Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

AMB Bakery

[CP] Hazama vs. Valkenhayn R. Hellsing

Discuss the Matchup here! OP will be edited as information is collected.

Overview

Neutral

Spacing and Movement

Chain Zoning

Offense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Defense

Approach

Pressure and Okizeme

Retaliation

その他

So ... about valkenhayns. The absence of meterless reversal is really hindering me, one mistake and i get pressed to no end.

High, low, high, high again, i just cant manage to defend efficiently. Any ideas or tips ? When do i mash As to get out of this rabid dog's dirty fangs :(

Depends on the level of the Valkenhayn player really. If they're using quite basic pressure they'll typically use w[5A > 5B > 5C > 6D > j.A > j.C]. Where they use 5C, you can try to poke them out, but it's easier if you IB or barrier. Sometimes it may trade too depending on how quick you are (or he is).

Stronger Valk players will be using wolf brake in their pressure making it very difficult for you to poke out. w[5A > 5B > wolf brake j.A] is impossible to poke out of if they use the stronger wolf brake method. There's a difference between IDCA and 6D > 4C wolf brake, being that 6D > 4C is slower so you may be able to poke out in places. w[5C > wolf brake j.A] is impossible to beat with mashing, not to mention they could use w[5C > wolf brake 5C] and get a CH if you're mashing. Using w[5C does have it's limit however. If they use it twice and you've blocked the 2nd usually they're going to be out of range for a 3rd to connect, so they're gonna have to end pressure or get in with 6D, raising another chance for you to try and poke out.