Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky: Talky-Talky Goes Here!

I hardly even play Guilty Gear and I think this is smashing stuff, having a combo per a video is a great idea. It'll help you focus on one thing at a time rather than having a bunch of combos mixed together and getting yourself caught up in them all. It's a great video structure :)

Thank me later for those who care. I got top old-school Robo player "Nagao" to start posting a Robo Ky tutorial series. I've taken the time to make a playlist (this was originally going to only be for my selfish needs lol) of the vids he has posted so far. Hope this helps newer and older Robo's out there improve. Nagao was surprised that people even play GG in America, let alone that North America had any Robo's. Needless to say, he is thoroughly excited to provide this content. So please, if you like these vids and enjoy them please subscribe to his channel. That is all and enjoy. Disclaimer: Most of these things are techniques already covered in Dr. Stormlocke's Guide but there are a few things that I never new and that are not covered in the guide....

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2ykTpbR8qUQvJmEorIJUfSy6ZR8v1p7

Actually just started learning Robo & GG in general, so this is ridiculously helpful for me!

Actually just started learning Robo & GG in general, so this is ridiculously helpful for me!

Well guys if it's really that helpful be sure to subscribe to Nagao's channel, not mine. He is not a Guilty Gear celebrity in Japan like Dogura and other robo ky's but he did go out of his way to give us the techniques that make those Robo's good on a platter.....for free.

Well guys if it's really that helpful be sure to subscribe to Nagao's channel, not mine. He is not a Guilty Gear celebrity in Japan like Dogura and other robo ky's but he did go out of his way to give us the techniques that make those Robo's good on a platter.....for free.

subscribed to his channel thanks

Much appreciated SolidPlay; I feel like I needed to start from scratch with my Robot and this will definitely help.

Edited by HARD_BREAD

Much appreciated SolidPlay; I feel like I needed to start from scratch with my Robot and this will definitely help.

Yo Hard Bread. We should play sometime online. We are both east coast and I have good internet. It shouldn't be too terrible....hopefully. XBL is Solidplay024 feel free to friend me and anyone else for that matter. I don't mind playing extremely long sets either. Ill answer questions as well if you want me too. :) I'm so glad this game is somewhat reviving.

Thank me later for those who care. I got top old-school Robo player "Nagao" to start posting a Robo Ky tutorial series.

http://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLz2ykTpbR8qUQvJmEorIJUfSy6ZR8v1p7

Fantastic! Thank you so much for this.

I was working on a video tutorial series similar to this a few years ago, set to the Inglorious Basterds OST, haha. Unfortunately the computer pulled a GGSlash Robot and overheated. Once +R comes out, I'd love to start work on a new iteration. Maybe we can even all work on some crazy community version down the line.

There are a lot of cool things in Nagao's vids. I was fond of the kara-2k to build heat, Level 3 SRK intentional clash vs Axl on wakeup, Level 3 Bazooka IAD quasi-crossup and much more.

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

Fantastic! Thank you so much for this.

I was working on a video tutorial series similar to this a few years ago, set to the Inglorious Basterds OST, haha. Unfortunately the computer pulled a GGSlash Robot and overheated. Once +R comes out, I'd love to start work on a new iteration. Maybe we can even all work on some crazy community version down the line.

There are a lot of cool things in Nagao's vids. I was fond of the kara-2k to build heat, Level 3 SRK intentional clash vs Axl on wakeup, Level 3 Bazooka IAD quasi-crossup and much more.

Yeh I was particularly impressed when he threw his burst to be able to kara cancel Robo's J.HS into J.D. A lot of really interesting tech here. Its crazy and I am willing to bet that all of this stuff is common knowledge at high level play in Japan. It kinda blows my mind.

i went to training mode to do the cancels on startup

i feel like i can make the 2k fdc work out somehow, but i'm not particularly sure how the j.hs fdc and the j.hs->j.d cancel can be made useful

i went to training mode to do the cancels on startup

i feel like i can make the 2k fdc work out somehow, but i'm not particularly sure how the j.hs fdc and the j.hs->j.d cancel can be made useful

The J.hs>j.d kara cancel seems like a useful gimmick to build heat after you've used your burst. You might able to put yourself into 80% heat while doing a j.d>JC>j.d combo. Just something different. Kinda gimmicky

Yo Hard Bread. We should play sometime online. We are both east coast and I have good internet. It shouldn't be too terrible....hopefully. XBL is Solidplay024 feel free to friend me and anyone else for that matter. I don't mind playing extremely long sets either. Ill answer questions as well if you want me too. :) I'm so glad this game is somewhat reviving.

Thanks, but I unfortunately do not own a 360. I have friends who do own 360, however, so I'll ask them to add you when sessions are small and we can get a set going.

Any tips for 2369s/TKing Air missiles?

The timing feels extremely strict.

Try waiting longer than you think you should before hitting Slash. I double tap it, and occasionally do a 236987 motion.

trying other things it seems you can also cancel the startup frames of j.hs into j.236s if you wanna build up heat really fast

i'm guessing that you can do this with j.hs into fb, but it doesn't seem as easy to tell if i actually did it or not since the heat gain/dissipation pretty much cancels each other out

Any tips for 2369s/TKing Air missiles?

The timing feels extremely strict.

also aside from practicing straight up TK missile also practice jump then low 236s as well

both have their uses

tk missiles for me = 23698 motion

gotta delay it just so, the going to 8 helps me with taht

tk missiles for me = 23698 motion

gotta delay it just so, the going to 8 helps me with taht

Remember guys their are two ways to TK missiles. One is doing it the fast way 2368s. This Super Jump Installs the TK missile Robo will pop up after you shoot the first missile volley. If someone runs under missiles this "pop up" counts as recovery somewhat and you can easily be airthrown. also you lose your double jump option after the missile volley.

Now if you do [2]368s you get what I like to call a "Perfect Tiger Knee" you don't SJ install and you retain you jump options. you don't pop up and are harder to airthrow if the opponent manages to run under missiles. Also you are lower to the ground when the missiles come out, so they are harder to run under.

Here is a good vid that shows the difference. There are sometime where Dogura does "Perfect Tk's" and sometimes that he does not. look at the differences closely.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7QQgMEz9Fwg

Also here are vids of my Robo if anyone cares. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLoxi-5zzSs&list=UUMQ4CutbnR9QwOakQI_FskQ&index=1&feature=plcp This channel is full of GG vids from our scene

Edited by SolidPlay

Hey guys, so i just got the ps3 version of AC and first thing i notice is 2s doesnt chain into 2d anymore. anyone know whats up with this? is this a ac+ thing in general or a bug or what?

Hey guys, so i just got the ps3 version of AC and first thing i notice is 2s doesnt chain into 2d anymore. anyone know whats up with this? is this a ac+ thing in general or a bug or what?

:psyduck: 2S>2D gatling still works.

Yo I got a stick to give away, if you play on stick man.....

For reason I can't jump install..

I'm trying to jump install in the following :

CH j.S dash 5p 5s i input 9 and SJ right away - this didn't work for me

I was also trying this (I remember that's how i used to JI with anji and HOS): CH j.S dash 5p 9 5s sj motion

In the combo once i SJ i can't do the double jump despite inputting the extra jump cancel.

What am I doing wrong?

For reason I can't jump install..

What am I doing wrong?

Think of it as hitting 5©s and ^ simultaneously. Then proceed as normal. That's the most helpful advice I can give you. Robo has some use for jump installs, (high wall bounce situations after SRK super for starters) but it's not the end of the world if you don't have it down pat. Good luck.

Sign in to follow this