Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

TD

[CP] Relius Clover vs Litchi Faye Ling

Discuss the Litchi matchup here.

The Neutral Game

Long Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Medium Range: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Close Quarters: Your Tools vs Her Tools

In The Air: Your Tools vs Her Tools

Offense

Your Offense:

Her Offense:

Defense

Your Defense:

Her Defense:

Gimmicks and Resets

Match Summary

I am having an especially bad time here. Any idea of how to fight her? Are there any openings in her usual pressure that we can take advantage of? Someone tell me how they deal with this match-up cuz I'm feelin' like I'm being backed into a corner even before the match starts.

Its a tough match, dont doubt the S-tier-ness of Litchi lol. Seems like most of it is a callout game when dealing with her pressure for staff placements. Also, if the litchi likes using 6D>CT in a block string, you can use Ley to avoid the CT if its uncharged, which leads to guessing games if they use their CT often. They can charge it to beat Ley, but then you can jump out/possibly jab out of pressure. Also, a lot of her air to ground options (disregarding the staff) can be easily 2C FC'd from my experience. The air staff launch obviously wins almost every time, but that's its main use is to punish AA attempts. Anyway, her staff launch is faster than most ignis moves and 22C, so you kinda have to respect her neutral in this matchup.

Dang, I have to respect her neutral... Then where do I get out of her inevitable and excruciatingly long blockstrings? or does Relius only get a word in if he's lucky enough to get the first hit despite her neutral?

Oh I did manage to find one thing that helps in this MU; that broken OD attack and defend gimmick is completely defeated by our 236A+6D gimmick, so if you can see it coming (they just popped OD in neutral so you know when it's coming) you can get her blocking like a good little girl.

Vs her pressure is looking for staff placements anf what kinds. Its a few frames faster than her overhead, but it can't be cancelled, plus if you hit her during staff placements, she gave up her most reliable DP. She might burst if she has it, so prepare baiting tactics. Looked up the frame data, her placements have 27 (standing) and 23 (crouching) frames, and they have no blockstun obviously, so almost any action after this can be considered somewhat unsafe for her.

So, I didn't think I had an issue with this MU today until I found out running like a complete bitch is a legit tactic with her. She doesn't need or deserve air movement. Her superjump height is just waaaaay to high and her moves recover quick enough that she can cover her way up, call staff, and make an approach for entirely free. Why did the patch just hit combo paths rather than fix a bullsbit neutral game like this? You be patient, you get pressured. You approach... lawl, that doesn't happen in this MU against a good Litchi. Is there anything you can do if you even block or make wiff her j.D? Seems like if she uses this at superjump height, you lose any chance of catching her and the game turns awful.

Relius vs Litchi isn't that bad, he has the tools to deal with the matchup imo. Relatively safe Pressure / Mixup, ability to eat/absorb staff projectile, and he's not restricted to an effective range (he can always get something productive done at neutral, no matter what range he's at). 

With Litchi's jD, you usually won't be able to do anything advantageous if you block it.. But tbh, unless you get CH / or get air hit, Litchi doesn't really have any real advantage over you either. Just block it and continue playing neutral. This move shouldn't be a deciding factor of this matchup (in terms of losing). At the attack-range that you are referring to, Litchi's jD is pretty much just a tool for checking how committed your opponent is / and opening up some of her other options staffless from the air.

Also remember that running away doesn't kill, it's simply gearing the match toward time-management and full-screen neutral. I think if you take your time and keep to good decision making, you'll find the matchup isn't that bad for Relius.

Yeah she retains options, but that doesn't mean she has any advatage over you. As soon as she uses jD, she moves backward away from her opponent (so she's not in a really good position to just start attacking you).. While the gameplan between the two characters may change (due to Litchi now letting go of her staff), you're still very much at neutral.