Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Velvien

[CP] Izayoi vs Terumi

Pros

-easy to keep pressure on him he needs meter to get out really.

-Terumi has to use j2D to overhead you in a pressure situation so keep an eye on jump cancelable normals

-no full screen presence so its possible to zone him

-possible to bait wake up distortions

cons

-builds a crap load of meter

-6A is a ridiculous anti air so careful with your air neutral game and approaches

-he runs pretty freaking fast so if you air sonic sabre from a super jump height he can run under it from full screen...

-he pressures pretty hard

-easy to get cornered carried

Ok this match I think is gonna be pretty common cause people like characters that ca go ham, and Terumi does that really well. So things to be careful with, it's a little hard to play neutral with him cause he runs to freaking fast, but its still possible to play a fireball anti air game against him, just have to be a lot mindful about when to throw sonic sabres. The easiest spot to play neutral against him is full screen, mid screen its a little tricky but possible, its a little risky cause he has strong jump in options if your still in early frames of recovery. Air Sonic sabre is kinda risky from super jump height, I suggest playing a grounded game against him if possible cause 5B into 236C is a good string in this match. Its not gonna be easy to approach him in GA mode cause 6A is just god like as an anti air, so try to set up for it. If he does 6C (that 3 hit rushing attack) instant block the last hit, its possible to punish it. A few moves to be wary of is 5C cause the first hit is jump cancelable, 2C is also jump cancelable, these are usually the normals people will use to use j2D as an overhead. Overall I'd say it could be even but I feel like Terumi has a much stronger pressure game then Izayoi.

Common habits

-So far I've seen a lot of people open the match with 5D, but using 5B beats it pretty clean.

-if you see j2D chances are people are going to try and do double overheads, so just react to it if you see another j2D

-some people will try to use 2D as a block string but you can jump out of it if you see it as a block string, a good Terumi player will use it as an oki tool usually.

Terumi can counter j.C mixup if you are too predictable about it and take that into 7k. Don't let him get his counter ever. Use lows liberally and if you are going to try to max range him, space it well because his 5d is only 3f slower, safer, and he can take it into huge damage like with everything else.

Also don't try to teleport randomly, if he is on the ball he can OD on reaction to the teleport and punish from pretty much anywhere if he is on the ground. That applies to backwards teleport too if you are in range of Messenga, which also leads into 6k because of course it does.

:Terumi:

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk