Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

16 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Mai in her victory quote against Kagura asks where Taro is, which embarrasses her. The fact she doesn't know his whereabouts and that she's embarrassed to ask makes it abundantly clear that there has been no romantic development between the two. After all if they were a couple she wouldn't be embarrassed to ask about him and one might expect her to know what he has been up to.

Jin and Tsubaki was the most blatant and obvious pairing in the entire franchise and neither of them were crazy or brainwashed when CF ended but nonetheless they weren't shown together in the end. I suggest you give up hoping for a Taro/Mai ship; Taro's main function in Mai's story was to make her realize that she's attracted to men and thus come to the conclusion that she was no longer a boy in the body of a girl, but instead that her mind had also become that of a girl. That caused an identity crisis in Mai, pushed her to seek Seifer's help and eventually paved the way for her to fully accept herself as a woman. Beyond that, the romance with Taro was an afterthought; Remix Heart almost entirely focused on Mai's relationship with her friends.

Well for starters no I will not give up on the ship. Secondly,Her not knowing where he is and being embarrassed to ask his cousin does not imply there is no romance development. I would be embarrassed as well if I had to ask my crush's relative where he was for innocuous reasons.  We would have to wait and see in the later chapters but variable heart looks to be atleast pushing taro to be more that just "a guy whos there to make mai realize shes attracted to men." and third I didnt really say Jin and Tsubaki were mind controlled, It was true that they weren't in their right mind set do to the influence of the power of order so..yeah. But anyway, back to variable hearts :)

23 hours ago, Toxin45 said:

To be fair mori did wanted to show Jin and tsubaki together it's just that it was cut because he thought that would be redundant.

Yeah you're going to have to give me a source for that because I've never heard it and it's a pretty big claim.

Even if that is true that is pretty stupid. Just because we know they're a thing it doesn't mean it isn't nice to actually see it happen onscreen. There is nothing redundant about a cute happy ending, especially for someone like Jin who doesn't show happiness much. I swear Japanese media has this weird aversion towards romantic resolution, no matter how blatantly a ship is teased. The only exception seems to be when they do a time skip to feature the children of those characters (yet another reason why I want Jin and Tsubaki's kid to be the new protagonist).

1 hour ago, Ogiga99 said:

Yeah you're going to have to give me a source for that because I've never heard it and it's a pretty big claim.

Even if that is true that is pretty stupid. Just because we know they're a thing it doesn't mean it isn't nice to actually see it happen onscreen. There is nothing redundant about a cute happy ending, especially for someone like Jin who doesn't show happiness much. I swear Japanese media has this weird aversion towards romantic resolution, no matter how blatantly a ship is teased. The only exception seems to be when they do a time skip to feature the children of those characters (yet another reason why I want Jin and Tsubaki's kid to be the new protagonist).

It is from zedar's tumblr but you can ask him yourself Although I have a hard time finding it on his blog page.

.http://amatsumugi89.tumblr.com/

If that dosen't work try this http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2016/10/26/102963_2.html make sure to translate it.

Here's the summary for chapter 9: http://amatsumugi89.tumblr.com/post/156980213618/blazblue-variable-heart-chapter-9-kajun-tells

If found this to be an interesting action-filled chapter. Fuzzy is really powerful since he's able to take on all the other characters including Ragna. Nice to learn that the dragon in Mai's stage is the one summoned by Fuzzy and I'm looking forward to seeing Mai use Outseal. Also, it seems that the Azure is able to influence Mai since she got entranced by it and Bell had to snap her out of it. I guess that's a side-effect from her becoming the Blank Grimoire.

Here's Amatsumugi/Zedar's summary of chapter 10.

8 hours ago, Calamitus said:

This battle vs Fuzzy drags on too long. They will fight Meifang in chapter 90 at this rate.

Do you seriously think it will be that long? Variable Heart will probably be around the same length as Remix Heart, which was 25 chapters if I remember correctly. Regardless, the fight seems to be winding down since Mai is the only one who can make the kill and only has one or two shots of Outseal left. I imagine it will be no more than two chapters before the fight is over. Honestly this manga doesn't seem like it's going to have that much more happen in it. There are only three things that we still need to see.

1. How Meifang ends up being defeated.
  2. How Bell ends up in the state that she will be in for Jubei and Trinity to put Luna and Sena's souls inside her empty body.
  3. How Mai ends up staying with Sector Seven and what happens with Taro and Shiori as a result.

They can easily do that in 15 chapters.

It's interesting to see that Mai's spear has the ability to kill immortals like the Izayoi. Outseal has a very powerful ability, I think that makes sense since it was designed during the Prime Field War in order to kill PFDs. I suppose that the fact it could have potentially been used to kill Noel during CF never came up because none of the characters who wanted to kill Noel knew of its abilities. People like Jin, Hakumen or Hibiki knew of Izayoi and tried to obtain that in order to kill Noel instead.

9 hours ago, Calamitus said:

This battle vs Fuzzy drags on too long. They will fight Meifang in chapter 90 at this rate.

The fight has been going of for 3 chapters so far and will probably end next chapter. I don't think that 4 chapters is particularly long.

6 minutes ago, Leiopelma said:

It's interesting to see that Mai's spear has the ability to kill immortals like the Izayoi. Outseal has a very powerful ability, I think that makes sense since it was designed during the Prime Field War in order to kill PFDs. I suppose that the fact it could have potentially been used to kill Noel during CF never came up because none of the characters who wanted to kill Noel knew of its abilities. People like Jin, Hakumen or Hibiki knew of Izayoi and tried to obtain that in order to kill Noel instead.

The fight has been going of for 3 chapters so far and will probably end next chapter. I don't think that 4 chapters is particularly long.

Do we know Outseal was made during the Prime Field War? I thought only Izayoi was confirmed to be made during it. Hihiirokane was made before it in the Age of Origin and I'm pretty sure the timeframe for the creation of all the Legacy Weapons (including the original Outseal) is still unknown. I might be wrong about this but if you could provide a source that'd be great.

I think the problem (even if I don't agree with it) is that Variable Heart is a monthly series. 3 chapters feels like a really long time because the fights been going on for 3 months from our perspective. I'm sure it will feel much more naturally paced on reread once it's completed.

3 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

Do you seriously think it will be that long? Variable Heart will probably be around the same length as Remix Heart, which was 25 chapters if I remember correctly. Regardless, the fight seems to be winding down since Mai is the only one who can make the kill and only has one or two shots of Outseal left. I imagine it will be no more than two chapters before the fight is over. Honestly this manga doesn't seem like it's going to have that much more happen in it. There are only three things that we still need to see.

I'm over-exaggerating but still it takes too long. In Remix Heart they managed to resolve final conflict with the antogonist in 2-3 chapters. While here 5 characters can't deal with a single one during 4 chapters. I agree that it does not seem that there will be many more events, but Mori can always throw something out of nowhere (just like Fuzzy). I'm curious what Ragna means by Fuzzy being another "imitation" (another Relius work?).

2 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

It's not just this battle, Mai basically stuck in the same place since chapter 5. Just as Ogiga mentioned earlier they release one chapter per month which makes scenes like this one drag much longer than they really do.

Since Mai's spear now has immortal breaker that kinda ruins tsubaki and izayoi's uniqness and to add salt to the would Mai actually uses it kill something unlike tsubaki.

Outseal's "Immortal Breaker" is probably along the lines of Hakumen's Time Killer, It can kill them but they have a chance to save themselves through self-observation like Terumi did, while Izayoi's Immortal Breaker would kill them outright observation or not, unless they had the Power of Order or were death itself.

On 09/03/2017 at 7:51 PM, Ogiga99 said:

Do we know Outseal was made during the Prime Field War? I thought only Izayoi was confirmed to be made during it. Hihiirokane was made before it in the Age of Origin and I'm pretty sure the timeframe for the creation of all the Legacy Weapons (including the original Outseal) is still unknown. I might be wrong about this but if you could provide a source that'd be great.

Are you referring to the original Izayoi? Because the Izayoi that Tsubaki uses is an Armagus whose design was based on the original.

Nine was said in CF to have based the construction of the Noxes on Legacy Weapons created during the Prime Field War in order to fight PFDs. It's why Ragna thinks that Outseal is similar to a Nox in chapter 10, which causes Kajun to say that it's Noxes that are similar to Legacy Weapons. And Kajun's comment in chapter 3 about Legacy Weapons being created to fight beings on a higher existence must be a reference to the Prime Field War.

What source do you have that Hihiirokane was made before that war by the way? All I remember seeing in Phase Shift is that it had been passed down in Jubei's village for generations.

34 minutes ago, TenielX said:

Outseal's "Immortal Breaker" is probably along the lines of Hakumen's Time Killer, It can kill them but they have a chance to save themselves through self-observation like Terumi did, while Izayoi's Immortal Breaker would kill them outright observation or not, unless they had the Power of Order or were death itself.

You have nothing to base that claim on. There's no reason to think that the Immortal Breaker ability of Outseal is different from that of Izayoi. If you want something that makes Izayoi special, it's its power to deploy a barrier that blocks Observation.

On 2017-01-20 at 1:37 AM, Ogiga99 said:

Platinum should not remember Mai at all. Bell is a different soul from Luna and Sena and according to Jubei and Trinity's explanation, was lost before Luna and Sena entered her body.

No, there is no proof of this being true. We still don't know if it is Bell's body, or if Bell is Luna's soul in a different body. Rather, don't you think Mai would be more depressed if the little girl she knew had just been used as spare parts for some other people?

On 2017-01-28 at 6:43 PM, coreylee12 said:

Well for starters no I will not give up on the ship. Secondly,Her not knowing where he is and being embarrassed to ask his cousin does not imply there is no romance development. I would be embarrassed as well if I had to ask my crush's relative where he was for innocuous reasons.

Having a crush on somebody and being in love with them doesn't mean that you are in a relationship. So while the two can indeed be shipped, it is doubtful that it happened in VH.

On 2017-01-28 at 1:31 AM, Leiopelma said:

I suggest you give up hoping for a Taro/Mai ship; Taro's main function in Mai's story was to make her realize that she's attracted to men and thus come to the conclusion that she was no longer a boy in the body of a girl, but instead that her mind had also become that of a girl. That caused an identity crisis in Mai, pushed her to seek Seifer's help and eventually paved the way for her to fully accept herself as a woman. Beyond that, the romance with Taro was an afterthought; Remix Heart almost entirely focused on Mai's relationship with her friends.

Why give up on the ship? While it is true that the focus was never on the relationship, does that really matter? Her feelings for him seemed to be genuine and he seemed to return them, more so in VH where he has been shown to really worry about her.

On 2017-03-09 at 10:28 AM, Calamitus said:

How is that a problem? It means more content and more pages!

On 2017-03-09 at 10:28 AM, Calamitus said:

In Remix Heart they managed to resolve final conflict with the antagonist in 2-3 chapters.

Yes, and that was pretty awful. Even in a normal manga having the final boss fight only span 2-3 chapter is pretty weak... but in a manga based on a fighting game? If anything shouldn't the fights be even longer and more spectacular?

On 2017-03-09 at 10:16 PM, Calamitus said:

I'm curious what Ragna means by Fuzzy being another "imitation"

Knowing Ragna it could be that he is just comparing Fuzzy to Rachel. Any vampire he met would be compared to her.

On 2017-01-17 at 7:26 AM, Tokkan said:

I can read Japanese: it is absolutely an error in the original script and not a translation mistake.

Wow. That's awful then. Could you write Sumeragi on her twitter and tell her about the mistake and that it wasn't fixed in the actual takoboun?

5 hours ago, VelvetHaze said:

No, there is no proof of this being true. We still don't know if it is Bell's body, or if Bell is Luna's soul in a different body. Rather, don't you think Mai would be more depressed if the little girl she knew had just been used as spare parts for some other people?

Yes, we do know this is true. In Mai's arcade mode she sees Platinum and calls her Bell, before remembering she goes by Platinum now. Why would she think Platinum is Bell unless that is Bell's body. Furthermore, when Jubei and Trinity explain Platinum's origin they mention that the vessel was empty, meaning Bell's soul is not in the body. Furthermore, I'm pretty sure they say Luna and Sena are humans near death, so how could Luna be Bell?

19 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Are you referring to the original Izayoi? Because the Izayoi that Tsubaki uses is an Armagus whose design was based on the original.

Nine was said in CF to have based the construction of the Noxes on Legacy Weapons created during the Prime Field War in order to fight PFDs. It's why Ragna thinks that Outseal is similar to a Nox in chapter 10, which causes Kajun to say that it's Noxes that are similar to Legacy Weapons. And Kajun's comment in chapter 3 about Legacy Weapons being created to fight beings on a higher existence must be a reference to the Prime Field War.

What source do you have that Hihiirokane was made before that war by the way? All I remember seeing in Phase Shift is that it had been passed down in Jubei's village for generations.

No, Tsubaki has the original Izayoi. There is no replica.

In CF Nine also says that Izayoi was one of the weapons that was used during the Prime Field War, which coincides with Phase Shift where she goes into more detail about it. In Phase Shift 3 Chapter 1 she mentions the war several hundred years ago fought against something conventional weapons could not work against. I will provide a few quotes. This is also where it is confirmed that Hihiirokane was made before the war with Izayoi (in the Age of Origin).

"I've found the weapon that had been used to fight that something in Ishana."

A weapon created by humanity to fight the something that couldn't be damaged by conventional weapons at start.

"Your village has the same kind of weapon, doesn't it?"

Her question was directed to Jubei. He was deeply aware that Nine didn't have any ill intention, but Jubei unconsciously frowned.

"Hihi'irokane..."

The ancient weapon itself originated from the age of beginning and had been handed down within Jubei's family.

It wasn't currently in the possession of Jubei's family for a reason, but Jubei never knew that it was intended to fight that something which resembled Black Beast.

"The one I found in Ishana was more recently made. According to the few remains of record, its name is..."

Before Nine could tell the name of the relic...

"...The Sealed Weapon Izayoi."

Hakumen murmured and shook the heavy atmosphere.

This is the Izayoi that would be passed down the Yayoi family and is the weapon that Nine based the Nox of off. Furthermore, even if Legacy Weapons were made during the Prime Field War, that doesn't mean all of them were from that time. Nothing confirms whether or not Izayoi (the spear), Murakumo, Kusanagi or Outseal specifically came from the Prime FIeld War when this type of thing has existed since long before that, as proven by Hihiirokane.

On 09/03/2017 at 10:16 PM, Calamitus said:

I'm curious what Ragna means by Fuzzy being another "imitation" (another Relius work?).

Yeah, it made me think that Fuzzy is an artificial vampire created by the NOL. I suppose it could be Relius who did it. But of course neither Clavis nor Rachel are really "natural" either. Clavis was created by an unnamed human and he in turn created Rachel. There doesn't seem to be a race of vampires in BB just are there doesn't seem to be a race of werewolves. The examples that exist are unique entities.

9 hours ago, Ogiga99 said:

This is the Izayoi that would be passed down the Yayoi family and is the weapon that Nine based the Nox of off. Furthermore, even if Legacy Weapons were made during the Prime Field War, that doesn't mean all of them were from that time. Nothing confirms whether or not Izayoi (the spear), Murakumo, Kusanagi or Outseal specifically came from the Prime FIeld War when this type of thing has existed since long before that, as proven by Hihiirokane.

Fair enough, it's possible that Outseal predates the Prime Field War, since Kajun doesn't explicitly state it was created at that time. But the Izayoi we see in XBlaze looks very different and has very different abilities from the Izayoi in Blazblue. And the latter Izayoi is called an Armagus instead of a Legacy Weapon. The Xblaze and main BB worlds diverged long after the creation of Izayoi, so both worlds should have originally had the same weapon. I suppose that Nine might have radically modified it and turned it into an Armagus, but even if that were the case, the two are now pretty different.

PS: Regarding the final adjustments that need to be done on Outseal that Kajun mentioned in chapter 3, my guess is that they have to take place next to a Cauldron and that's the reason they're going to Kagutsuchi.

On 3/12/2017 at 6:05 AM, Leiopelma said:

Fair enough, it's possible that Outseal predates the Prime Field War, since Kajun doesn't explicitly state it was created at that time. But the Izayoi we see in XBlaze looks very different and has very different abilities from the Izayoi in Blazblue. And the latter Izayoi is called an Armagus instead of a Legacy Weapon. The Xblaze and main BB worlds diverged long after the creation of Izayoi, so both worlds should have originally had the same weapon. I suppose that Nine might have radically modified it and turned it into an Armagus, but even if that were the case, the two are now pretty different.

I'm aware that the BlazBlue and XBlaze Izayoi's are very different (hence why I specified the spear). That is because they are two different weapons, even if they both exist in the same world. Remember the terms Murakumo and Kusanagi are also reused. All the Sealed Weapon: Izayoi means is that Armagus in some form existed before Nine's time. She did say she was "reviving" the technique after all.