Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bucklemyshoe

I-No - Sakuran (Combo Vid by Me! :)

Eh, I-No's air combos all look the same to me. I like your slashback tricks--slashbacks are spiffy. Your tech throws could have been a little tighter, though.

yeah the tech throws looked like you were really trying to force the idea, but there didn't seem to be any real reason for showing off the tech throw set-ups. why did you SB Testament's 6P and then keep blocking? seemed like there wasn't much reason for it except "flash", but showing SBs by themselves are kinda boring. ...although SBing Gamma Ray looked pretty funny :) why punish a whiffed Potemkin Buster with a STBT FRC throw? aren't there better set-ups? (the whiff animation is 40F) some of your throw FRC -> note set-ups didn't seem very tight. It looked like May and Testament could've 1F jumped out of it -- true/false? (that's just how it looked to me.) but even besides that point, how come you turned off blocking for the CPU? at 1:42, i didn't see why you showed that SB -> super set-up against Faust. i couldn't even see what Faust did, and you didn't follow up with an air combo. imho it could've been fleshed out a little more. not sure if this matters to you, but i try to avoid showing air combos on opponents that are dizzied, unless it's a necessary condition for the combo. reason is cuz the gravity coefficient is "heavier" for dizzied opponents, so it's not quite "faithful" to the actual combo that you want to show. (i.e. opponent's height is lower than if they're not dizzied, so you can potentially do some things that wouldn't work on an undizzied opponent.) did you record that combo against a dizzied Axl on purpose? what was with the combo at 2:18? why show a non-combo STBT, and then dash -> OTG air super? are you sure the punish against Jam's super works? just looking at the frame data, Jam's at 7 frames of disadvantage after you block her super, but I-No's 6P goes active on the 9th frame. (or did you IB and i couldn't see it cuz you use white I-No? :P ) anyways don't take it too hard, it's your first one, just keep it up!

yeah I guess if I knew a bit more about Ino I would know better, but most either look the same as standard Ino combos, except the ones that are kinda sillier but worse (like using forcebreak, ending without knockdown). I agree tech throws seem a bit obvious most of the time. Also the first clip against ABA she ordinarily doesn't get hit with full screen notes, but meh. I respect the video because Inos low tier and HCL frc combos are hard to begin with EDIT: I had no idea opponents became heavier when dizzied, that's pretty strange :eng101:

yeah the tech throws looked like you were really trying to force the idea, but there didn't seem to be any real reason for showing off the tech throw set-ups.

why did you SB Testament's 6P and then keep blocking? seemed like there wasn't much reason for it except "flash", but showing SBs by themselves are kinda boring.

...although SBing Gamma Ray looked pretty funny :)

why punish a whiffed Potemkin Buster with a STBT FRC throw? aren't there better set-ups? (the whiff animation is 40F)

some of your throw FRC -> note set-ups didn't seem very tight. It looked like May and Testament could've 1F jumped out of it -- true/false? (that's just how it looked to me.)

but even besides that point, how come you turned off blocking for the CPU?

at 1:42, i didn't see why you showed that SB -> super set-up against Faust. i couldn't even see what Faust did, and you didn't follow up with an air combo. imho it could've been fleshed out a little more.

not sure if this matters to you, but i try to avoid showing air combos on opponents that are dizzied, unless it's a necessary condition for the combo. reason is cuz the gravity coefficient is "heavier" for dizzied opponents, so it's not quite "faithful" to the actual combo that you want to show. (i.e. opponent's height is lower than if they're not dizzied, so you can potentially do some things that wouldn't work on an undizzied opponent.)

did you record that combo against a dizzied Axl on purpose?

what was with the combo at 2:18? why show a non-combo STBT, and then dash -> OTG air super?

are you sure the punish against Jam's super works? just looking at the frame data, Jam's at 7 frames of disadvantage after you block her super, but I-No's 6P goes active on the 9th frame. (or did you IB and i couldn't see it cuz you use white I-No? :P )

anyways don't take it too hard, it's your first one, just keep it up!

If I didn't SB the 6P then the pushback made it so the playback wouldn't gattling into the key overdrive. Honestly I'm not a Testement player and really don't have a clue how to use him. I just took a few tries and figured out the FRC and then dashed into a whatever gattling. Testement could have easily avoided the note. That really wasn't meant to come across as a setup I just thought it needed something more than SB>CL and nothing at that distance really works.

I liked the way the STBT looked on the wiffed PB. Unless you're playing a noobie or someone with very bad reflexes you'd get PB'd in that situation anyway and spending 100% tension on a throw combo isn't very realistic either.

1F jumping may be possible on the may/aba setup but I use that same setup constantly. The note always seems to hit right on the opponents wake up. (it's usually blocked but that's kind of the purpose because it lets you 66 in for a mixup)

1:42 was Faust's air forcebreak SB > UF. You can't combo from a UF that high in the air. Or atleast I sure as hell don't know how.

2:18 was put in because I thought it looked cool

Try the Jam punish out. I don't know all the frame data but guarding was on during that part and she never blocked it. Actually now that I look at the vid I notice that the playback is still active after her super finishes so it probably doesn't work. :(

EDIT: 2K 6P probably does though

Thanks for the feedback. Guess it needed a little bit more fine tuning.

EDIT: Axl being dizzy just happened, wasn't on purpose.

no problem, glad to help, but sorry it may have come too late :( Wekk: it's not drastic, but you can notice it in certain air combos/set-ups.

The recovery setups didn't look smooth, they're kinda forced too much. Combos look good, but some of them are a little bit repetitive. And yeah, SB's without any combo purposes are pretty boring.

the tech throw and sb were kinda boring.. you should show us practical use of SB'ing and tech throws in a match. i rarely give a 4 or 5 rating but i'll give this video 4/5.. i love the music!!. and your combos of course :sweatdrop: ... just work on the SB and tech throws ok? don't listen to this bastards just do the combos you usually pull off on your matches..

Buckle My Shoe- You've put lots of work into this. Great job bro. Music was "nice". It set the mood for a "Nice" CV. Editing was enough without going over board. Good job with that, =) Combo's where great. It's good to see some support from the American I-no Scene, Chaz and Nintey9 have been all I've seen lately. Keep it up, Kyle

Bucklemyshoe, I feel this video is not finished. There are numerous clips which seem too hastily put together. You should really refine it, and re-release it. If you need help with the combos, let me know. But, at this point, I can't give you much praise for it.

Bucklemyshoe, I feel this video is not finished.

There are numerous clips which seem too hastily put together. You should really refine it, and re-release it. If you need help with the combos, let me know. But, at this point, I can't give you much praise for it.

I agree. I think I just got excited because I was finally able to record and this was something I wanted to do for a minute, so I rushed it out. Alot of the combos were alot simpler than I wanted them to be. The up button on my d-pad is broken so it made simple things like jump cancelling alot harder to do. (I usually do the movement on the d-pad so being forced to use analog for JCing sucked!)

I'm planning on redoing all the things people said they didn't like and putting together a more thought out "fine tuned" version. I should have just put this in my WIP thread instead.

So if anyone is reading this, PLELASE continue with the feedback, especially the "DO NOT LIKES".

So if anyone is reading this, PLELASE continue with the feedback, especially the "DO NOT LIKES".

Well, I wasn't going to say anything, but if you really want critique, I guess I'd say oust most of the throw setups you do, as well as the majority of the oki note stuff. I dunno about how useful that is for I-No players, but it just comes off as sloppy, since it doesn't combo, it's not really mixup, and it doesn't set you up for anything unusual or cool. It's especially noticable in the combo at 1:55 or so on Testament, where it doesn't even combo after the note. Also, I'd think SBing would only be good in a CMV if you could make an unusual situation work because of it. Weird things also include the two counterhit STBTs vs. Eddie (I forget where it is).

Which brings me to my other point: There's not really anything interesting or unusual about most of the combos here. I mean, I understand that a lot of BnB stuff ends up looking about the same, but the point is to jazz it up a bit, maybe do weird, if slightly less practical, things that you wouldn't do in a match, or showcase some odd things that happen in completely hypothetical situations. For example, at 1:07, is there any way to make that cross up so you land behind Dizzy and she slides towards you? I know that at least Chipp and Axl can do that on counterhit, and it seems like the kind of move that could set that up with a dash or something.

Another SMALL complaint would be that a lot of the blockstring-->Combo stuff seems pointless. If you're going to build the guardbar up to flashing, you should probably be able to get at least 75% off the combo if you're in training mode.

Bucklemyshoe: I don't want you to think I'm dissing you. I want all combo videos to be the best. One of the reasons I never do combo videos is that while some of my ideas are cool, but they aren't the best they can be. One thing that would really improve your videos would be to consult top players and ask / show them footage. LOTS of us can help you, and you could make a really good video. One thing so, the video's music.. it isn't very suiting without some sexy editing. Let me know what I can do to help. :o

BMS: The SB parts would be better if you SB attacks that are commom in actual gameplay. Like let's say Sol jumps in with a j.P and I-no jumps up SB a hit, air throw and combo after it. The SB portions you did were too unlikey to actually happen. It's a good vid. Didn't blow me away. It's not you, it's a trademark curse of I-no combo videos. Because of how I-no is, her combos don't allow for much variety.

But, at this point, I can't give you much praise for it.

how rude koogy-san.. at least show some consideration to his effort. he even edited the music :D..

@bucklemyshoe-san

to me a good combo video should be entertaining and "flashy"(literally, vcl,hcl,overdrives,fb dive).. i noticed that most of the combos were repetitive dive loops(imagine ky do 10 VT loops) you have to be i-nnovative with your combo's or its gonna be boring to watch.. id like to see some cool fuzzy guard setups or other stuff next time..

ED: and please synchronize your video with the music :D

Youtube may have shitty sound quality, but it wouldn't cause anything like that. I think it's probably the source video.

he probably remixed it..

how rude koogy-san.. at least show some consideration to his effort. he even edited the music :D..

@bucklemyshoe-san

to me a good combo video should be entertaining and "flashy"(literally, vcl,hcl,overdrives,fb dive).. i noticed that most of the combos were repetitive dive loops(imagine ky do 10 VT loops) you have to be i-nnovative with your combo's or its gonna be boring to watch.. id like to see some cool fuzzy guard setups or other stuff next time..

ED: and please synchronize your video with the music :D

Do you like any of these combos better that weren't in this version? If so, which ones?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1UARfn7fUU0

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=G2K3PDEV

why the heck didn't you include these? combos up to 0:30, dust combo on RK, 0:48 - 1:37 except for venom combo on 1:17.. my favorite would be 1:18 it really looks cool 1:47-2:00 request: vcl/hcl FRC> ultimate fortisimo ED: vcl frc> s dive> combo vcl frc> h dive RC/FRC> combo (i tried to RC this but didnt FRC, maybe you can do it if youre far enough)

Not too bad over all. 1 Thing I don't like is the "one-side" syndrome. Almost EVERY combo was done in the right corner and I found myself staring at just 1 part of the screen for 95% of the whole vid. Mix it up. Do midscreen combos and use the other corner too just to keep it fresh. >.>

Take everything I say with a grain of salt, I've only been playing I-no for about a week. I'd like to see: 'Trickier' stuff* More P-Dive/D-Dive antics (CL, frc, D-Dive, etc) Start some combos from frc'd CLs** A combo or two that leave you in the position to catch a tech, not just stuff like air combo into VCL, land, c.S, delay (tech), airthrow. Meaning, you're in position to throw and recover right as their window for teching opens.*** *Things like: (air combo) VCL, FRC, P Dive>Combo... (air combo) P-Dive, HCL, frc into combo... A few CL combos that aren't just FRC>airdash... consecutive HCLs in an air combo. **I.E: VCL, frc, 2k, c.S>Air combo ***Stuff like (tested on PO) [close] HCL, frc, c.S, 5HS, forward jump, j.HS, P Dive, air dash, j.S, j.HS, HCL , FRC, H Dive... land>air throw as he techs