Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

YOU DON'T NEED FANART.

IT'S RIGHT THERE.

GOD DAMN IT MORI.

tumblr_n0pz2rjp2v1rftvj7o1_1280.png

Oh god lol.

In Mori's defense, he didn't draw this...he did however hire a doujin artist to do this......yea.

Oh god lol.

In Mori's defense, he didn't draw this...he did however hire a doujin artist to do this......yea.

Sumeragi drew BL doujins; no idea why she was asked to draw this manga but she and Mori have been twitter buddies basically since CS1 so that might be a factor.

There's technically tentacle rape in actual BB story mode via Arakune (most recently with Noel in CP) although it's pretty much only in audio.

Not even one chapter later and our tentacle ecchi count has gone up. Again. Now we're at three.

Fuckin Mori...

What happened in the chapter? Seifer was shocked in what Mai did. Did Mai just used magic?

1. The "square eyes" power is apparently not related to Supertaste/Intermediary and is from a second type of grimoire within Mai.

2. While inspecting this phenomenon, Seifer found the fragment of Azure within Mai, noting that it was close in nature to an unrestrained cauldron. He decided that something needed to be done about it and there we have why Mai collapsed at the end.

......SD Are you drunk or high when you make these? Because I'm starting to think that's the case.

...I don't even know what to say to this except wtf. I have no words for this.

This is what happens when SD chats with me on twitter before I release the entire scans.

Volume 3 has a release date: 9th of May, which is about when I was expecting it. Front cover is Mai and Tsubaki in their summer uniforms, back cover is Shiori (in winter uniform), Chachakaka, Seifer, Carl (in summer uniform), Relius and Hazama.

Edit:

Q7IUyTN.jpg

Chapter 22... they all find out that Mai was a man and a Hazuki in this chapter (except Jin, Taro and Akane, they got left out).

Mai became a woman because she merged with the "Nameless Grimoire" (called "NoName" in the furigana). Apparently the "Existence with a Name" (Mai) was in some unfortunate circumstances so NoName made Mai its vessel to extend his (Mai, at the time) life. However, a Grimoire's vessel can only be female, so it transformed Mai's body into that of a girl. After declaring she wants power, Mai and the Nameless Grimoire have completed their fusion and Seifer's device is broken.

Sure sounds like it. I doubt anyone is complaining though  :v:.

No, but this means we'll get more Mai angst.

Kurushii released the chapter so I can look at it in more detail.

Seifer's plans for this chapter was to use everyone (minus Shiori and Chacha) as sacrifices in an alchemic reaction that forces them to use ars magus. This would allow him to merge the fragments of Azure in Mai's heart and take it for himself by becoming an Azure Soul. To that end, he put Mai into an "eternal sleep". His device was also suppressing Mai's ability to talk, BTW, so he took pleasure in telling Mai all about his plans before putting her to sleep.

Seifer's plan has now failed because:

1. Jin, Taro and Akane managed to escape the alchemic barrier, which opened a hole for Shiori and Chachakaka to enter. Chacha stopped the reaction and then used the Ammit Cryas to spill the beans on Mai's identity (Jin, Taro and Akane weren't able to reenter the barrier and thus weren't able to see this reveal).

2. "NoName" woke Mai up from her supposedly eternal sleep, proceeded to complete the fusion with Mai because Mai's desire to protect everyone gives her resolve to want power. And yes, I'm in agreement that could possibly mean that the First Law of Genderbending is now in effect and Mai is now permanently a girl.

I still think Jubei show up soon in manga because Nine was mentioned.

Jubei already had his cameo in chapter 11.

Wow. That's a lot revealed. So Mai's Grimoire isn't "Crimson Grimoire", it's the "Nameless Grimoire" (AKA NoName).

The manga is progressing pretty fast. I thought it likely that Mai's friends would eventually find out that she was a man because Noel in the new BlazBlue manga complained that "even Mai" had bigger breasts than her, regarding that as particularly unfair, but didn't expect it so soon. I guess that since the male characters are unaware of Mai's true identity it will be easier for a romance to develop with Taro since there no need to worry that he might be repelled by Mai's previous form.

I wasn't expecting the protagonists to find out that Albar was evil so soon either. It seems that the manga overall might be drawing to a close. Though Relius and Hazama have still not acted in Torifune yet despite saying that they would do so, so that is something that needs to be resolved.

Yeah, from what Sumeragi is saying on twitter (a long the lines of "the climax is near"), it does appear to coming close to ending. If not within the next 2 chapters (which would complete volume 4) then definitely within the next 8 (for 5 volumes total).

It also appears that she hopes for Mai to become playable in the games one day.

Yeah, from what Sumeragi is saying on twitter (a long the lines of "the climax is near"), it does appear to coming close to ending. If not within the next 2 chapters (which would complete volume 4) then definitely within the next 8 (for 5 volumes total).

It also appears that she hopes for Mai to become playable in the games one day.

My guess is that it will end with volume 5. Ending the manga in 2 chapters from now would be too abrupt. There are too many things that need to be resolved; from Mai's relationship with Taro and Shiori to what happens to Albar, as well as Relius' and Hazama's plans. I could only see it ending in volume 4 if the magazine Remix Heart is published in decided to axe the manga.

I'd say that Mai could potentially become playable. With her previous combat training and new power boost, it would be plausible for her to take on members of the main BB cast on a roughly equal footing. And from a story perspective, Kagura is looking for her to secure her help in overthrowing Izanami so she has an in-story reason to appear in the next game. Conversely though, she doesn't appear to be that popular; she only has 15 pieces of fanart on Pixiv tagged with her name, while BlazBlue as a whole currently has 27376 images.