Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

practice doing it faster? practice your timing?

practice?

not much anyone can do for you here... you just have to pr *gets shot*

nah you just need more exp with the set up. time to level up. it'll be worth learning, litchi's OD pressure is very strong, very mixup oriented, it's like playing a different character almost. or in litchi's case, staff, no staff, OD staff.

During OD you can chain freely, you'll need to learn to 5A whiff cancel ala Melty Blood to keep pressure tight along with proper staff calls to fill gaps. It's not easy to do but you'll get the hang of it.

I played very little CSEX and even less Litchi; out of curiosity, what was the gameplay change from CSEX to CP that caused corner Kokushi oki to become less of a thing?

The super itself was nerfed.

5D set is the final hits of Kokushi (the whirlwind-esque hits) and 2D set are the punches. 5D set is combo-fodder and 2D set doesn't launch high enough for strong hitconfirms + less mixups.

The super itself was nerfed.

5D set is the final hits of Kokushi (the whirlwind-esque hits) and 2D set are the punches. 5D set is combo-fodder and 2D set doesn't launch high enough for strong hitconfirms + less mixups.

Makes perfect sense, thank you.

During OD you can chain freely, you'll need to learn to 5A whiff cancel ala Melty Blood to keep pressure tight along with proper staff calls to fill gaps. It's not easy to do but you'll get the hang of it.

I seem to lose myself in OD pressure sometimes.

I think i should experiment with 6D > OD > mix up on blocking opponents.

Have you got any quick examples of Mix up routes ? the only one i tend to stand on are 5a /5b in to 6 or 3 D in to some sort of cross up or even a 5b 5c 2a (whiff) in to 6/3D in to either a high 6a / 2b or kan-chan cross up.

What do you think?

I seem to lose myself in OD pressure sometimes.

I think i should experiment with 6D > OD > mix up on blocking opponents.

Have you got any quick examples of Mix up routes ? the only one i tend to stand on are 5a /5b in to 6 or 3 D in to some sort of cross up or even a 5b 5c 2a (whiff) in to 6/3D in to either a high 6a / 2b or kan-chan cross up.

What do you think?

6D(1) > ODc > 2B+3D > 5A(w) is the easiest way to lead into lots of mixups, while also offering one itself.

6D(1) > ODc > 2B+3D > 5A(w)...

Double Overhead: Dash 6A > 3D > 5A(w) > Dash 6A

Overhead > Low: Dash 6A > 3D > 5A > 2B

Overhead > Low > Overhead: Dash 6A > 2B > 6A > 3[D]

Triple Low: [Dash 2B > 3D > 5A(w)]x2 > Dash 2B

Things like that. Basically anything you can imagine works, so long as you properly fill the gaps with staff hits.

6D(1) > ODc > 2B+3D > 5A(w) is the easiest way to lead into lots of mixups, while also offering one itself.

6D(1) > ODc > 2B+3D > 5A(w)...

Double Overhead: Dash 6A > 3D > 5A(w) > Dash 6A

Overhead > Low: Dash 6A > 3D > 5A > 2B

Overhead > Low > Overhead: Dash 6A > 2B > 6A > 3[D]

Triple Low: [Dash 2B > 3D > 5A(w)]x2 > Dash 2B

Things like that. Basically anything you can imagine works, so long as you properly fill the gaps with staff hits.

I've been slacking on these. been meaning to practice OD pressure since I have a hard time using OD outside of combos @_@ can't count how many times i've thrown a round because of weak OD pressure.

You can also crossup with xx > 421[C] + 3[D] > 3]D[ as you pass.

6B+C > 9D > Hatsu > Chun > 3D > dash 5B[m] > 4B[m] > ItsuuA > 4kote > 3C etc.

Found this on twitter, seems to have more on the changes as well as what we already know

backdash: total animation increased from 21 to 22f. airborne duration lengthened from 1-14 to 1-15

staffless j.B, j.C: can now cancel into j.2D

staffless 4b: no longer moves forward

staff 4b: recovery increased from 21 to 29f. static difference increased from -5 to -13f. no longer moves forward.

cannot move the staff during OD startup

c ikkitsuukan: startup increased from 7 to 10f. total duration increased from 48 to 53f. no longer leaves you staffless afterwards.

13 orphans (vertical): damage increased from 300 to 400. untechable time decreased from 60 to 30f. hit effect changed, all hits will connect more easily

13 orphans (horizontal): damage increased from 250 to 300. untech time decreased from 40 to 30f.

chinroutou: ranbu goes faster, moves forward less.

chuuren poutou: overdrive version now uses 34123646+D motion

http://pastebin.com/3t02Gqgg

WHAT

I'm guessing it's talking about that small window after someone blocks ittsu c, and the staff is coming to back to you, it counts as you being staffless and you can send the staff flying or 4winds or what ever.

I really...REALLY hope so. Because if that instead meant that Itsuu C would keep you staffed on hit...

That would just be...yeah...

I've been either cursed to loose to Litchi, or there is something I don't understand about this character, my biggest problem playing against Litchi is when I feel like I have to play tag with her, it feels like no matter how well I chase her down I block the pole and back to the run away game again or fly to pole. I don't understand how to deal with this phase in neutral cause I find it much easier to just take the pressure over trying to chase her down, I notice a lot of litchi players do this when they have the life lead and can just afford to run away.

Unarmed 4B – No longer moves forward during the motion

Staff 4B – Recover changed from 21F to 29F. Disadvantage on block changed from -5F to -13F. No longer moves forward during the motion.

does that mean the animation is the only thing that doesn't move forward. because if so, then we still have our long ranged 4b when we do 2b[m] 4b[m]

the rest can be found here http://shoryuken.com/2014/03/06/famitsu-provides-more-information-on-blazblue-chronophantasma-ver-1-10s-changes-to-taokaka-litchi-tsubaki-makoto-relius-and-more/

I think Arc planned to remove 4b[m] > itsuu A altogether, but jp players confirmed that it's still doable; just more strict in the timing. I guess the nerf is pretty minimal if you compare the changes to other God tier character.

I think Arc planned to remove 4b[m] > itsuu A altogether, but jp players confirmed that it's still doable; just more strict in the timing. I guess the nerf is pretty minimal if you compare the changes to other God tier character.

remove 4B[m] > itsuu A? That'd be a huge nerf IMO, especially to mid screen combos.

edit: or are we talking 4B[m] against a grounded opponent?

4B[m] -> ItsuuA is a 2f window of possibility with the current listed changes. This isn't factoring in travel time of Itsuu.

C version will be a 1f window. 4B[m] > Itsuu won't be possible a lot of the time, compared to now.

remove 4B[m] > itsuu A? That'd be a huge nerf IMO, especially to mid screen combos.

edit: or are we talking 4B[m] against a grounded opponent?

Yeah, it'd probably change most of her combo route... which will suck big time.

If this were to have actually removed our ability to 4B[m] > itsuu A... what options would we even have off something like a mid-screen air-to-air CH j.B[m] or 3C[m] > RC > IAD > j.B > j.A > 5B? Anything?

If I remember numbers right off the top of my head, 4B > itsuu is possible on N+ starters during the first 300f of combos. Forward throw > 5B/2B[m] > 4B[m] > Itsuu won't be possible anymore.

Midscreen will likely be xx 4B[m] > 6B[m] > IAD j.BA > 5B[m] > Tsubame. Near or into corner it should still be possible to do xx 4B[m] > 6D[m].

Alright I think I'll hold off my thoughts with the 'what if' scenario until I've seen/get hold of ver1.1.

For now, I was checking on how to punish super ball and saw pens vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtHQ8wjVxxA&list=UUVivVH3MKljF0qkFeVlFjjQ (really helpful btw)

I think for corner punish you can go 6b[m], 6c[m], 2d, haku, hatsu, chun, 5b, 5d, 3c, kanchaan, tsubame for more damage; or you can just OD > etc.

edit: Was supposed to be in a character specific thread