Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBS Giovanni

The King's Games (BBCP 3v3)($200 in Prizes)

Posting this here too: I wont be able to make it tomorrow, we're getting rain and snow for sure...Definitely don't want to walk to the netcafe/game center in that...

Ok, thanks for the heads up.

Just a small tidbit. I actually lost 3. Lost to Omni once and Chick twice. So that would be only 3 pts for me right?

Good call, thanks for catching that.

this new system feels like it is designed to reward playing, or something, rather than just having a high win rate. But if someone has a high win rate but not a lot of games, actually, they are probably screwed because they didn't get to play as many games for whatever reason. Which is odd to me.

That's the way I want it actually. Previous system would just reward the winner who has the best overall record. So say one person goes 12-0 but the next person goes 15-1; the second guy would automatically be counted out because he lost one match, like the BCS system for the most part (assuming all the players are Top Name colleges, the 1 lost equals no championship shot. And I personally hate the BCS system.) This system allows me to also give people who had really good/clutch performances a nod too. EX: Bloodwolf's performance last week where he almost beat a team by himself. In the old system, you would just see that he went 7-10 and that he probably would have zero chance to reach MVP thanks to his team letting him down since he's deep at 41%. Look at Someonewhodied, he had a horrible game 1 at 1-4 but turned it around in game 2 and went 5-1. The old system would leave both them screwed for the most part thanks to that one bad game. Now they both still have chances to make a run.

In my opinion, the new system adds more life to the MVP Hunt and not just make it look like "who got the best record". In NFL/NHL/MLB/NBA, the person with the best stats doesn't always get the vote for MVP.

Alrighty so...um...h-hi...um...I'm going to be replacing OmnixTSC in this since it seems The Extraordinary Trio of Scumbags need a replacement.

I think Gio said we are playing today? What time exactly? Sorry I was not home at all yesterday lol

GGs team Brojin. Great matches. My hands were fumbling over themselves there in the beginning and I hope we can play again some time after I practice more. Great team and well played everyone.

I think my friends list glitched out, I added everyone in my team and the TO, but nothing shows.

Todays Results:

Game 3: Team 9 (4) vs BroJin (10)

Haven: +11

NeoGio0o (MVP): +20

Sub:

Chrono: -5

LegendaryRath: 0

BloodWolf: -3

=================

Game 4: The Extraordinary Trio of Scumbags (8) vs MECHA GOLDEN BANG X! (10)

E3vE3 WAZ HEA: (not Eligible for MVP hunt)

744Dante: -5

Sub

DaiAndOh: -5

Drieko(MVP): +15

Sub

=================

Game 5: Flash Gunblade(6) vs someteamwhodied(10)

Raptor: +3

Demon Wind Bomb: 0

MikelAL: - 5

aBadlime: -4

Someonewhodied: +7

xDaRkNeSsx JiN(MVP): + 16

=================

New Top 5 for MVP Hunt:

1. xDaRkNeSsx JiN (31 Points)

2. NeoGio0o (20 Points)

3. someonewhodied (18 Points)

4. Drieko (15 Points)

5. Haven (11 Points)

+++++++++++++++++++++

Notes for everyone, OminiTSC quit the league, so I allowed 744Dante to find a replacement for his team. I'm also allowing DaiAndOh to do the same thing since Lark has not post on these forums or shown activity in the past 20+ days. Both players will be eligible to receive the team cut if they their team wins but will not be eligible for the MVP Hunt.

Lark signed on to Skype during the match. Everyone deserves a second chance.

You don't make a bad replacement though Giovanni.

5 points for winning +5 points for MVP + 10 points for my win ratio being 100% ( I get 1 point per 10%)

haven 5 points for winning 6 points for ratio = 11

if he won that one game he lost he'd have 21 points

I guess... nice choke haven

Exactly. Unfortunately neanderthal normals was too much for him to deal with for the first time.

Lark signed on to Skype during the match. Everyone deserves a second chance.

You don't make a bad replacement though Giovanni.

And that's fine lol. Just don't you to fall victim like Dante did to a player dropping out on you.

I just wanted to do triple sekkajin