Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Daemon Bride

You might've pasted the wrong link, since neither of those tweets seem like they need to be translated.

You might've pasted the wrong link, since neither of those tweets seem like they need to be translated.

there's the same link 3 times, for sure there was something wrong

one of them is probably suposed to be this

https://twitter.com/examu_PR/status/514680027363815425

and the other 2 probably are others in jp. Well, it's easy to actually look at examu account....

They went on to explain that last year they were contemplating the possibility of a kickstarter (of what they never elaborated, I assume console port?), but gave up during calculations

I wonder if they might be better off going the route Yatagarasu did and just try to release it on Steam instead of consoles.  This is assuming that a lot of the costs associated with porting may be related to licensing with Sony / MS.  The game isn't going to be all that popular for sure (especially if Examu is in charge of netplay) but I wouldn't think porting it to PC would be all that expensive.

Clearly a crossover with Arcana Heart is in order to boost this game's popularity. Can you imagine the rage on both sides?

Regardless...shame that this game didn't really get off the ground. "Arcana Heart but not girl-only" was an interesting concept.

Although I hold to my opinion that the PC is not an ideal platform for fighting games in general, it is for this one, given its high level of obscurity and low popularity. If Examu wants to try a consumer release of DB on their own, Sony and MS' licensing fees combined with the necessary porting work are probably enough of a barrier to shut it out of consoles. I'm not confident that they can successfully manage an international Kickstarter without the stiff guidance of a US publisher, either.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_ufpPpa7M2A

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S9KZHvQxnDI

FUK!!

I knew I should've expected just match footage, but I dared to hope, and that hope was thoroughly trounced Q.Q

always nice to see fresh play though ; w;

For some reason, I found myself playing this a lot more lately. I'm kinda wondering why Examu never did a home port of this game. Was it considered a flop in their case?

At any rate, I need to get familiar with the combo mechanics because it feels really weird.

Examu is exclusively an arcade market company, all of the home ports of their games were handled/funded by third parties. Their biggest success at the time was Arcana Heart, which was still a pretty niche title so even though Daemon Bride found a following, it couldn't match AH's numbers (which were already pretty modest) so no one had a vested interest in ponying up for a consumer release. Despite this the franchise still saw limited appeal outside of arcades as several drama CDs were made. With the release of the update, Additional Gain for NESSiCAxLive, there's hope for the series to continue however, these days, Examu are rather heavily invested in others IPs.

For some reason, I found myself playing this a lot more lately. I'm kinda wondering why Examu never did a home port of this game. Was it considered a flop in their case?

At any rate, I need to get familiar with the combo mechanics because it feels really weird.

How are you playing this again?

How are you playing this again?

The version I'm playing right now is before Additional Gain as it was the version that had a standalone before going to NesicaxLive and playing on my PC though. That's all I'm saying in regards to that out of fear that my account will get strike or something of that sorts.

I was watching Examu Cup and this game was on there and it looked too good for a game that I had never heard of before. Is it not out in consoles at all or something? Cause that's a great injustice if it's the case.

I had seen this topic pop up here and there but I didn't know what it was so I never clicked, serves me right I guess lol.

I was watching Examu Cup and this game was on there and it looked too good for a game that I had never heard of before. Is it not out in consoles at all or something? Cause that's a great injustice if it's the case.

I had seen this topic pop up here and there but I didn't know what it was so I never clicked, serves me right I guess lol.

It's not out on consoles at all, arcade only. I've been waiting since 2009 for this game to hit console, still hasn't happened.

Welp, that's unfortunate. Lets hope they do something with it. Must be hard to have been keeping tabs on it for all this time and still have nothing.

Definitely. When they announced Additional Gain, I was like "finally, console release!", but no. I've given up on it mostly, but I still kind of hope that someday it will happen.

The tag is #BlackHistory , so I wouldn't consider this a confirmation of anything.