Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

The big problem with this being Platinum is that it ignores the issue of Luna and Sena supposedly being two different people from Act 2. If this is one where is the other?

Act II is only so useful for anything given that the endings (for the most part) all reflect wishes, dreams, or memories of the characters. Luna and Sena may not be separate at all. They even question the scene themselves during the ending, wondering since when were they separate or with Jubei. It was an ideal world, but not necessarily a true reflection of their past.

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Second chapter of Variable Heart has been translated.

The big problem with this being Platinum is that it ignores the issue of Luna and Sena supposedly being two different people from Act 2. If this is one where is the other?

Thanks for the link. Mei-Fang's comment about Mai being able to remain conscious after receiving that blow being proof that she is a grimoire indicates that Mai has superhuman resilience as a result of her transformation. Speculating about power levels is fraught with peril, but I'd say that Mai's enhanced physical abilities, combined with the fact she now has a Legacy Weapon (which are equal in power to Nox Nyctores), suggests that Mai is probably somewhere around the middle of the roster as far as in-universe power goes.

I too don't think that this is Platinum. The cowbell looks different from the one in both of Platinum's outfits and her hair is straight instead of being puffy. That girl looks like a younger version of Mu, which is what you'd expect from a Murakumo:

jKxmlml.jpg

I don't mean to keep belaboring this point like a crazy person, but just for complete clarity, I don't think the Coffin Girl is "Platinum"; that would be strange if not impossible. I only think the way she looks brings Platinum to mind, and since we have no real idea as to what Luna or Sena look like, it's possible she COULD be one of them. Or perhaps she's neither, but is related to them in some way. A baby Murakumo is another possibility, although it would be strange considering every other robo-lady we know about seem to have been "born" as teenagers/young adults.

The idea that they might never have been separate at all is a valid point, but I suppose we'll have to wait and see if anything comes of that.

10 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

the fact she now has a Legacy Weapon (which are equal in power to Nox Nyctores)

Only technically; Kajun says in the third chapter that it's actually a replica.

11 hours ago, ComboFish said:

A baby Murakumo is another possibility, although it would be strange considering every other robo-lady we know about seem to have been "born" as teenagers/young adults.

Perhaps this could be explained by saying that she wasn't fully grown when she was shipped or maybe that they created a child Murakumo in hopes that she would be easier to control. My guess is that they'll explain that in the next chapter.

2 hours ago, redsilversnake said:

Only technically; Kajun says in the third chapter that it's actually a replica.

Kajun also said that it's as powerful as an original Legacy Weapon though, which must put it at the same region as a Nox. Admittedly there's quite a bit of range in the power of Nox Nyctores, from Take-Mikazuchi which can level cities to Nirvana which was designed to be a bodyguard rather than a combat machine, but they're all pretty powerful. As far as combat capabilities go perhaps Mai is somewhere in the same region as Hazama, whose body is also a grimoire and who has a Nox as a weapon.

On 2016-09-13 at 4:38 AM, Leiopelma said:

I too don't think that this is Platinum. The cowbell looks different from the one in both of Platinum's outfits and her hair is straight instead of being puffy.

jKxmlml.jpg

The difference isn't that big, Aside from the mark being slightly lower the cowbells are almost exact duplicates.

20 minutes ago, Calamitus said:

That was an interesting chapter. Looks like there are a lot more common elements between the Xblaze and the main BB universe than we suspected. First we see a Legacy Weapon and now an Embryo Storage unit.

Fuzzy is interesting too. I wonder if he's a true vampire or something else. So far we had only seen Rachel and Clavis as far as vampires go, so I wonder if these two are unique entities or is there are other vampires running around.

Chapter 3 of Variable Heart has been scanlated. Once again I took the liberty of uploading it as a zip file.

An interesting chapter; we learn more about what Mai has become. One thing I found intriguing was that Kajun said that Mai had lost her super-taste, but Central Fiction makes it clear she still has it. Perhaps something will happen in the manga that causes her grimoire to revert to its previous state. Though Arakune's system voice does call Mai "the Blank Grimoire", so it seems she's does remain that grimoire.

Looks like Mai's inner conflict in this series will be on whether she's still human or not, which rather resembles that of Noel in the main games after finding out she's a Prime Field Device. In chapter 2 Mai was really upset to be called a thing and in this one the thought that she was no longer human caused her to despair.

13 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

Chapter 3 of Variable Heart has been scanlated. Once again I took the liberty of uploading it as a zip file.

An interesting chapter; we learn more about what Mai has become. One thing I found intriguing was that Kajun said that Mai had lost her super-taste, but Central Fiction makes it clear she still has it. Perhaps something will happen in the manga that causes her grimoire to revert to its previous state. Though Arakune's system voice does call Mai "the Blank Grimoire", so it seems she's does remain that grimoire.

Looks like Mai's inner conflict in this series will be on whether she's still human or not, which rather resembles that of Noel in the main games after finding out she's a Prime Field Device. In chapter 2 Mai was really upset to be called a thing and in this one the thought that she was no longer human caused her to despair.

Thanks dude.

I dunno how much curiosity there is over the girl in the coffin, but in Central Fiction we learn:

Spoiler

Platinum's body was an empty vessel Jubei found in one of the labs he destroyed. He was planning to give it to Trinity. But then he found two other kids, Luna and Sena, in another lab. They were about to die, so Jubei and Trinity decided to give them the body instead.

I guess maybe Platinum's body could have been from the Es line. They sure did a lot of research on kids though. I always thought PFDs were teenaged.

1 hour ago, relic.nt said:

I dunno how much curiosity there is over the girl in the coffin, but in Central Fiction we learn:

Spoiler

The girls in question isn't a PFD. We learn in chapter 5 that she's called -Es- No.28. Looks like Embryo Storage units exist in the main BB universe as well.

As for Platinum, her body appears to be normal. XBlaze reveals that Es requires regular maintenance and that her body is different from that of a normal human.

On 2016-10-15 at 2:28 AM, Leiopelma said:

One thing I found intriguing was that Kajun said that Mai had lost her super-taste, but Central Fiction makes it clear she still has it. Perhaps something will happen in the manga that causes her grimoire to revert to its previous state. Though Arakune's system voice does call Mai "the Blank Grimoire", so it seems she's does remain that grimoire.

The comment about Mai having lost her supertaste is most likely a translation error.

24 minutes ago, VelvetHaze said:

The comment about Mai having lost her supertaste is most likely a translation error.

it's not

19 hours ago, zephyr07 said:

it's not

No, it is either a translation error or an error by the Japanese typesetter. The previous page tells us that Mai transformed into a girl and continued on the second page where it explained that it made her into a grimoire and made her lose her supertaste. But we know this is false as Mai was shown to have her supertaste when she was a girl.

Maybe it was a reference to Mai losing her intermediate grimoire ability? Or maybe it was supposed to say that she lost her normal taste and it was replaced by her supertaste. Until the takoboun is released we can't say for sure.

2 hours ago, VelvetHaze said:

No, it is either a translation error or an error by the Japanese typesetter. The previous page tells us that Mai transformed into a girl and continued on the second page where it explained that it made her into a grimoire and made her lose her supertaste. But we know this is false as Mai was shown to have her supertaste when she was a girl.

Maybe it was a reference to Mai losing her intermediate grimoire ability? Or maybe it was supposed to say that she lost her normal taste and it was replaced by her supertaste. Until the takoboun is released we can't say for sure.

22.jpg