Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBS Giovanni

The King's Games (BBCP 3v3)($200 in Prizes)

Alrighty after getting my little internet issue fixed, i think i want to sign up for this lol. If that's possible.

However i have a question, does me NOT showing for any 1 of these have a huge negative impact on me/team? Im often leaving my town for 1 state away tournaments.

Alrighty after getting my little internet issue fixed, i think i want to sign up for this lol. If that's possible.

However i have a question, does me NOT showing for any 1 of these have a huge negative impact on me/team? Im often leaving my town for 1 state away tournaments.

You super late man. Since the draft is finished and we well into the season. But you can sign up for a reserve and help us out a lot.

if i'm not mistaken, the first team to 10 wins wins, so the team that plays every weekend will probably win.

ah ok. Well i guess i can be a reserve, or i can just wait til next "season" lol. I like how you say help "a lot". That many people missing?

I think at this point it's due to availability. Some of the teams just haven't been able to play on the weekends. Everyone knew the schedule beforehand, so they should get some games in soon, I would think.

Iw2ma: Up until know, we've only had one real alt (mAce, thanks for always showing) and he can't fill ALL of the spots. I believe Phoenix had to fill one while streaming (and being sick) because 2 people were missing. So having another person on the bench ready to jump in would probably help a lot. Your Bang is also something that wouldn't hurt a team at all if you needed to fill a spot imo.

I'd also like to know how we're gonna handle this because eventually, we might play the same team before fuji's or ciddy's team even plays.

Also dont worry. We may have played the most, but i plan on waiting for other teams in the case we're somehow a win away. If we're 9-5, we'll play teams who have 14 matches or more as well or other teams with 9 wins.

I'll happily play as a sub whenever needed(i suck btw) since fujiwaffle is traveling and I haven't heard anything about nemesis' schedule for this.

I don't think those of us already on a team can be subs for other teams. I haven't heard anything official, but I'm pretty sure this is the case as we are ranked for mvp and such based on our win/loss. If your team is gone for the whole season though, it may change the situation.

So right now it's like a race, first to get 10 wins?

Why not just make it that it's about who has the best stats, not who wins first. So if you finish first you just wait until the rest catch up and compare.

If somebody takes too long then they can get dropped or have to make it up faster.

Also I keep expecting this thread to have a Golden King sitting on a throne watching over everyone.

I'd also like to know how we're gonna handle this because eventually, we might play the same team before fuji's or ciddy's team even plays.

Also dont worry. We may have played the most, but i plan on waiting for other teams in the case we're somehow a win away. If we're 9-5, we'll play teams who have 14 matches or more as well or other teams with 9 wins.

Wouldn't want you guys to have to slow yourselves down for others.

So right now it's like a race, first to get 10 wins?

Why not just make it that it's about who has the best stats, not who wins first. So if you finish first you just wait until the rest catch up and compare.

If somebody takes too long then they can get dropped or have to make it up faster.

Also I keep expecting this thread to have a Golden King sitting on a throne watching over everyone.

We can have a vote on it since I'm always open to revision to the rules. If every prefers it be the team w/ the best record over the team to get 10 first. Then I'll be happy to switch it. Just need people to vote in on it. Thanks for the suggestion.

I think at this point it's due to availability. Some of the teams just haven't been able to play on the weekends. Everyone knew the schedule beforehand, so they should get some games in soon, I would think.

Iw2ma: Up until know, we've only had one real alt (mAce, thanks for always showing) and he can't fill ALL of the spots. I believe Phoenix had to fill one while streaming (and being sick) because 2 people were missing. So having another person on the bench ready to jump in would probably help a lot. Your Bang is also something that wouldn't hurt a team at all if you needed to fill a spot imo.

Woah now don't be giving me too much credit. My Bang in CP has a ways to go in general, and definitely online.

Iw2ma: Up until know, we've only had one real alt (mAce, thanks for always showing) and he can't fill ALL of the spots. I believe Phoenix had to fill one while streaming (and being sick) because 2 people were missing. So having another person on the bench ready to jump in would probably help a lot.

No problem, glad to be of service.

ah ok. Well i guess i can be a reserve, or i can just wait til next "season" lol. I like how you say help "a lot". That many people missing?

As BloodWolf said, there are a lot of times where another sub would be really useful. I had to sub twice during our last session while Phoenix and E3vE3 both had to emergency/unoficially sub. The first session had BloodWolf going solo because both of his teammates were unavailable and a few matches have been cancelled outright due to players not being available/not showing up.

If you've got time, it would be great if you could help out as another reserve.

I think that the current ruleset is perfect.

#nolifeandalwaysavailable.

#inittowinit

or since jinnc is carrying i guess its

#jinittowinit.

Also

#biggestdouchebag

So far it's 2 for the change and one against, anybody else wants to weigh in on this change? Also, games will only be open for Saturday. I have to co-stream the PXG Online Championship this Sunday.

Alright, that's fine.

And I'm fine with either set of rules. Makes no difference to me.

No offense but is has to be the players to decide since they are the ones who can actually win the event.

how do you set up the matches Giovanni? Could we potentially have team badlime vs team bloodwolf xN or something? I guess I am also not sure to what degree you are doing this for the players or for the spectators. It seems like both. so both perspectives could be valuable.

No offense but is has to be the players to decide since they are the ones who can actually win the event.

None taken. Probably should've figured that out for myself.

how do you set up the matches Giovanni? Could we potentially have team badlime vs team bloodwolf xN or something? I guess I am also not sure to what degree you are doing this for the players or for the spectators. It seems like both. so both perspectives could be valuable.

It's based on availability but if both teams already played, then I match them up with another team "unless" those are the only teams available. And I'm focusing this question more on the players because they are the ones most affected by this rule. For example, Badlime team is leading 3-0 and closest to 10 wins by far, but they all say Haven's team is stronger. In the current system, they could just reach 10 wins before Haven's team does, and still claim victory. In the new system, even if they reach 10 first, they still have to have a better record than everybody.

Also, just to add on to this. If we go with a "best record after reaching 10 wins" system. I will create a "Grand Finals" where the second place team still gets a chance to take the title. But they would be playing as a team from the loser bracket so they would have to win two sets instead of one.

Tough call, though I don't really mind either way. Only real way to fix would be to schedule matches and just ... go with it. Not really ideal, though.

On another note, team should be good for Sat!

Tough call, though I don't really mind either way. Only real way to fix would be to schedule matches and just ... go with it. Not really ideal, though.

On another note, team should be good for Sat!

Damn, people can't give me a yes or no vote. And what you mean needing schedule matches?