Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky: Talky-Talky Goes Here!

This thread is going to become the 'watercooler' thread for Robot. Any questions, comments etc are to be posted right here! Use the links below to find what you're looking for:

IN-DEPTH GUIDE AND TRANSLATED ROBO-KY DATA:

Accent Core Robo Guide: http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3130

AC Robot Data: http://dustloop.com/guides/ggac/data/ac/roboky.html

(Thanks to POScrub, Biologin, Robo-Teyah, Hate and possibly others!)

MATCHUP SUB-FORUM:

http://dustloop.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=47

ROBO VIDEOS:

http://dustloop.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3375

MOOK PICS/SCANS:

http://s42.photobucket.com/albums/e330/DrStormlocke/Robo-Ky%20Accent%20Core%20Mook%20Pics/

Enjoy your stay!

Edited by Dr. Stormlocke

Did some translating and checking:- 5S(far) is has 1 frame lesser start up in AC.(Slash 11, AC 10) 6HS Lvl 1 - startup is 2 frames faster in AC (Slash 15, AC 13) 6HS Lvl 2/3 - startup is 3 frames faster in AC (Slash 19/22, AC 16/19) jD - hits only 10 times now in AC (Slash 12 times, AC 10 times) Mat - strangely the start up frames are same in AC and the mat doesn't stay as long. 5 frames shorter (Slash 111, AC 106) 6P - damage is reduced to 25 has 90% prorate.(Slash 55, AC 25) 63214K - Force prorating 60%, opponent loses a maximum of 16.2% of their tension. can absorb 7-35% of tension, 37 frame recovery when whiffed with Frame 1-7 in counterhit state. Damage = 8xN (N is number of hits) So far some strange things I notice. 5S(close) and Mat are supposed start to be faster but the frame data shows them to be the same. 6HS lvl 2 actually has lesser + frames in AC but faster start up, stays out 1 frame lesser and 4 frames more recovery. I wonder what's the reason behind the change for steam.

FRC for Robo ky. Easiest to hardest to do. 5HS Throw 66+Any attack button 6+HS 2HS 623HS Advise for timing. 5HS - Immdiately. Recommend to hit K,S and HS so you don't accidental go into IK mode but better way is still P,K,S after HS. The latter takes some practise. Throw - the moment the hit occurs. Usually how I do it is wait you just before the opponent is flat down on the ground by the hit 66+any attack button - For this one you need to delay slightly. What I normally do is hit FRC after I right after I hear RK's voice. 6HS - This one varies from Lvl. Not gonna to teach you for Level 1. for level 2 it is slightly later than slash. You need to wait for the steam to come out abit before FRCing. This one is tough the reason I rank it harder to do. Basically you need to muscle memory this. For level 3 the FRC animation is about the same with slash. It is at the moment the steam comes out. Abit faster then in slash because steam is now faster. 2HS - I haven't quite figure this one out. Somebody fill this in. I probably muscle memory this if possible 623HS - Possibly the hardest FRC for RK. Mainly because it varies for lvls. Also even though there's a FRC point for lvl 1 but you won't be able to FRC as you have no meter. (No idea why Arc Systems even added this in) For lvl 2 and 3 the animation to FRC is the same but the problem is the height of both moves are different and you need to watch your glance your meter first before doing it. This move caught me off several times and I so far is unable to perform this even more than 10% of the time. I only succeed the FRC baiting my opponent once so far. Need someone to fill this in for the timing for FRC. FRC animation point is when robo ky starts to flip.

Hey guys, how´re u doing, you know...i want to pick Robo-ky in Ac maybe as a second, cuz i find him funny and very interesting, is there something i should know before picking him?? and how in the world does his FB works??? PD: i have practiced his combos in Slash (I used him a bit in Slash...altough he wasnt very good) and i know how does it works his charge system and the Steam stuff. I hope you could answer my questions about the Loved and Hated Robot, thanks.

Is there something i should know before picking him?? and how in the world does his FB works???

Find a playstyle with him that you enjoy, even if it's just spamming Level 3 missiles. Everything else should fall into place.

Once you activate his Force Break with aerial 236D, Robo goes into a state where you control him with the joystick. This lasts for 67 frames. You can cancel the move into anything that's not movement based and it resets your jump options.

so just wondering about the reset jump option part, so lets say i do jump S double jump S FB-> i can do jS and jump S again? or you meant seomthign else?

so just wondering about the reset jump option part, so lets say i do jump S double jump S FB-> i can do jS and jump S again? or you meant seomthign else?

Edit: It's jumping slash, double jump slash, forcebreak XX j.s, triple jump slash. However you cannot cancel the Force Break itself into a jump. You CAN cancel the Force Break into a jumping move using momentum, this can be deceiving as it looks like another jump. Check out the last combo in the Tougeki Damashii DVD video.

um wait, when you reset your air options, this is just like blocking a hit in midair, where you only get back one midair jump, right? i'm asking because i'm not sure how to read what you're saying, as it sounds like you can do: j.S -> dj.S xx FB (Kyou wa Ky-san?) -> tj.S -> qj.S and that doesn't seem right...

It's kinda confusing, and I worded it wrong, sorry. It's not TECHNICALLY a fourth jump. You can do jumping slash, double jump slash, forcebreak CANCELED into a jumping slash, triple jump slash. So you are correct rtl42.

So uh, how about that Accent Core eh?

TK Force Break into J.S as an overhead is amazing. It's easier if you hold up after you activate so you can get all the frames of it out.

Conversely you can empty jump TK Force Break into 2S for knockdown. There's also the riskier option of quickly flying toward them and going into command grab.

As far as combos go:

5HS FRC, 2HS FRC, SJ.K, SJ.D.

There's going to be some good damage potential with the earlier 2HS FRC.

I'll edit the first post w/ strats and pressure once I get a larger list.

so far i am liking the normal throw cause it sets them farther away:o.. the CH Robo Dash i still haven't got a chance to mess with Force Break.... and for now i am messing up all my 5HS frc timing :/... rofl... so far his attacks that set people on fire is the shizz!!!

With lvl 3 tension: s.K, s.S, 214S, 5HS frcx2, air combo of choice. 214S launching at lvl 3 is hot, and missile loops seem a bit easier now; I could get it consistantly in slash, but it seems like the untech time has increased and works from farther away. TKing the force break? That could make for some stupid wakes after lvl 2 or 3 236s. *goes to training mode*

the knockdown of the 214s will be hella usefull i guess the frc of 2hs permits some destructive combos with sj man r-ky is pretty good in that version!

someone mentioned Robo-ky could use his FB in pressure, can someone explain me how???

Check out the vid linked in the first post.

Besides that, try something simple like this:

Instant Air Dash toward them, jumping slash, jumping hard slash, Force Break, jumping slash or land and go low.

Instant Air Dash toward them, jumping slash, jumping hard slash, Force Break, jumping slash or land and go low.

Oh that's just dumb (in a good way)

so for dust combos .. do i use the normal jd jd combo (well since the force break ithink you can jd again).. or do i do something different..like impossible dust with the missiles and then FB..

I'm not positive but it seems it could be possible to go infinitely into the sky using his FB and j.D. TK FB and go straight up then do j.D after wards you can jump again and do another then do his FB and repeat. Looks like the double jump allows you go vertically where you normally couldn't. Not particularly useful but could make for kooky combo vid madness somehow.

so for dust combos .. do i use the normal jd jd combo (well since the force break ithink you can jd again).. or do i do something different..like impossible dust with the missiles and then FB..

I've been using D [8] j.D JC j.K j.S JC j.S j.HS Missle. Does around 140ish depending on your j.D hits and person you're wailing on.

do you think he's higher tier than he was in reload?

A most definite 'NO'. Robot's damage, speed on normals, lack of any proration on command grab, invincibilty on his SRK, free delayed getup, and jumping Hard Slash all make him far superior to his Accent Core counterpart. There's even more that's better about #Robot, but these are the ones that come to mind off the top of my head.

Now if you're asking which version is more FUN to play, that's a different story. :)

Random stuff from 28 hours straight of playing AC with SoCal:

As they are waking up, 2369D (Force Break), let the stick go to neutral for a second, J.S, 2K, 2S, 2D.

While in Det Mode/Gen-Ky @ Level 3 with 6 blocks of tension, throw out a Level 3 horsie, if it hits they'll float, activate 236236S super and mash Slash till you detonate.

You can end aircombos with a Force Break and fly toward them for an air throw.

More to come later.

is roboky invincible for a bit during his tauntish animation after hitting with a robodash now? some fish passed through me when i was in that animation

is roboky invincible for a bit during his tauntish animation after hitting with a robodash now?

some fish passed through me when i was in that animation

Yes. Frames 1-26 of the taunt animation are invincible. Even in the older games it was present. If you hit Dizzy out of her flamewave super, the flamewaves will still pass through Robot as he's jiggling there getting meter, good stuff.

Sign in to follow this