Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

GBS Giovanni

The King's Games (BBCP 3v3)($200 in Prizes)

At this point I feel like backing out and re-entering as a reserve player will give me a better chance to fight lol

Backing out hurts the entire set up and if you do decide to back out, I will have to ban you from future events I run including this one.

Backing out hurts the entire set up and if you do decide to back out, I will have to ban you from future events I run including this one.

sigh ppl take sarcasm so srsly these days...

thanks for the rigid response

sigh ppl take sarcasm so srsly these days...

thanks for the rigid response

The reason I responded the way I did is because I've had 2 people drop out during these events. The first time cause the event to stop all together because we could not find a replacement, luckily this time wasn't as bad.

But I take dropping out very seriously since it throws everything out of balance, hurts the team, hurts the other teams, and jeopardizes the entire event.

If you're going to be sarcastic on a forum, then show signs of sarcastic outside of "lol". Sarcasm via text is often missed, especially when it's on the topic on something serious.

Edit: plus this isn't a free event overall. It's free for y'all but I'm still putting up prize money. And all I ask is a little bit of professionalism. Nothing on a major scale or huge requirements. Just to follow the rules (which I'm super lenient with) and participate.

all I ask is a little bit of professionalism. Nothing on a major scale or huge requirements. Just to follow the rules (which I'm super lenient with) and participate.

Firstly if I wanted to back out I would just not show up - ever - much less post about it. I take BB way too seriously to ever do that and I wouldnt announce on the forums where I know my team captain should be able to see my complaint obviously directed at him rather than the system as a whole... sheesh

speaking of rules/participation - the front page says nothing about your difficulty with ppl backing out or the penalty

Nemi, if you just hopped onto skype you would easily be able to get matches set up here. Both your teammates are in the skype group almost 24/7

Nemi, if you just hopped onto skype you would easily be able to get matches set up here. Both your teammates are in the skype group almost 24/7

fucking skype-- you guys will stop at nothing to suck me back in there wont you? ARUGH fine I'll be sure to chew 'em out this weekend then - I could care less if we get bodied I just wana do shit

fucking skype-- you guys will stop at nothing to suck me back in there wont you?

well well well

it looks like the tables have turned

Firstly if I wanted to back out I would just not show up - ever - much less post about it. I take BB way too seriously to ever do that and I wouldnt announce on the forums where I know my team captain should be able to see my complaint obviously directed at him rather than the system as a whole... sheesh

speaking of rules/participation - the front page says nothing about your difficulty with ppl backing out or the penalty

Because it shouldn't need a front page ruling for something like that. You sign up for an event, you stick it out unless you have a legit emergency. Then I work with you. If you just going I drop out just "because"(and people have posted on the forums or messaged me that they dropped out before. Check out the Persona version of this) then I'm not going to let you participate in anything else I run because you show me that you're unreliable. Which I think would be common sense in comparison to all the rules up there that are confusing.

You sign up for a season and play for a team, you're not solo, so backing out just "because" is quitting on your team. Not like a tournament where it just effects you.

Because it shouldn't need a front page ruling for something like that.

And yet you reacted pretty strongly to begin with regarding something

Which I think would be common sense

looks like we both over estimated what might be understood or otherwise as obvious - shits already been established - can we stop already?

well well well

it looks like the tables have turned

I get it now

nemesis, if you want to play, just say schedule a team match even if only you can make it against another team.

I don't want to boost your ego any further but your team would probably do better that way anyway.

Maybe it will be considered a subversion of the format but bloodwolf did it.

If your team never shows up I mean what are you going to do.

nemesis, if you want to play, just say schedule a team match even if only you can make it against another team.

I don't want to boost your ego any further but your team would probably do better that way anyway.

Maybe it will be considered a subversion of the format but bloodwolf did it.

If your team never shows up I mean what are you going to do.

Only captain can confirm match and captain has to be there to play.

I can't imagine Fujiwario has that much of a life. schedule a match already.

He's still the captain, so I can't override him in his own team matters. It would be over stepping. But Fuji is on skype every night and recently returned from a family trip where he was stuck down south for a week w/o legitimate internet.

Bottom line, this is a lack of communication between the team.

Edit: it's not my job to schedule and round up the members of the team. It's the captain's job

Me and Demon Wind Bomb will be available on both, Saturday and Sunday (might change if I go to the cinemas to watch Frozen on Sunday on the time the 3on3s occur). I'm waiting for Raptor to respond on when he'll be available.

Alrighty. One, there have been personal things going on where I haven't been able to play. This weekend I should be available.

I'm not in the skype chat 24/7 :v I don't usually get around to skype until around 6pm or later since I have things that need to be done during the day.

Nemesis, you can always contact me through skype, PSN or even DL if you had a direct complaint.

As for the matter of our own miscommunications, I've sent you and WINTY a joint message before which you did not respond. I talk with winty every night. You've been the scarce one. I'm just not browsing DL every single day or checking at this thread.

That being said, I'm formally scheduling a match on saturday. I'll try to be around 12-4pm.

I can't imagine Fujiwario has that much of a life. schedule a match already.

:KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO::KO:

Ok, Fuji's team is set to play Mikel's team on saturday at 12CST/1EST (if Raptor confirms he can play)

Still waiting on ciddypoo to confirm for the grudge match against DaiAndOh's team.

He's still the captain, so I can't override him in his own team matters. It would be over stepping. But Fuji is on skype every night and recently returned from a family trip where he was stuck down south for a week w/o legitimate internet.

Bottom line, this is a lack of communication between the team.

Edit: it's not my job to schedule and round up the members of the team. It's the captain's job

I wasn't actually saying you should schedule a match. I meant it as he should schedule a match.

Unfortunately I am forseeing things getting harder when teams realize they're not in the running and don't feel like participating in something they won't win. this is kind of rough. but looking for good games on the weekend.

*shoots own foot*

ALL RIGHT IM RDY

what joint msg? doesnt matter -- you know if you want you can just make the assumption that unless otherwise specified Im good to go every weekend for this

damn errol you one cold bastard

great! Sometimes you gotta make waves to get shit to happen! Nemesis Style, Cause if ppl arent nearly at each others throats! It didnt Happen!

I don't want to boost your ego any further

You are truly the last person to ever really do this : just go back and look at our last exchange

I wasn't actually saying you should schedule a match. I meant it as he should schedule a match.

Unfortunately I am forseeing things getting harder when teams realize they're not in the running and don't feel like participating in something they won't win. this is kind of rough. but looking for good games on the weekend.

TBH, outside of Haven's team, once people get going, second place is going to be close run. And second place gives you another shot at taken the money. And their is always the MVP part. But that is one of the main things i worry about in online situations.

You are truly the last person to ever really do this : just go back and look at our last exchange

you are lucky as fuck that xXnemesis_OwnerXx is not, as far as I am aware, playing CP. Show some good games sat, ok.

you are lucky as fuck that xXnemesis_OwnerXx is not, as far as I am aware, playing CP. Show some good games sat, ok.

I really dont understand this and Im pretty sure Im boring to watch on stream - regardless of my effort

I really dont understand this and Im pretty sure Im boring to watch on stream - regardless of my effort

don't mind it then.

I don't see how your games could be boring to watch. your dp traps are hilarious. I am looking forward to seeing people get dp'd.

Ideally you want to run these like a major, where if someone shows up, good, and if they don't then too bad you go on without them.

But we don't have hundreds of spare people in these online tournaments. So the organizer has to be on everyone's ass 24/7 or stick to a strict schedule (which will probably get ignored, so you'll have to drop them). If you don't, 99% of the time everybody will just put off their match forever until everybody loses interest because they think they can always do it "tomorrow."