Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Hecatom

Daemon Bride

Check your PMs

<.<

>.>

o.o

Can I have it too, kind lady?

i hate you all, i thought that there was some kind of news :/

But there is good news.

Arcade UFO has it back up, so if you live in Austin, you're in luck! :D

hey pozer, are there any chance that you people would record some matches of the game :P

SURPRISE MOTHERFUCKERS!!

http://www.examu.co.jp/daemonbride_ag/

Daemon Bride is back with "Daemon Bride: Additional Gain", is exactly the same game but rebalanced and with two new characters, for NESiCAxLive

im not sure if i would call it the same game if it gets some rebalance plus 2 new chars

the good thing is that they are at least giving DB some love :kitty:

I'm sorry but I STILL believe Examu loves DB more than AH, it's everyone else that does the opposite, but this is good, hopefully someone will be willing to port this one...

Also right now it looks like there is only ONE "new" character, Nightmare, who just appears to be a an alternate version of Nina partnered with Zadkiel. This was done in the last revision of Daemon Bride as well, in which Rebellion (Reizei) and Judgment Day (Kuon) were added. So I wouldn't get TOO hyped for Nightmare (although Nina is my main so my interest is peaked).

Balance changes and the possibility of renewed interest thus a port are nice though!

Well, at least we know that Examu did not forget about this, which gives us even more hopes for the console release.

And the "Additional Gain" title reminds me of the [C] anime...

I'm sorry but I STILL believe Examu loves DB more than AH

i really want to believe that, but giving the fact that examu never put DB on SBO like they did with AH makes me think otherwise :/

the only other reason that i could think of why they never did it, its because they are a small company and only can afford to put one game on sbo at the time, and seeing that they didnt put ah3 this year (wich was their main game) in favor to put ap (even way before the release) solidifies more this thought

hopefully this new release would revive the scene on japan

Hope this rendition turns out better. The first DB was pretty bad, total zone fest with one character who was much more OP then the rest of the cast.

-Tha Hindu

Just to clarify, which character is that? Souya? The cast of the replays I've seen is pretty diverse, maybe with some lack of Licht, Asuma and Kureha. Basically, every character seems to be able to perform some awesome stuff, it's just that some of them do it better.

oh boy news

let's see

do i still want this game

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rUCsKLU8RY0 yyyuup still do

Hope this rendition turns out better. The first DB was pretty bad, total zone fest with one character who was much more OP then the rest of the cast.

-Tha Hindu

I've watched as much footage as I could find and i never really got this impression...eve and maybe dusk seemed stronger than the rest but not overwhelmingly so, and there was lots of rushdown, good pressure, etc. but I didnt actually play this game and nothing ensures that what i watched was decently high level footage.

Wow I had been miffed at the lack of info despite it being at AMS but now after combing over a blog post I found there was a SMALL report about it (and didn't learn too much...cause apparently the game was on display only and not playable...) I'm wondering when Examu plans to upgrade the "teaser site".

Anyways as we all know Additional Gain adds at least 1 new character, previously I thought her name was Nightmare, but such is not the case. However like Rebellion and Judgment before her she is an alternate version of a pre-existing character, in this case Nina Sumeragi. She has a catchphrase that goes something like "Welcome to the sanctuary, devil sold virgin" which is meant to be contradictory, her "Bride's" phrase goes something along the line of "Being of service to my lady is my raison d'etre (purpose for living)":

Pure__________

pure.jpg

Fallen Zadkiel__________

024-1.jpg

Well if you are familiar with Daemon Bride she isn't a new character, she is a remix of a pre-existing character (Nina Sumeragi) just like how Rebellion (Reizei) and Judgment (Kuon) are remixes. Basically the game is a battle between humans and their contracted Angel/Devil, the remixed characters are essentially "what if" scenarios that see a character on the opposite spectrum. Nina is actually my main, so unless Pure is better I doubt I'll be playing her.

A loli with a giant scissor... ok

Like SoBa-rin said, she is not really new... Furthermore, lolis with giant scissors are not new, either. Heard of Rozen Maiden?

What's up with those japaneses and all they loli, maid, and schoolgirl stuff? ;/ Every japanese game theres like 2 or 3 characters weird as HELL... (and still i like to play them LOL).

What's up with those japaneses and all they loli, maid, and schoolgirl stuff? ;/ Every japanese game theres like 2 or 3 characters weird as HELL... (and still i like to play them LOL).

Street Fighter is Japanese, you know.

I hate you so much...

Also it's not really "new" and it didn't show off anything note worthy :<

I find it funny they're adding both the original AH2 and Sugoi but that's the cool thing about Nesica, 1 cab, dozens of games.

I hate you so much...

:(

Also it's not really "new" and it didn't show off anything note worthy :<

i know, for what all we know, they probably used footage of the original DB for the trailer :/

(i forgot the "" when typing new)

I find it funny they're adding both the original AH2 and Sugoi

i can understand AH2, some people seem to like it more over AH3, but suggoi?, the game always felt incomplete in some way, plus it was slow as hell, but hey, as long as there are options

btw, imo ASW should release GGXX from GGXX to GGAC just because

but that's the cool thing about Nesica, 1 cab, dozens of games.

if i understand well, BBCSEX is part of the nesica live library right

also it would be pretty cool if asw finally updated the arcade version of BF to the console versions, maybe that way we could see a renaissance for the game, something that imo it really deserves