Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Tager: From 99 to Zero

I feel new j.C is a lopsided addition to the Tager matchup in that a small buff results in big changes. Since this matchup already revolves around you spacing him out, new j.C not only does more damage, but it blows him all the way into the corner in one shot. It's a big buff to Haku's spacing game here since he has to be doubly careful of a move you can just throw out casually.

In my limited time vs. the local Tagers, this seems to me to be the biggest change. Everything else is more or less the same in principle: avoid getting too close, and play lame.

Imo, where I felt it was Tager's favour in EX, it's now Haku's by .5 just because of j.C. It's that good in this matchup.

Tager's new tools include upward Spark Bolt, Air Command Grab, and an improved combo rate. The match up is still mostly the same, but it's even more important now to play it as safe as you can.

I feel new j.C is a lopsided addition to the Tager matchup in that a small buff results in big changes. Since this matchup already revolves around you spacing him out, new j.C not only does more damage, but it blows him all the way into the corner in one shot. It's a big buff to Haku's spacing game here since he has to be doubly careful of a move you can just throw out casually.

In my limited time vs. the local Tagers, this seems to me to be the biggest change. Everything else is more or less the same in principle: avoid getting too close, and play lame.

Imo, where I felt it was Tager's favour in EX, it's now Haku's by .5 just because of j.C. It's that good in this matchup.

Strange, from the changes I saw and the match videos I had the feeling that Tager would be coming out better between the two. Haku's counters don't have as much range so he can use things like 5C and j.B and be safe, and he always was strong up close but now he's just that much better.

I should say that's only my initial impression so far. I haven't explored the Tager matchup in depth yet.

I do feel that way because of the way the matchup is played, though. You're supposed to be poking him at a safe range, which is why j.C is so good now. Tager's buffs (and our nerfed counters) are definite plusses for him, but he still needs to be close to use them (where you got wrecked anyway previously).

So the close game got slightly scarier, but this is offset by your poking game being superior. That's my view so far.

So, Tager.

Just played Ctrl's Tager, and this match is like night and day when you're magnetized. If you are magnetized being on ground is unsafe because of 360 and being in the air is unsafe because of 360.

Like he'll do an empty jump in on me, which looks like he is about to do a 360. So I jump. But he just sucks me in anyway with an air 360. It basically adds another level to the throw mixup and lets him suck you in from full screen too.

Magnetism has a more drastic impact compared to previous games.

What are some safe ways to pressure Tager?

Having a bad habit of getting reversal'd by 360's. That and magnetism has almost made it that I don't even want to try anything on him when he tech's.

Letting Tager get back to neutral doesn't seem like a great idea because his normals are a lot better than Haku's at close range.

There are no safe ways to pressure Tager.

You zone the fat man before he sits on you.