Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Urichinan

[CP] Litchi Faye Ling - Gameplay Discussion: Console Release Version (Read first post for rules and directory)

And then we will have the exact same problem as with 4B[m], it will no longer be possible in a lot of current usage spots.

There is currently a 2f window with the nerfs. 4B[m] > ItsuuA is still possible, just not all the time.

4B[m] / 4B[e] will have the same window of opportunity to Itsuu, 1 extra frame likely won't pass some kind of breaking point to make it possible on shorter starters / late in combos.

Alright I think I'll hold off my thoughts with the 'what if' scenario until I've seen/get hold of ver1.1.

For now, I was checking on how to punish super ball and saw pens vid https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtHQ8wjVxxA&list=UUVivVH3MKljF0qkFeVlFjjQ (really helpful btw)

I think for corner punish you can go 6b[m], 6c[m], 2d, haku, hatsu, chun, 5b, 5d, 3c, kanchaan, tsubame for more damage; or you can just OD > etc.

edit: Was supposed to be in a character specific thread

From memory, 6B[m] wasn't fast enough to actually punish super ball and could be blocked. Also I think I forced CH and the ball coming back down ruins that combo anyway :(

2C is the way forward. no doubt. or atleast the best /easiest to do on such short notice.

Not too fancy but knocks her down. Good Stuff Dude

From memory, 6B[m] wasn't fast enough to actually punish super ball and could be blocked. Also I think I forced CH and the ball coming back down ruins that combo anyway :(

I actually saw this on galileo's stream last night on practice mode. Barrier blocked super ball then 6b[m] was actually able to punish it. There is a slight push back on 6c[m] (plus hitstun) which would avoid super ball then you can head to haku, hatsu, chun. Too bad I can't fuck around since I don't have kokonoe dlc. :|

Just tried that now and it works. Not sure how I didn't get 6B to CH before. I've found that it can get you hit by the ball if you're too far away when you block the ball mid screen though. Good to know

"Chinroutou – On hit, the animation is now much faster. There is less forward movement during the animation."

Shorter range on the first hit ? Or is it less distance traveled on the combo animation? Anyway, I think it's a great reversal on a staff less litchi if you have meter to spare because of it's invisibility and range. I do hope its the latter.

i assume its less distance traveled , cus that combo animation takes you for a ride.

looks like 4b[e] itsuua works. current combos aren't completely dead, but hitconfirming into said combos will be a wee bit harder. she'll have to hit with 4b right after staff2 hits, and some CT combos likely will not work anymore since they need 4b[m] to continue. she looks to be very strong still.

4B[m] -> ItsuuA and 4B[e] -> ItsuuA have the exact same 2f windows.

The only difference is 4B[e] -> ItsuuA takes less combo time, which may or may not be significant.

wait so they increased the recovery on 4B[e] as well? I know the list showed only 4B[m], unless it was an unlisted change.

wait so they increased the recovery on 4B[e] as well? I know the list showed only 4B[m], unless it was an unlisted change.

I think the issue is that 4B[e] has less untechable time. It just so happens that it translates to 4B[m] and 4B[e] leaving you the same amount of time to link itsuuA

new litchi player here, i know jC[m] has extra landing frames but do any of her other air normals have this?

i have felt like i might have landing frames on her jC[e] but i can't tell for sure. and if it does, does jC[e] chained into jB[e] also have extra landing frames? thanks.

as long as you use the move, the landing frames all add up. At least thats how i think it works. its how it works for bang. Using 2 B nails in one jump with bang has like 12 frames landing recovery. I never actually tested it with litchi.

Hi I'd like to learn litchi from scratch. I saw the video link in this thread for the beginner combo video on youtube. Too bad its in japanese though. I'd like to know if I can find a translation for the combos:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VpFtqESZ54c

thx.

in addition. I'd like to know what are good anti air moves(with staff). ItsuuA takes too long  and 2C hits too far imo.

Use the combo thread's main post, it will teach you most of the combos you will need to know. Once you learn basic combos and the appearance of her normals you'll be able to figure out what's going on by yourself.

4B has head invulnerability and hits right above Litchi, 5A and 2A are also useful situational anti-airs.

Some things i noticed about the 1.1 changes to Litchi:

4B[m]> Itsuue A doesn't work anymore if your oppenent isn't up high enough in the air. 

4B recovery has DEFFINITELY increased. (Itsuue A startup change shouldn't make such a major difference. Can't chain j.B> j.C> j.B> j.C after 5B> 4B anymore either.)

Astral animation time lengthed. The kicks now take longer (Hit 3~99).

Rest is on already known changelist.

Yeah, the 4B nerfs have been known for a while now.

If you're concerned about doing 5B > 4B > jump normals, just do 5B > 4B > 5B > jc > stuff

New combo routes:

instead of 5B[E]>4B[M]>ItsuuA

just do 4B[E]>ItsuuA off of staff launches instead. Its faster but the combos otherwise haven't changed at all.

Uhhh... this is no fun... 6C > 4kote > 5D > 5B > 214AB oki  took a bit of a hit with the "4B(e) no longer moves Litchi forward" nerf.

4B seems to whiff on a bunch of characters. It still works on big bodies like Tager and only just seems to work on Azrael but from what I've seen so far, 4B will whiff on Noel and Jin.

I'll run through and test it tomorrow... it's too late at night now.

New to Lichi since the patch dropped, just finished her tutorial and about 56% of her challenges, she's coming to me pretty naturally, although not as much as Terumi whom I played prepatch, any suggestions on how to get better.