Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

More specifically, Chinroutou is 1-19f invincible and Yukikaze freezes you in hitstop, thus "extending" your invincibility frames. You can recreate that with plenty of DPs/supers.

Different frame data but the interaction with hitstop is the same. Ragna for example can DP through the catch + attack.

I have a habit of always j.d 63214b when i'm fighting. It works in some cases but i usually get punished if the opponent can predict what i'm about to do. I have to break out of doing this so I've been trying to get into doing 4kote air dash or staff launch. Any other alternatives???

I'm new to the game, and was trying to learn Litchi, I've got a few of the combos down that end with tsubame or 6c (2) in the corner, but I really have no clue how to follow it up properly.

I used 5d 5b into either 6a6b2c or 3c to set it up again after the combo, but then I realized all the tech options that basically ruin my attempts to do that. Most notably the forward roll. So what exactly should I be doing?

I noticed after the 6c (2) players in the videos will do 4kote and then mixup from that, but I still don't really understand it when I try to do it.

I'm new to the game, and was trying to learn Litchi, I've got a few of the combos down that end with tsubame or 6c (2) in the corner, but I really have no clue how to follow it up properly.

I used 5d 5b into either 6a6b2c or 3c to set it up again after the combo, but then I realized all the tech options that basically ruin my attempts to do that. Most notably the forward roll. So what exactly should I be doing?

I noticed after the 6c (2) players in the videos will do 4kote and then mixup from that, but I still don't really understand it when I try to do it.

When they do 4 kote, they to that to set up the staff for a 2d staff launch. if they roll, they will be caught by the staff landing you another combo.

Once you end with 6c(2) or tsubaime, you have to predict what the opponent will do and how to catch them accordingly. Most people will neutral tech, but if they roll, you want to make sure you want to catch them.

i.e in the corner I do 5d (held) 447 if they neutral tech i let go of the staff and air dash j.c. The staff will make them block or CHif they mash something, and the j.c will catch them if they crouch block.

There are many different things you can do to your opponent when you knock them down, all you have to do is pick up on their habits and punish accordingly. Do they like to wake up DP? bait it. Do they like to roll??? Keep a distance to make sure they can't espace. Do they respect??? Mix them up since they will be blocking.

When they do 4 kote, they to that to set up the staff for a 2d staff launch. if they roll, they will be caught by the staff landing you another combo.

Once you end with 6c(2) or tsubaime, you have to predict what the opponent will do and how to catch them accordingly. Most people will neutral tech, but if they roll, you want to make sure you want to catch them.

i.e in the corner I do 5d (held) 447 if they neutral tech i let go of the staff and air dash j.c. The staff will make them block or CHif they mash something, and the j.c will catch them if they crouch block.

There are many different things you can do to your opponent when you knock them down, all you have to do is pick up on their habits and punish accordingly. Do they like to wake up DP? bait it. Do they like to roll??? Keep a distance to make sure they can't espace. Do they respect??? Mix them up since they will be blocking.

Oh okay, that makes sense. Thanks for the help.

Litchi where is the heat at edition, I didn't realize the heat gain was so terrible did a 3k combo got 22heat...wut?

So there is a way to cancel in OD without it being a ODC. When you go into OD with ODC you usually get half the meter, but if it is straight up OD, you get the full meter for what ever health you are at. If you use a jump cancelable move (say 5b any version) you can do this. The way this works is to cancel the said move (5b in this case) with a jump. however go straight into OD. If done correctly, she will still be on the ground and you wont see "Over Drive Cancel" On the screen. So you will say on the ground and be able to continue the combo with full OD meter :D Lets say you get a CH 5b[m]. Jump cancel into OD (immediately or else you will be in the air), and continue combo to get a shit ton of damage. Neat huh??? Don't think it will be that useful in a real match but it's something to toy with in training mode to see if you can find a situation where you can use it.

I recently discovered that technique when I was messing around with jump cancels techs. I thought "maybe I can JC OD like Bullet and get full length of OD?" and it worked. However I didn't try to find situations where I could use it cause I was already learning something else. It's an interesting find envertherless haha.

I remember Jiyuna saying Jin benefited a lot because of that. I haven't had any time to play with it on Litchi, but if you want some hype swag with Daishrain there's actually a lot you can do with it off a JCable move.

Because you can hold it for two seconds, it actually becomes a hilariously awesome vortex.

Someone mentioned doing Microdash 2D to get the reverse release staff after Tanki~D. I'm having trouble figuring out the timing on it and have only gotten it a few times. If possible, is anyone able to explain the timing a bit more? Is it as fast as possible after the microdash, does it matter if I hold 1D, 2D, 3D, etc.?

Much appreciated. :)

EDIT: Of course right after I write this, I find out the timing. lol

For those of you looking. I do Dash input and down-forward +D as basically a (fast) triple dash input. i.e. 663D or 441D.

It's a simple matter of jump startup being able to be canceled with specials, etc.

I Don't get it lol. What do I do with this lol?

I Don't get it lol. What do I do with this lol?

It is a system mechanic and the entire reason you can jump cancel and OD for the full duration. You are canceling the jump startup (which occurs after hitstop, making it happen later than normal) with OverDrive. This isn't unique to BB, however in BB you don't really need to worry about it much as it has limited applications.

It could be useful in getting much more out of OD combos.

This is a non-Litchi example but Noel can use it to have enough OD time for 2 OD Fenrirs instead of one OD and one non OD...

Also: I'm finally hitting the lab with CP Litchi and I keep dropping ItsuuA 412D 3C stuff mid combo (enemy keeps teching before the 3C). Did the combo window just decrease for this because I've never dropped this in life pre-CP...and every other combo I've done so far has been smooth...

Edit: Could it be because i'm trying to microdash 3C?

itsuuA 421d 3c is a tiny bit strict...

u should do 421d as soon as possible and then 3c would have connected fine without microdash(unless enemy too far away but it's a bit unlikely since it's in a combo)

u should do a microdash for the 2nd 3c, like this : itsuuA 421d 3c 2d microdash 3c

You're likely using it too late in the combo when you don't have a lot of time to work with. If not, then you're simply doing it too slow to combo, it's rather easy to do as long as you have the appropriate amount of combo time.

Messing around with the jump cancel OD stuff. Haven't found any situations where it would do more damage, but it is useful for, say, getting a forward throw in a corner and wanting to go into OD quickly so it isn't burstable with as much damage as possible. :v:

But there are definitely some good possibilities. Just gotta find out where.

(And those curious to my play around, here the combo I did in corner, 100% Life, opponent in corner:

Forward throw, delayed 6B, jump cancel OD, 6C, 3D, 6A, 3D, 6A, 3CD, 63146C [4.3k; 30 Meter Required]

Can also throw in a 3D before the 6C for 100 more damage. No meter required change.)

Is it just me or doing 5b after haku hatsu chun on ranga is...off. Every situation i get him into where i can combo that, he techs.

i.e

I do 5b 2c haku hatsu chun 5b kanchan etc etc on someone and it works.

on ranga i do the same thing and he techs right when 5b comes out.

Am i timing it wrong??? is it different for ragna??? what do i do??? someone help!!! dropping combos on him is no fun ;-;

rather fight kokonoe carl and mu combined than fight one ranga

5b after her rekkas on Ragna doesn't work.

Edit: It used to screw me over but now I avoid those combo paths or if I do them, I pick him up with 2a > 5b though I don't have a proper follow up after. I do it to usually end the round so that doesn't matter xD.

Note that that's only true when Ragna is grounded or very low, like off of staffless normals or after ItsuuA. 5B 2C 6D Daisangen 5B works just fine on him.

My combo path when I accidentally autopilot into the problem combos though is 2A 5B 4B j.B dj.BCD falling j.C staff2 etc. though, like back from CS2/EX.

Note that that's only true when Ragna is grounded or very low, like off of staffless normals or after ItsuuA. 5B 2C 6D Daisangen 5B works just fine on him.

My combo path when I accidentally autopilot into the problem combos though is 2A 5B 4B j.B dj.BCD falling j.C staff2 etc. though, like back from CS2/EX.

I tried that too, and it still didn't work for me ;-; guess I'm doing it wrong then if that works just fine. Guess I'll try it again...tomorrow...

You'll need to do the Haku as fast as possible so Ragna's still pretty high on the wallstick--otherwise he drops low enough to where it doesn't work. The timing -is- tighter on him than the other characters, but it does work lol.