Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

I'm very happy to learn that there will be a sequel to Remix Heart. I loved Mai as a character so I'm looking forward to seeing the continuation of her story.

44 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

I hope this manga will clarify what happened to Seifer (I'm prepared to be disappointed).

I think Sumeragi had said in an interview that Seifer was meant to unambiguously die but that because Sumeragi liked him, Mori allowed his fate to be left slightly ambiguous. I don't think he'll be coming back. Maybe we can assume that Hazama got rid of the body in order to conceal the fact he was at the academy and stole the grimoire.

Perfect timing to have Mai in CF, probably won't happen though. I hope we can read this one in a weekly basis like we did with Remix Heart, if a kind souls rip or scan the pages of course.

23 minutes ago, kosmos badgirl said:

Perfect timing to have Mai in CF, probably won't happen though. I hope we can read this one in a weekly basis like we did with Remix Heart, if a kind souls rip or scan the pages of course.

Dragon Age is a monthly magazine. First chapter will come in the July issue(comes out on June the 9th), and the likely a new chapter every month.

edit: Or are you talking about reading it a week after release?

33 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

I think Sumeragi had said in an interview that Seifer was meant to unambiguously die but that because Sumeragi liked him, Mori allowed his fate to be left slightly ambiguous. I don't think he'll be coming back. Maybe we can assume that Hazama got rid of the body in order to conceal the fact he was at the academy and stole the grimoire.

I think they can develop his story further, plus his unique motivation perfectly fits CF events (like meeting the creator of Burning Red). As for May, i don't know what she will do besides joining "protect Noel" fan club which is already too big.

Also... Nobody truly dies in Blazblue. :roboky:

I've only got like one question to ask--

And I won't. Still, interesting stuff(?) no idea where this is gonna go, colour me interested (?)

(oh god what is that outfit.)

12 hours ago, Calamitus said:

Also... Nobody truly dies in Blazblue. :roboky:

You mean nobody dies in the current events of the games. Kazuma, Tomonori, Eight, Ayame, Clavis, Tenjou, Akio, Spinner, Ripper, Acht, Drei, Unomaru and Sechs would like a word with you.

Is Tenjou really dead though? Ragna wants a word with him using Soul Eater after all.

Anyway, Variable Heart probably won't have a lot of Makoto or Noel in it thanks to their comments in CP where they said Mai just went missing after graduation. Given her clothes, we can reasonably assume we're past that point in the timeline. It likely isn't initially set during CF, so we could be seeing it set around the times of the first three games. 

Well, that's my guess at least.

No one's dead, they're all just chillin' in the boundary, waiting for the moment Mori needs them to pop up.

If anyone's set to appear alongside Mai, I'm gonna guess it's Shiori? What with the academy trio set for the NOL, SC also set for the NOL and Kajun probably back working with S7, I think she's the most likely choice. Plus like, everyone's gotta have their devoted sidekick.

So basically it focuses on Mai's adventures after going MIA. I am cool with that could lead to Ikaruga Civil war.

9 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

So basically it focuses on Mai's adventures after going MIA. I am cool with that could lead to Ikaruga Civil war.

I don't see that happening. The Kagura side-story in CPE showed that the Ikaruga civil war ended shortly after Jin graduated, and that happened two years before Mai's graduation.

10 minutes ago, churchblue said:

Wait, Mai is older than Jin?

No. Mai, Makoto and Tsubaki are all two years younger than Jin and graduated two years after he did from the academy. The Ikaruga civil war was already over by that point.

Wow, was not expecting a sequel.

I'll see what I can do with scanlations when this is released. 

6 hours ago, Kurushii said:

Had to do some work to get another company to buy from, and get through protections. I just want to say I will be handling the raw releases for this. http://www.mediafire.com/view/ruy2ql3f5gh7gzk/Variable_Heart_Preview.png

3 hours ago, Emma said:

Wow, was not expecting a sequel.

I'll see what I can do with scanlations when this is released. 

Thank you very much to both of you. I was hoping that this new manga would have its raws made available and then get scanlated.