Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

5b after her rekkas on Ragna doesn't work.

Edit: It used to screw me over but now I avoid those combo paths or if I do them, I pick him up with 2a > 5b though I don't have a proper follow up after. I do it to usually end the round so that doesn't matter xD.

Yeah pretty much was Lensta said. I usually just go for simple 6C knock down with the 2A, 5B pick up. Something like 2A, 5B, 4B, Chun, 5B (which works here due to the height of Ragna vs Litchi), 6C

i.e

(staffless) 5B, 5C, 2C, 3C, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, 2A, 5B, 4B, Chun, 5B, 6C, [continue if staff is in 2D set and close enough] 2D, 421C, 6D (1), Tsubame [3.1k]. 6D is pretty picky, so you may also just want to try to go for straight Tsubame.

Can end with super after 6C for around 4k, probably can end with super after Kanchan too, to be honest. Never thought about trying it.

EDIT: Tried it (with a slightly added-to combo)

5B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 3C, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, 2A, 5B, 4B, Chun, 5B, 6C, Super [4026]

vs

5B, 6B, 5C, 2C, 3C, Haku, Hatsu, Chun, 2A, 5B, 4B, Chun, 5B, 6C, 3C, 2D, 3C, Kanchan, Super [4091]

Just... keep it simple in that case if you're going for damage lol.

It's a slight delay so that they float higher between HakuHatsu, makes it a lot easier to hit midscreen dash 2A link or just do hit the corner BnBs in general.

One thing to be aware of when not in the corner though is that the delay can sometimes cause you to cross under the opponent after Chun and inadvertently sideswap.

You still can't do grounded Daisangen 5B on Ragna though :(

I miss some of the simplest stuff sometimes. Especially considering I was using the delayed Haku Hatsu timing for a corner combo. :x

Thanks though, sG!

One thing to be aware of when not in the corner though is that the delay can sometimes cause you to cross under the opponent after Chun and inadvertently sideswap.

Makes me silently cry everytime when that happens, especially during my ItsuuC combos T_T.

I like it when it happens because you can get so much more and the following combo looks so cool.

I just wish I could make it happen consistently. Pfft yeah right.

What is Daisharin 5D on hit and block?

Also - Can we please fill in frame data at some point? It's getting frustrating not only hitting walls that no one else I can see online has hit, but not even having information where it should be to check on my own moves.

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Litchi_Frame_Data_(BBCP)

This has been available since console release. Please look around next time.

Also, by the nature of how Daisharin works it is not one of the easier things to test. Either feel it out or if you have the means available, do the testing and contribute your results :)

What is Daisharin 5D on hit and block?

Also - Can we please fill in frame data at some point? It's getting frustrating not only hitting walls that no one else I can see online has hit, but not even having information where it should be to check on my own moves.

#wherestheframedataguys #comeonguys

http://www.dustloop.com/wiki/index.php?title=Litchi_Frame_Data_(BBCP)

This has been available since console release. Please look around next time.

Also, by the nature of how Daisharin works it is not one of the easier things to test. Either feel it out or if you have the means available, do the testing and contribute your results :)

Whatever! I'm sorry that I asked. I saw a ton of blank rows under shit when I needed itsuu Cnacel recovery.

walking back through the path of needles to reclaim this char. unfortunately the other mode change chars are not to my liking (they don't have a good dp)... so i'm back *unenthused yay*

l missed alot, this char feels more foreign than her style in ex. has her jump gotten higher? also, not being able to rely on itsuub/meter daisharin has made playing neutral more difficult, her method of approach seems almost one dimensional now (not to be mistaken with bad at all).

how is 4b and ippatsu d? are they very important in the neutral? any other changes that made certain moves better/others worse? in the neutral l mean

walking back through the path of needles to reclaim this char. unfortunately the other mode change chars are not to my liking (they don't have a good dp)... so i'm back *unenthused yay*

l missed alot, this char feels more foreign than her style in ex. has her jump gotten higher? also, not being able to rely on itsuub/meter daisharin has made playing neutral more difficult, her method of approach seems almost one dimensional now (not to be mistaken with bad at all).

how is 4b and ippatsu d? are they very important in the neutral? any other changes that made certain moves better/others worse? in the neutral l mean

4B is solid answer to some things - it will take a while, though.

Ippatsu D I never see outside of combos. If there's setplay or oki stuff in corner I've never seen it.

Yes, someone else said her jump is different. No one said how.

Staff launch arcs are different - no one has said how.

J.b and j.c nerfed.

Yes, someone else said her jump is different. No one said how.

Staff launch arcs are different - no one has said how.

J.b and j.c nerfed.

90% sure it's been mentioned already, by myself no less. Her jump goes higher than before, rising speed and falling speed were unchanged so it will feel floaty at first.

Staff launch arcs are not different.

j.B wasn't nerfed AFAIK, j.C[e] vertical hitbox was nerfed.

Going on the jump cancle into overdrive i found it useful for cross ups.

i.e 2a 2a 5b iad and as soon as you are above the opponent OD. once that happens you do 2d (since you are over them) and land a good distance away from them. if it hits you get a combo, if they block you can pressure them or try to cross up kanchan.

from a farther distance if you hit them with 2b[m] 6b[m] or 6b[m] you can iad and different points OD. from this longer range you can choose to do it in a way that you'll land in front of them or behind them making them have to guess the incoming stick and where to block. since 6b[m] is only jump cancleble on hit, it's a good thing to keep in mind for when you hit them from a long range.

it can also be done mid combo (whether they are in the air or not) or after a hard knock down. 6c(2) leaves you in the air after the second hit once you ODC so you can air dash and hold d in the direction while you dash over their bodies. this is also good to try to catch them if they try to roll away. once thing i did to test this out was grab into 6b[m] iad j.b (to force tch) ODC

these have only been tested mid screen and i've had some good results. only did it once in a real match and it worked wonders. is this worth doing or should it be scrapped???

I was wondering what changes will be implemented with litchi. Maybe they'll nerf her OD and then give her a new move to compensate. What's your wishlist?

l want her to go back to being fun. she just... isn't right now.

in cs1 she was top but she was fun. combos wer cool and so was most other stuff. she's always been fun... until this version.

i like this version. I've been using kanchan(1) oki midscreen a lot just for the amusement factor of it. Nothing like crossing your opponent under midcombo and having 2 hits of kanchan just whiff. And you are plus and get oki off if it.

Honestly, I'm fine with her moveset right now. Although a bit of a straight forward character, I can't find a real weakness with her if you know how to use her tool set.

As long as J.C CH send people flying across the screen as if they just got hit by a baseball bat. I Think I'll never stop having fun with her lol.

Also here's the updates for litchi.

Litchi

Staff 4B – No longer moves forward during the animation. Increased recovery

Overdrive D Attacks – Can no longer be moved during the an Overdrive Activation Motion

Itsuu (C follow up) – Increased the startup of the attack, increased the recovery of the attack

Kokushi Musou – Increased damage, decreased untechable time. Adjusted how the hit launches opponents, making it easier to hit with all the hits

Chinroutou – Increased the animation speed when it hits. Decreased the forward movement of the animation

The 4B[m] change shouldn't affect it for combos, as the staff will still hit from the tip of the previous move. It may barely affect it's hit-confirm ability, but otherwise, I think we'll be okay.

The ItsuuC nerd could be big though, a lot of Litchi's absolute most optimized combos include ItsuuC.

I'm okay with this change list though, there's nothing major here that will make her any worse.

5D Set Kokushi will likely no longer be untechable, possibly removing non-OD double super finisher and the ability to set up oki after Kokushi.

I'm not terribly worried about ItsuuC nerf considering fully optimized combos don't yield a huge increase in damage. It may mess up the grounded xx 4B[m] hitconfirm but other than that I think she can take the potential loss and still be really strong, her abare right now is really good.

Hey, so I switched to arcade stick and I can't use litchi od properly. Ex: opponent blocking, 6d, od cancel,5b, 3d,and then I'm trying to do mix up and stuff but it looks like I'm not fast enough since they jump out or dp me, even in combo's I'm having a hard time any tip? (I don't know if it make sense, sorry for my Eng btw.)