Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky: Talky-Talky Goes Here!

Is this also the combo thread? Just curious so I know where to post/ask for help with my current Scrubo-Ky.

Is this also the combo thread? Just curious so I know where to post/ask for help with my current Scrubo-Ky.

For now yeah. Once we get enough info I'll move all the posts to a new thread, but we might as well keep all talk of AC Robo to this thread for the time being, minus his matchups.

So i've had a couple days to play around with new robo now. first i just want to say (coming from some1 who starting playing robo in slash) its really nice to have a usable uppercut especially one that you can frc to make safe. Best dust combo i've found so far is: d j.d JC j.k j.s j.p j.s j.p j.s JC j.k j.d missile this works on most of the cast mid screen and corner, does not work on ky or robo ky and has to be like max range on testa, also for a few others it doesnt work if youre right in their face (though for me im usually not) ....any1 find anything better yet? and then my question is: has anybody found any cool flashy FB combos? im having are hard time trying to tack on to the end of regular combos so i figure you probably have to cut your combo a bit short to extend it with force break.. or maybe i just suck >.<

Unable to check right now as I'm at work, but the Japanese were saying on their blogs:

5D, J.D, JC, J.K, J.D

Also when you're in 80% heat mode:

5D, J.D, JC, J.D, Force Break, J.D, Missile (if possible).

Dogura busts out a non-legit Dust combo at the end of Round 1: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1xbE3Oe_3Lk

If somebody wants to see if it's possible that'd be cool. I'm without access to AC till Sunday.

its sorta possible to do just not for as many hits as he got...you have to end the j.d before the force break early so that theyre not too high above you such that as soon as you FB you can hit j.k then dj.k dj.d but i also wasnt able to do as many hits out of the j.d after the FB...in the vid he flys up after the FB before he does j.k and the time it took for him to move is what made the combo invalid. so far from what ive gotten to work with robo's FB in dust combos it seems like youre better off just throwing a missle instead of FBing. one combo i got to work (though again it wasnt worth it) was: 5d j.d JC j.k j.d FB j.k JC j.k j.d i didnt try it on too many people but i couldnt get the last j.d to do full hits and you usually have to end the second j.d early so that theyll be at the right height for your j.k to hit without doing any movement with the FB.

Dogura just won an A-Cho ranbat. Some of the players he took out: Doubt (SL), R.F. (who beat Woshige), Kazu (JA), Attsun (IN) (who beat P.C.), Take (Buri), Kazun (PO), Shichiya (TE). I'll mess around with Dust combo tonight, thanks for the input.

Dogura just won an A-Cho ranbat. Some of the players he took out:

Doubt (SL), R.F. (who beat Woshige), Kazu (JA), Attsun (IN) (who beat P.C.), Take (Buri), Kazun (PO), Shichiya (TE).

I'll mess around with Dust combo tonight, thanks for the input.

Waiting to see his videos on a-cho maybe in 2 weeks time.

Another one of RK's ID is something that looks like Ky's ID. Damage is lower but easier to bait bursts.

I found another little force break combo (actually i credit the computer for doing something similar and giving me the idea) this should work off of any sort of set up into hs frc or whatever else into air combo sort of thing (lvl3 horse, 2s, j.s CH, throw frc, ect) ~...j.s JC j.s j.hs FB j.s JC j.s j.hs you can add in a j.k at the start but i leave that out cause if youre at the spacing where you can get the j.k and still get this combo then you should just do j.k j.s JC j.k j.d anyways.

Yeah I was doing a similar setup for awhile. I think the damage is less than if you aircombo though. However, say you IAD with J.S, J.HS. If the J.S connects as a counterhit and you've already started doing J.HS, in earlier games you kind of sabotaged your own combo. Now after the J.HS, you can Force Break into J.K, JC, J.P/J.K, J.D or a combo similar to the one in the previous post.

And why was one of the robo's tension meter different?

The Robot player is Slashbacking the Det. Mode/Overclock explosion infinitely, preventing it from ever actually happening. He was fighting against EX Robo-Ky, probably for the sole purpose of using the Missile Strike super and illustrating how even it would not hit Robo-Ky.

i'm just picking up robo ky for the first time and i'm having trouble combing into his air rockets. For simplicity i'll use the one shown int eh combo video. throw-> FRC-> c.S->JC->j.k->j.s->JC->j.k->j.d->lvl 2 rockets they always seem to be able to tech after the j.d and before the rockets hit them no matter when i cancel the j.d. i seem to get a little bit closer to the mark with 2.HS-> SJC -> j.k -> j.d -> lvl 2 rockets, but it still doesn't work what set ups do you guys use(assuming this is even a useful stretgey anymore). Any other tips on AC robo ky would be greatly appreciated, i've never played as robo ky and the person i know who does is gone for the summer.

Help looping Level 2 Missiles?

The first setup you listed should work. The second one I usually add in a SJ.K before the SJ.D. You really just have to get a feeling for when the loops are possible and when they are not, it's dependent on height and how 'deep' you are.

Try this one in the corner:

Counterhit J.S, 5HS FRC, J.K, JC, DJ.K, Level 2 Missile x 4. Be really quick with both jumping kicks.

I'll be updating the first post and/or adding a guide so be on the lookout for those soon.

ah that'll be great, right now i'm pretty much just doing gatlings and sometimes stuff into air combos(also count down exploding and taunting people :) ). Also that set up is amazing, although i seem to have to add in a j.s after teh first kick it works pretty easily. I also finnaly know what to do off those counter hit j.s.

I forgot this one thing, how do you make robo ky stay on ground longer after knockdown. (I jsut nvr figured it out out of all the time playing him and I would randomly do it)

I forgot this one thing, how do you make robo ky stay on ground longer after knockdown.

(I jsut nvr figured it out out of all the time playing him and I would randomly do it)

Hold P+K after being knocked down.

Hey Storm it was cool meeting you at getting to play against you at the tourney. You had some really good corner pressure so i wanted to get some tips on what you do for your corner pressure like different strings you use and such and i noticed you use 6hs alot but what were you doing to keep your heat up to be able to do that repeatedly.

Hey Storm...~

GGs man, was fun.

The typical corner pressure I was using was 2K into 6HS x 2-3. 2K adds about 7 Degrees or so since you are canceling it early into 6HS, which subtracts 13.5 Degrees at Level 2. After this, in order to maintain your heat level, you have to have them scared enough to not try and punish your blocked 6P. This is easier than it seems as you can choose to shoot 1-3 times and can alternate the rate of fire. ANYTIME you get a stagger with the 6HS, 6P once for knockdown and lay a mat. This puts you back at square one. After that, mix it up... do something like 2P(blocked), hesitate, 5HS FRC (connects/staggers), into...you guessed it, 6P again once for knockdown + heat. If you have spare tension, you can do 2K, 6HS, FRC INTO, 236S Bazooka. If you seem like you have a good read on your opponent, you can 6P them three times, giving them the option to tech, which 70% of the time will be in the 'get me the hell out of the corner' direction. If this is the case double jump straight up, airthrow them into wallbounce and have your way with them. Eventually they will get really annoyed and try to jump, bust out the 2HS Knee Rockets then. If the Knee Rocket gets blocked, and they aren't airborne, FRC into another bazooka, lawl.

And then there's the Force Break stuff too, most of which is in the video I linked in the first post.

That Robo-Ky on the latest Acho vids is hawt

That's how Robo-Ky should be played.

Nice Air Throw against Jam's Burst, and the Dust set up against I-No was genius.

Sign in to follow this