Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Jin: The World's Choice

Thing is if I try to be patient but wait too long, then he'll just get in on me and it's NOT hard for Jin to get in on Hakumen. Also, fuck his ice resets.

Well if you think trying to get in is your best bet, then go for it. Just be aware of the shit that blow up your approach: 2C, Fubuki, etc etc.

I usually try to bait out DPs in this match up since Jin's are incredibly punishable. Empty jumps/double jumps with barrier, hop forward during their wake ups and bait out a DP, etc. It works pretty well against most, especially if you can take the life lead early with a few pokes. Hardest Jin fight I've ever had was some pink who mind f***** me by playing entirely defensive and never jumping. Threw me off so badly I couldn't help but laugh.

I start to play it even safer when I see he has 25 heat or more (which happens pretty quickly).

Shut down his jump cancel pressure with some good 6A's and 5D's. It generally calms him down a lot if you punish him a couple of times for it and make him think twice.

Ice cars can be punished with 3C on block (if he does the 2nd part with the sword, for sure, can't remember if the first part also has enough recovery time as well), sadly it's not a CH, but hey, free 1k.

Obvious crap like punish his 6D on reaction by beating its start up, because it's pretty much safe on block if you don't.

I'll have to get online and do this one again a few times so I can remember some more stuff from it.

Ok, nothing particularly useful to add here, but you'll be happy to know that Jin's j.D is considered a projectile and beats our Astral.

Good stuff.