Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMB Bakery

[CP] Hazama vs. Hakumen

Discuss the Matchup here! OP will be edited as information is collected.

Overview

Neutral

Spacing and Movement

Chain Zoning

Offense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Defense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Retaliation

その他

How do I play this matchup. I've always disliked it, but it suddenly felt much, MUCH harder once I picked up CP.

This is one of the few matchups where Gasshou AA was kinda usefull, and that's gone now. 2C doesn't seem to beat his j.2C most of the time, so free jump in for him.

In the beginning I felt that it was better just to lame him out with chains and getting small 1k combos off of them here and there (grounded chains NEVER hit him if he's careful so no damage from there), but even so getting wins was pretty hard.

He also builds tons of meter just by standing there, so one wrong chain might cost you the round, so I just don't know any more.

It seems pretty bad since it's one of the matchups chains seem most important in, but he probably has the most answers to them than most of the cast.

Surprisingly I have no trouble with him as Jin, so idk. :(

I don't have as much trouble with this matchup as I would think I would (then again, I don't face many Hakumen players).

For j.2C, 2C AA should be pretty good at beating it out if they recklessly IAD in. You can even throw out a 5C and potentially get a CH starter for good damage. If they're using it after doing something like 5B jc fallling j.2C, then that's all the more reason to AA it, since it's not as good as something like j.B imo.

Chains are pretty good in this matchup, to me. Since he doesn't have an actual dash and... somewhat slow moves for air approaching, you can zone and make them do something reckless. You still need to watch out for him cutting the chains and bait and punish.

Only scary part of this matchup is when it's at mid range, since his normals out-range yours and he can close the gap pretty quickly with the use of meter. I basically either throw out a 3C (or maybe 2B) or just try to get the hell out, which is probably safer.

2C from my experience is very bad against Hakumen whiffing most of the time although I have theory to punish what I'm finding is what pro-Hakumens like to do I'll keep this posted.