SolKiske

General GG Fanart Thread ~Great Posts'o'Stuff - #305 and onwards~ [may be NSFW]

Sorael, I really just want to say that you need to brush up on facial structure. The coloring's amazing and the anatomy's fine everywhere else, but the head just seems to be shaped wrong, and the facial features seem to be pasted on, with no respect to the planes of the head. Something like George Bridgman would go miles for that drawing.

Sorael's is kindof, well, the nose makes her look like a wicked stepsister, a little too pudgey. Lips are overly large too, unless you were going for realism?

I was but still kind of maintaining her I guess you can say anime look. I disagree with your comment on the lips but the nose is another story. It's much better than it was! XD I can tell you now I don't think it's because it's big but because the shadow underneath I didn't do wonders with which might be making it look rather big, atleast which I've come to the conclusion to after criticizing my soul out :vbang:.

Sorael, I really just want to say that you need to brush up on facial structure. The coloring's amazing and the anatomy's fine everywhere else, but the head just seems to be shaped wrong, and the facial features seem to be pasted on, with no respect to the planes of the head. Something like George Bridgman would go miles for that drawing.

Thanks about the rest =D but the head, yeah, I know it needs work. However, to say that it has no respect to the plans of the head is a rather bold statement considering all heads are different and I feel like I at least acknowledged where the proper bone structure is. Imo I think it's because I didn't look at it after it was finished >_> her face extends too much to the right which I think is giving the illusion that it's shaped wrong. But I'm rather glad that it is so I at least know what not to do later. I might fix it later but I find myself delving into the guilty pleasure of drawing fanart instead of building a portfolio far too often so I may not...I say this as I'm drawing a jin fanart :gonk:

As for a pseudo-realistic drawing, especially with female faces, the nose needs to be as subtle as possible, unless she's Romanesque (Europeans from Italy/Germany/France) or of a non-caucasian nationality (African/Middle-Eastern). Asians have smaller and more compact faces but the eyes are drawn larger and fuller than they actually are to express emotions better in anime. Next time you watch a Final Fantasy FMV, notice most faces are asian models with exaggerated eyes, the only exception being FF12 which used European face models to emphasize the region. This is stuff I learned in my illustration classes for facial observation.

Honestly I think the nose is fine. If the right side of her head (her right, our left) was brought in more, and the eye changed to accommodate, it'd help a lot. I suppose you could argue to recess the bridge of the nose more, but that seems more subjective than objective.

Man, all these Guilty Gear and Blazblue fanarts are being shown by everybody on this site. Maybe I should start drawing some, as soon as I get out of my TM phase. . . . . . This is gonna take a while.

well, with that nice Dizzy pic,my stuff looks rather silly, because it sucks and it's meant to be silly. but yeah, I had this Idea, you know those Goofy looking avatars that mr. ryu makes for the new jersey guys? I had an Idea, where I wanted to make one with GG2 Sol in it, saying things he says in the game, but I can't color for nothing, so I just ended up with some sketches instead. though it isn't anything good, I've been DYING to share it.

This is how I now imagine Sol acting.

All the time.

that very thought is what inspired this. hehe.

I think I'll make one for Sin too. I came up for a funny face for his beak driver. I'd make his faces annoying rather than angry, I think Sin's a cheerful yet annoying guy.

Crap, I couldn't get Sol out of my system. this is what happens when you try to draw something, but you desperately want to draw something else. thus, Sol sneaked in, and ruined the quality of the pic. I think it's worth a chuckle if anything. I HATE DRAWING THEIR HAIR. SO SPIKY:psyduck:

LOL the top and the bottom one are amazing XD

ahh, no love for the beak driver face? I guess I messed up on his expression too much. it's hard to draw lips like that, or maybe only I thought it was funny. :psyduck:

what I meant by Sol ruining it was that I wasn't able to focus on Sin's faces(besides the first one, god Sin looks stupid XD) because I kept thinking about Sol. I remembered the last face was going to have Sin with a kitty smile and his tounge stuck out, but I was so cought up with Sol and his stupid hair that I forgot about it, and decided to go with silent angry sol instead (yet another way I'd imagine sol behaving when he's not going ape shit) I might do more in the future as long as the material stays fresh.

I'll post what I did to get Sol out of my system for good. It’s kind of like a final draft of the very first angry face sol I drew when the Idea first came to my head. I didn't post that initial sketch because it hardly looks like sol, just some guy with messy hair and a headband that was really pissed off. Sol is so hard to draw from memory :gonk:. I'm glad I could make a few of you guys chuckle with this.

Sol is just stressed out because he doesn't have any more squirrels to kill when the GG2 time line takes place. His only stress relieving hobby went out the window.

Just amazing men!

So this is a battle between good and evil?

Logic says Sol is the good guy... but that man looks like a holy guy now... :vbang:

Still, looks awesome. Is it me, or does the newer That Man remind anyone else of the assassin guild's assassins from Assassin's Creed?