Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Bullet

I go against a good Bullet all the time so I like to chime in with my experiences although this may change once Extend is out

Pros: Zoning

teleports/spacing

mobile (especially in gain art)

Cons: Izayoi cant deal with pressure

teleports

bullets heat is izayoi's bane

Details: Izayoi is very strong against bullet if bullet has no heat, bullet is easily out zoned and you can dance around her with tele's and gain art dashes. you can also poke bullet with 5b for an easy combo in gain art. Once bullet has heat its a whole different match up bullets drive is much more wider and faster she can dash further and faster and some of her normals and her drive on block strings give you plus frames. Izayoi cannot deal with the pressure once bullet is in heat 2 specifically so you main priority is to stay away from the corner once you're in corner its very hard to get out. another thing to watch out for is while in gain art mode it is easier for bullet to deal with Izayoi's approach game you cant simply dash at bullet she will anti air every single time or use drive. a smart bullet with use her cutting shear defensively to go offensive so bait it for a hard punish. while bullet has heat DO NOT TELEPORT you will lose 95% of the time, bullet can counter your tele with her drive and it leads to heavy damage every time. Bullet can also safe jump aegis blade while in heat. justice phorizor is you best friend it is your only true reversal on bullet so if you need to street fighter your distortion and whip it out while on defense do it. I suspect aegis blade will piss a lot of bullets off in extend however. bullet is very dangerous to izayoi once she has heat 2 so be careful how you approach and how you let bullet approach you.

Ratio: 5:5 this is a skill match up it goes either way at normal mode or if both have full resource,  as no stock iza vs a bullet with heat 2 its 4:6 bullet favor and 6:4 izayoi's favor if you have full stocks and bullet has not heat.

Also, do not test her pressure.  She can frame trap you with 5C and it will HURT like a sonofabitch, especially if she has heat up or meter, so try not to mash 2a.  Another thing to watch out for is 2B.  That move is tha gawd and will beat out your 5B in neutral (I sub Bullet) and will gatling into 5B/5C and heat up level 2 if she has meter.  Until you get into GA mode, try and keep her at 236B range.  Her close range normals outclass ours.   

At long range she WILL be looking for Afterburner, which is a gamble because of how screwy the projectile invul is on it, and some will give no fucks anyway about Sonic Saber and go for it anyway (yeah puzzles me too but it happens).  Cutting Shear is a joke, you can safejump it and bait all day long.  It's basically an arms race, she wants Heat Up and we want stocks.  Our long range is better but her pressure is nuts.  Beat her in neutral, get those stocks and stay out of the damn corner or die.