Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sakaku

[CP] Rachel vs. Jin

jin only has his standing, close range 6a and the normal air moves as overheads.

any time you must block in neutral, it should be low, just because fullscreen icecar. you should be trying to 6a those jump ins, and his 6a just requires reaction that you can get in training. you can block high but there isnt really a legit point, unless youre expecting a jump in.

you can't react to the 19 frame overhead, don't try. 

this is for the most part true for many people. if you can somehow block it on reaction, you are strong.

for most of us it will have to be anticipated. it is easier to do in pressure if you know the foe's strings and also if you use barrier block on the first two attacks.

I actually said reaction without thinking about that one, sorry. you should be anticipating this. for you, goblin, I wouldn't worry about this right now. you should try to manuever the character to your liking a little more first. and blocking those icecars.

Thanks all. yeah for now I am going to stick to blocking low against Jin, right now icecar is a way bigger threat to me than that overhead. Not to mention the other low blows I feel like Im taking outside of icecar...Im gonna stay down haha.

my jin opponent often likes to follow up with what he feels is the end of his pressure by dashing and trying to catch me jumping out with 2c/6c. I kept getting caught by it alot. If I'm patient enough and I block this, what is a recommended punish? it HAS to be punishable............any followups for this i should look out for should i block it and try to retaliate or escape?

Just check the frame data, or go into training mode and see what you can do if you block those normals.  You'll definitely retain the information better if you test it out yourself, rather than having someone tell you how to punish it.