 = Guitar Hero. Nothing else.

Ok, first off that's not only the most biased and inncorrect statement I've ever heard, your only thinking off America, a region this game isn't even considering. :psyduck:

This game looks to be REALLY good. The character (not "charachter") portraits are sweet and the sprites are spectacular. Examu has yet to let me down so I expect great things from this game. I'm already MADD hype for this game and there's NO info!!! :yaaay: Wow... and "they" say fighters are dead!!!

Ok, first off that's not only the most biased and correct statement I've ever heard, your only thinking off America, a region this game isn't even considering. :psyduck:

Fixed it for you.

nah, its not fixed at all, the games that the girls play depends mostly from the region, for example here in latin america, a good number of the players of fighting games are women, of course not all of them can play the game at a competitive level, of course there are games that the women seems to preffer like you said GH, and RB, but the market is not only that, there are plenty games that you will be surprised of how many girls play them. on topic i only hoping that this game comes out for the end of the year in, that way we were be able to play it in 2009 :kitty:

I dont like the whole yaoi theme this game has.

Wait, I don't get where you're gettin' the whole yaoi-vibe. The Brides seen so far are all female, and it looks like the actual fighters are guys, right? I think it would be pretty cool to see a boy angel/devil bride(?), but c'mon, I seriously doubt that's gonna happen.

The character art isn't much to my tastes right now, but fuck me, the screenshots and sprites look amazing. GUYS IT'S LIKE FIGHTING IN AN ANIME

Kuon's weapons are kinda weird though. They're held like swords, but the ends are like meat cleavers...do weapons like these actually exist?

character design are not too appealing but maybe because I don't know the setting of the story. Right now its hard to guess but I'm hoping for a present or semi present scenario but only time will tell.

Am I the only one hyped for this game? I dunno, it just looks so cool to me, and it's a nice take on "tag-team" combat :3 And probably the closest thing I'll get to a good Shaman King of Elemental Gelade fighter. Well regardless here's some new scans showing off new characters :3 They need to open the offical site so it'll be easier to get people into this. I think it'll be a sleeper hit.

Noah Tobari

Noah's bride, Gabriel (SP?)

Licht Wulfstan Schwarz

Licht's bride Haniel (SP?)

Yui Emeila Mitsukihara

Yui's bride(husband?) Metatron (SP?)

Man the characters have long (and odd) names O.o and I'm not sure about the names of the brides (except Metatron, pretty sure about that one, and kind of sure about Gabriel, probably not spelling it right though...)

GET HYPED!

ehhh, how could i said this, im interested, but without a real footage i cant be hyped, besides all my hype is in BB and KOF XII right now XD, btw thanx for the info ;)

2 new characters: - Sumeragi Nina, little aristhocratic girl with scissor, and her husband(?) Zadogiel Seiyuu: Hanazawa Kana - Pekomaru, a beast(?!), and Satan Seiyuu: Endou Daisuke Font: *Links removed since it redirects to no-no land.