Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

Lol I knew it that Rags would get some flashback about Saya due to Bell looks. It was somehow obvious. I am interested in who is that mysterious scientist who was holding Ragna. A random dude from Sector 7 or a new character. I guess (and hope) that fight will continue in next chapter too. It was so intense and I am amazed that Mai wasn't a bigger challenge for Ragna.

However maybe I am too strict or it's only my personal feel but the drawings looked better in Remix Heart. They were much more detailed.

Still waiting for 6 because I need Mai images for my icons lololol.

Ragna with that death stare just gives me more reason to like him. Ragna's childhood past before the Church wasn't that clear for me. Seeing him in a laboratory clothes makes me more curious.

So, at the end of Remix Heart Kajun said that Mai lost the Grimoire intermediary ability and returned to her super taste ability. In Variable Heart Kajun said that Mai lost her super taste ability. But in Central Fiction story mode Mai said she still has her super taste, and that Sector Seven has been unable to cure her. So, what is it then?

On 06/01/2017 at 4:16 PM, coreylee12 said:

Soooo im expecting a Ragna the Bloodegde vs Taro Sasagae fight in the next chapter then?

I really doubt that Taro would stand a chance against Ragna. He's a normal human with a normal Armagus. We've only seen him fight human opponents and he was completely outmatched by Jin. So no, I don't expect that to happen at all. If anything, I bet that Mai is more powerful than Taro since she has a Legacy Weapon and her body is a grimoire.

By the way, Sumeragi has posted a preview for chapter 8. (This preview makes it look like Kajun might be capable of fighting using the chemicals she carries with her.)

Chapter 8 summary: http://amatsumugi89.tumblr.com/post/155627587313/blazblue-variable-heart-chapter-8-taro-kajun-and

This chapter confirms that Fuzzy was a vampire. Also it does look like Kajun can fight, which makes sense since she is a field agent working for Kokonoe. One wouldn't expect her to be a fighting machine, but her having some combat capabilities makes sense.

1 hour ago, coreylee12 said:

nah man Remix Hearts ended years ago.

lol, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if they no longer print/sell the physical copies of Remix Heart, at least the first volumes.

On 12/19/2016 at 1:51 PM, Aegis High said:

So, at the end of Remix Heart Kajun said that Mai lost the Grimoire intermediary ability and returned to her super taste ability. In Variable Heart Kajun said that Mai lost her super taste ability. But in Central Fiction story mode Mai said she still has her super taste, and that Sector Seven has been unable to cure her. So, what is it then?

I know it's been nearly a month since you asked the question but since I just got back out from under my rock I figured I'd say my piece. The way I see it there are two possibilities. One is that Mori didn't take Variable Heart into as much consideration as necessary when writing Central Fiction (this is evidenced by Mai not recognizing Ragna in her victory quote despite meeting him twice already). Aside from the most important things like Mai having Outseal, joining Sector Seven and Bell being Platinum's body he might have just forgot about the super taste thing. The other, more positive, reason is that something might happen over the course of Variable Heart that restores Mai's super taste. We do know Mai retains her Blank Grimoire powers in CF since Kokonoe wanted her to stay away from Ragna's Azure Grimoire but it's possible her body still changed in some way.

On 11/01/2017 at 5:57 AM, kosmos badgirl said:

lol, that's not what I'm asking. I'm asking if they no longer print/sell the physical copies of Remix Heart, at least the first volumes.

Looking at the Japanese Amazon it seems that the first 3 volumes of Remix Heart are out of print.

On 13/01/2017 at 0:35 AM, Ogiga99 said:

We do know Mai retains her Blank Grimoire powers in CF since Kokonoe wanted her to stay away from Ragna's Azure Grimoire but it's possible her body still changed in some way.

Mai and Ragna recognize each other but they don't remember who the other person is. This chapter 6 summary makes it sound like Mai still has her super-taste since she says she can't taste normal food and loves Noel's cooking. It seems to me that there has been some mistake either in the original text or the translation of chapter 3. Mai never lost her super-taste ability in Remix Heart; what she did lose during the incident with Seifer was her Intermediary Grimoire ability. That's what Kajun ought to have been referring to in her explanation.

On 2017-01-14 at 4:31 PM, Leiopelma said:

This chapter 6 summary makes it sound like Mai still has her super-taste since she says she can't taste normal food and loves Noel's cooking. It seems to me that there has been some mistake either in the original text or the translation of chapter 3. Mai never lost her super-taste ability in Remix Heart; what she did lose during the incident with Seifer was her Intermediary Grimoire ability. That's what Kajun ought to have been referring to in her explanation.

I don't speak Japanese so I can't say for sure but the text for that page hasn't changed at all in the takoubon. So if it was an error in the actual script, nobody noticed the mistake and it was reproduced in the actual volume. So my money is on that it was a translation mistake.

On 1/12/2017 at 5:35 PM, Ogiga99 said:

One is that Mori didn't take Variable Heart into as much consideration as necessary when writing Central Fiction (this is evidenced by Mai not recognizing Ragna in her victory quote despite meeting him twice already).

I think this is probably the case. Ragna is also like who are you? even when sensing Mai's grimoire, and Platinum just has yet another wah my boobs are small type win quote. Even Mai doesn't seem to recognize Bell/Platinum.

1 hour ago, Tokkan said:

I can read Japanese: it is absolutely an error in the original script and not a translation mistake.

I'm inclined to think that Kajun was meant to refer to Mai's Intermediary Grimoire power. That is what Mai lost during the incident with Seifer, which is what Kajun was referring to in that scene. Mai was explicitly said to still have her supertaste ability at the end of Remix Heart and her dialog in Variable Heart and Central Fiction made it sound like she still had it in both series. In order to assume that Mai lost and regained her power, we'd have to ignore both what was said at the end of RH and Mai's comment in VH to Bell that she can't taste normal food. It's simpler to assume that she never lost that power.

1 hour ago, deaddestspike said:

I think this is probably the case. Ragna is also like who are you? even when sensing Mai's grimoire, and Platinum just has yet another wah my boobs are small type win quote. Even Mai doesn't seem to recognize Bell/Platinum.

Ragna's system voice wonders where he has met Mai before and Mai in her victory quote also realizes she has met Ragna before. One might have expected them to remember each other better, but I guess that both of them were busy and got into a lot of fights so they didn't remember their meetings very well.

Platinum is explicitly said not to have memories of her time as Bell by Mai in Mai's arcade mode, so it makes sense that her victory and system voice don't say anything specific about Mai. But Mai does refer to Platinum as "Platinum-chan" in both her system voice and her win quote, which shows that she knows who Platinum is. If Mori didn't care about Variable Heart, he wouldn't have bothered with the meeting between Mai and Platinum which was a clear reference to VH. The fact Mai was with Sector Seven was also a reference to the events in VH.

I would think Ragna would remember the girl who stopped him from killing a prime field device, and Mai would remember the man who has the Azure Grimoire. It's not like it takes place in Act 1 or 2 where everyone is still under the memory alteration--it's just strange that these events happen in VH yet her win quotes, Ragna's, or Platinum's don't reference it all, and it adds to the discrepancies between her in VH and CF. Maybe they were written before VH was planned out fully or without consideration of VH. Es vs. Ragna and Naoto are a little strange as well.

48 minutes ago, deaddestspike said:

I would think Ragna would remember the girl who stopped him from killing a prime field device, and Mai would remember the man who has the Azure Grimoire. It's not like it takes place in Act 1 or 2 where everyone is still under the memory alteration--it's just strange that these events happen in VH yet her win quotes, Ragna's, or Platinum's don't reference it all, and it adds to the discrepancies between her in VH and CF. Maybe they were written before VH was planned out fully or without consideration of VH. Es vs. Ragna and Naoto are a little strange as well.

I would have expected Ragna and Mai to remember each other more clearly, but the fact they don't is not a discrepancy between VH and CF. What did you expect from Mai vs Platinum? Platinum doesn't have memories from her time as Bell and Mai makes it clear she knows who Platinum is in her victory quote. There's no need for Mai to say "hello Platinum who used to be Bell that I spent time with" in her victory quote; all that was discussed in Mai's arcade route.

It's pretty obvious that they did take VH into consideration since CF refers to events that took place in VH that had yet to occur in the manga when the game was released, such as Mai calling Platinum Bell. Also Mai said that Platinum had no memories from her time as Bell, that she gave her to Jubei to raise and that she joined Sector Seven under Kokonoe, all of which have yet to happen in VH. So I do believe that there already was at the very least a complete outline of VH that they referred to when writing the story of CF. Also Terumi and Relius make comments that the No Name grimoire is incomplete, which I'm guessing is a reference to the fact that Mai never became an Azure Grimoire.

The only thing that could be considered a discrepancy is Kajun's supertaste comment, which is contradicted by RH, VH and CF rather than just CF.