Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Stormlocke

[GGAC] Robo-Ky: Talky-Talky Goes Here!

i believe its just the timing, do the slash or hs by themselves late enough and it should be untechable. the j.s dj.hs forces the hit to be late because it takes longer. havent tested this but i believe it to be the case. *edit* tested on testament and can knock down with just hs also beyond the longer un tech time its also better to wait longer on a fd j.hs for ID because youre more likely to successfully bait a burst that way *edit #2 cause im bored* random stupid combo: 5p 5p 2hs frc sj.d missile

Exactly, it's just when you hit them with the normal and trying to get it as close to, but not past, the 29th frame of untechability. J.S, j.HS simply fills in the gap that you would be waiting if you merely did FD, wait, [insert normal]. It's more like you can throw it in there for more damage + the same effect, not that that certain combination makes the 5D an impossible dust. Also, 2HS FRC sj.D xx Lvl2 Missile, AD j.K, j.D xx Missile x N is the shit. No one can refute that. :cool:

Yeah that combo was great, gotta try to learn that! Is there a easy(ier) way to time lv 3 horsie crossover? The timing is pretty strict on that so I was wondering if there are any cues to do it (1) after a throw (2) after 2S knockdown?

the only way horse will actually cross is after an air throw in the corner. otherwise its blockable normally. unless youre talking about whiffing a horse as a cross then doing another move which off of throw or 2s i think would put you too far away from the opponent to be useful.

I was actually talking about the first one. I ask this because I was trying to do it in training mode and occasionally I could lv 3 horsie some time after the throw and as he is waking up I would hit the computer with me facing the original direction my horsie was going, i.e. I change directions, so is it still blockable normally even though I am attacking facing the opponent from the other direction? Also after an air throw in the corner, would it be timed exactly right if I did lv 3 horsie on land immediately, or do I have to time it (haven't tried it yet)?

I was actually talking about the first one.

I ask this because I was trying to do it in training mode and occasionally I could lv 3 horsie some time after the throw and as he is waking up I would hit the computer with me facing the original direction my horsie was going, i.e. I change directions, so is it still blockable normally even though I am attacking facing the opponent from the other direction?

Also after an air throw in the corner, would it be timed exactly right if I did lv 3 horsie on land immediately, or do I have to time it (haven't tried it yet)?

I know what you're talking about, and I've had it happen a few times in training and once actually in a match. I tried looking for visual clues or timing devices in order to replicate it but was never successful. I eventually moved on, but I think it might be possible. I would assume it would work just like a corner airthrow followed up by a Level 3 Horsie, in that it's actually a legit crossup.

You want to run after the corner airthrow, so that you're touching their downed body, and then do the Level 3 Horsie.

Midstage command grab, followed by a Level 3 Horsie allows you to try and "surprise crossup" them with a 5k on landing, but you can get thrown.

I know what you're talking about, and I've had it happen a few times in training and once actually in a match. I tried looking for visual clues or timing devices in order to replicate it but was never successful. I eventually moved on, but I think it might be possible. I would assume it would work just like a corner airthrow followed up by a Level 3 Horsie, in that it's actually a legit crossup.

I looked for some cues but all I managed to find is that it's "sometime" after the second bounce after a guy (tested on Ky) has been thrown. I figured if this crossup can be reliably done then it's really hard for opponent to block because the difference between blocking left or right depends on a fraction of a second, so right now I am just practicing until I get a feel for the timing, at least for after a throw.

I'm not entirely sure about it... but I think when you do midscreen pony crossover hit, the opponent has a bit of crossover protection or something. There have been times when I pulled it off against another person. The back of the pony connected with them as soon as they got up. They were able to block it holding back in the original direction before I crossed them over. This may have just been poor timing, but in general, I believe the risks are far greater than the rewards for this.

It should be the front of the pony connecting with them when done correctly, i.e. Robo-Ky actually changes direction. I need to test if this actually crosses up.

Ok, it's still blockable normally even if Robo changes direction, so it's not a cross up :(. EDIT: I tried corner air throw into lv 3 horsie cross up on Sol, but the horsie just completely whiffs if he just walks backwards (i.e. block normally) and Robo-Ky is now sandwiched between the wall and Sol. Is this how it's suppose to work? Because then it's not really a cross up and it also means a free combo on Robo.

cross up in corner should work after air throw...after the throw just run them into the corner and to the horse right before they get up

I'll try to post a video of what I'm seeing in the near future. EDIT: Ok, I tried it on more of the cast and it just doesn't work on Sol - it works on every other character I tried. I'll post what happens with Sol tomorrow.

thats weird..i just tested it as well and got the same result as you. the cross up does work if they block low.

The reason that you are not hitting sol is that you are probably doing pony at sol's 'sweet spot' distance. In training mode against Millia and Chipp, I noticed there is this specific distance where pony would just pass straight through them when they are just standing neutral. The distance seemed to be different for both those chars, so I assume that each char has their own 'sweet spot' distance. Also isn't the corner crossover pony just using the corner throw glitch?

if you throw someone into the corner they get up facing the wrong way. i don't think this works with command grabs and it doesn't seem to work with his normal grab because of the bounce. try it with may cuz i know it works with her

You can get it to work with the normal ground throw on ABA if throw FRC and 2K under her then push her into the corner and then do the horse. Note this only works if you are in the corner and you do a forward throw. Also this only works on ABA because she has the longest get up time. Technically this works on Robo Ky too if he uses the delayed wake up.

This may be old news but I found something out just now and I wanted to share. After a lv3 pony you can lift combo with 5p 5s instead of 5HS frc. Your damage output is a bit lower, but you don't have to lose any extra meter and don't have to deal with the frc tension gain penalty. I tested this on about 1/2 of the cast. The only chars this doesn't work on is the 'heavy weight' class chars (Ky, Po, Robo, ABA, Jo). You can instead do 5k 5s as lifter. The problem with this is that your damage output is much lower than if you were to do 5HS frc, especially since these are the higher defense chars too. The timing on this is a bit harder than doing the 5HS frc so you really have to pay attention to Robo's feet to make sure you press 5p/5k as soon as you land otherwise they just get pushed away. Similar to the 5HS frc lifter, what you can do afterwords depends on the distance you started the pony from. Also.... if anyone ever plays against other humans try out lv 3 dp (assuming no super connects) 236 frc (assuming you use some combination with S involved) to get the lv 3 missile as soon as you hit that frc. I haven't been able to play with ppl since Final Round, so I can only theorize how well this works. You have extra landing recovery, but I think you won't have to worry about having to FD as you land against those chars with stupidly good AAs.

ive seen this come up a couple times where people talk about how to do combos to save tension. i think its better to do the combo with 5hs frc for a couple reasons. 1) higher damage, any extra little bit of damage you can get could be the difference in the end 2)burst safe, if done right the 5hs frc can be burst safe, where as 5k and 5s are not. 3)it makes the combo easier and also positions you properly so that you get all the hits from the combo, if you do it with 5k 5s, or w/e you push them away from you and you arent getting a running start into your jump which means most of the time youre gonna have to do jk js djs djhs for the combo instead of finishing in j.d, which is bad because of less damage and more heat generated. 4)its also really not that much of a waste of tension, after the combo youre going to land and put down a mat anyways and should get atleast 2 bars before your enemy lands. and really robot gains tension so quickly anyways if youre playing him right you shouldnt be shy about using it up when you have potential for high damage. (just as a side note, ive started using 236236s 236s to end my combos that i cant end with 2s because, especially if their in the corner, you get like 3-4 bars of it back before they even get up into oki so its worth getting the knock down and the damage)

I just brought this up because I feel most comfortable sitting around 40-60% tension. Heat shouldn't be so much of an issue because he has multiple options to dissipate heat now. Also, when i do the jk js djs jhs combo, I feel much more comfortable with my positioning than when I end my combos with j.d. You can try it out or ignore it, I just feel more comfortable when I don't have to frc in my combos. What I really want to know is how practical the lv 3 dp frc lv3 missile is.

If you are in a situation where frc-ing lvl dp is possible, it's either a counter-hit, in which case you can just land and do a normal air combo, or it's techable, and I wouldn't count on being able to react quickly enough to take advantage of the hit AND reliably pulling off the FRC. It's really hard to do. There are even some fun mixups you can pull on someone who's landing from a tech, so I usually prefer that.

Sign in to follow this