Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Daemon Bride

sick tourney from mikado. setups, combos, everything looks like those guys have been playing it since a year or two already.

9月28日 高田馬場ミカド デモンブライド シングル

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8372725

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8372871

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8372988

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8373029

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8373067

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8373114 <- halbfinale 1

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8373164 <- halbfinale 2

http://de.nicovideo.jp/watch/sm8373199 <- finale

acording to Heart Nana Noah vs Dusk is just Awuful for Noah on another note, what is the best place for me to look for framedata bnb's and other stuff for the examus games? :psyduck:

Latest Arcadia tier list (September 15th) and info:

S - superbly balanced characters

Reizei, Kuon, Eve, Dawn

Reizei's projectiles are great, his EX Ma Jin Sen (qcf+AB) goes through projectiles, and his Koku Yoku Jin (dp+A/B) is invulnerable and thus an excellent defensive tool. Also, his dashing C and dp+C moves are good anti-Reflect (push block) measures.

Kuon's crouching B and Heaven Thrust (qcf+A/B) sport good range, and his dashing A pays off well on hit. His crouching C and Aerial Judge (dp+A/B) make for superior anti-air capabilities, as well. Whereas Reizei is a mostly offensive character, Kuon's defense is very solid.

Dawn might be somewhat immobile, but his stamina and power are both top-notch. His B (I assume they refer to his standing B, but it may be his B Buster Tackle) and EX Buster Tackle (charge b, f+AB) have guard point properties and lead to heavy damage on hit. His B'n'B combo knocks down and causes poison status, meaning his okizeme is deadly, too.

Eve has fast, rapid-fire standing/crouching C projectiles, as well as outstanding mobility. Besides her "runaway" playing style, her Suisei Renbu Kyaku (qcb+A/B...) is an effective mix-up weapon. However, she is weak against okizeme.

A - specialized characters

Emelia, Asuma, Pekomaru, Kureha, Rebellion, Nina, Dusk

Emelia is well balanced, much like Kuon and Reizei. She boasts long-range normal moves, powerful invincible moves and three projectile modes (ether/normal shot, spread-shot and napalm/"bullets-hang-in-place" shot). Her main drawback is that her dash attacks are difficult to use against projectiles.

Asuma does tremendous damage, and combos ending in his super also knock down.

Rebellion is similar to Reizei in terms of normal and special moves, but his projectiles are more difficult to use.

Kureha and Dusk have "stalling"-type projectiles which lend them towards a "waiting" style. Kureha's df+A has upper body invulnerability, and her Gekka Enbu (qcb+A/B) is spammable(?). Dusk can defend himself with his stalling standing C and (wall stick) C. His invincible moves and runaway ability allow him to guard the lead.

Nina and Pekomaru are okizeme experts who suffer from a low HP rating. Nina can go into a cross-up/non-cross-up mix-up after her EX Saint Scissor (qcb+A/B), and once she corners her opponent, she can end the match quickly. Pekomaru's flight ability (AC in the air) gives him access to a nearly instant overhead (jump, AC, A), granting him possibly the strongest mix-up game out of all the characters.

B - still struggling characters

Licht, Noah, Souya, Shiffon

Licht has strong set-up potential with his projectiles and one of his Bride special moves, but lacks a fast projectile to take the initiative.

Noah is also dependent on set-ups.

Souya is effective at long range and has powerful combos, but dash attacks (which pass through projectiles) cause him trouble.

Shiffon's projectiles are useful, but her normal moves have slow start-up, leaving her vulnerable at close range.

Notes

Overall, the criteria for high tier placement are good projectiles, strike/throw mix-ups and okizeme potential after combos.

Judge is very similar to Kuon, though his C attacks are generally better (particularly his ground/air f+C - his air game is apparently superior to Kuon's). However, his crouching C is less effective (negatively impacting his defensive play), and as the jump cancel timing of his jumping C is slow, his air combos become more taxing to learn.

I'm maining the guy who attacks, and people are like "WTF?! Attacks?!" and I'm like "What? No..."

Can i quote plzzzzzzzz

Dawn's B tackle has guard point, they aren't referring to his 5B. Don't really agree with Eve belonging in the same category as Kuon/Reizei. Having THAT much trouble against pressure/oki really should set her back a bit more imo. Yui (and maybe Asuma) make more sense for S class than Eve. Having graze attacks that are "difficult to use against projectiles" shouldn't drop Yui to A when she has normal 5[C] and normal 236C to shoot it out with most projectiles (or 8/9D to just ignore certain moves like beams), and 236AB for a near fullscreen, almost instant grazing attack along the ground. Her "worst" general-use bullet/bullet pattern takes up half the screen at lvl3 and is too dense/long lasting for most graze moves or non-beam bullets to penetrate.

How's this for random? There's an arcade in Hawaii with Daemon Bride, lol. The game is pretty fun. BearsWithKnives and myself have been playing the game over the last few days. Sadly, we've only had up to 3 people playing, otherwise it's just myself and Bears playing/practicing stuff. Hopefully more people play the game, but whatever. Character Usage: Myself: Yui, Kureha Bears: Kuon Bears' friend: Kureha Random guy: Asuma and Reizei Yui is awesome, lol.

here comes halcy with the obligatory slowpoke post:

so i just found out bout this game yesterday, but i see no posts since november last year, is the game dead now? =x

Hey guys I recently Google translated examu shop and it seem stheir finally selling Deamon bride and Ex-board kit for 94,500 yen.

Just wanted to confirm if this is true.

I cry because I probably will never play this game.

What he said. No fighting arcades in my country make me sad. And the chance of a console release is way too small right now.

Hey guys I recently Google translated examu shop and it seem stheir finally selling Deamon bride and Ex-board kit for 94,500 yen.

Just wanted to confirm if this is true.

Really only 1k USD sounds almost too good to be true. Im seeing the same thing though.

question, if i buy the DB kit, i will be able to run other games on the board like AH3? or are they build up according to the specifications of the game?

Really only 1k USD sounds almost too good to be true. Im seeing the same thing though.

Well looks I'm going to be dept...if I use credit..if i can use credit. Well lucky I have hardcore fighting game relatives willy to help with payments..

question, if i buy the DB kit, i will be able to run other games on the board like AH3? or are they build up according to the specifications of the game?

From my understanding you can play AH3 on it, however, AH3 by itself is 1.5k, and the AH3 kit is 2k.

So I played Daemon Bride for the first time today...

OMG! Why is Examu so cruel!? :gonk: The game was pretty fun and simple enough to get some of my friends to play (who don't play fighting games), my only real gripe is strikes don't have the same impact as other fighters, but I'm sure that's just because it was something new. I'm sad that I'm moving because I'm sure nowhere there will have an arcade, esspecially one with AH3 AND Daemon Bride, seriously Examu put these two great games on consoles (PS3 & 360 release please :3) and give me netplay. Not only would I drop BB I'd totally FORCE people to at least buy a copy.

i hate you man, when i saw the thread bumped i thought "OMG, examu is annoucing at least a crappy port to ps2"

and is only to see my hopes crushed

lol

I doubt this game will be good.

You are a troll :/

This game is fun and I hope it gets a port too, Examu fighters FTW (also Nina is so hardcore :v:)

seeing that they decided to port AH3 to the ps3 and the 360, maybe they will port it too at least as a psn game

HOLY SHIT DOES THIS LOOK AWESOME!!!!! Cool anime people with swords, sold me! But what is all this stuff about America, then I'm never gonna have a chance to play it?

holy shit i watch one fucking video and i already understand that this game is fucking awesome

eve owns, kureha is awesome too

please please examu make a port like ah3 :(

edit: watched more videos. jesus, i need this game.