Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

4 hours ago, Danaiden said:

It's already possible to order it on Amazon Japan: https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/4040721160/ref=cm_sw_r_tw_dp_x_Cpleyb5YZK93V

EDIT: Here is also a bigger higher-resolution version of the advertisement
CvtD81bWEAAykyz.jpg:orig

Bigger yes, but the quality might me lower. The smaller version is in PNG, larger one in JPEG. In this case however both versions are of pretty low quality. The JPEG one is riddled with heavy JPEG artifacts, but the PNG version is blurry as hell. Hopefully the volume cover will have a scan that is a lot better, that or somebody will find a better quality version of this image later.

4 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Here's a summary of Mai's arcade mode. It looks like I was wrong and the PFD we see in VH does in fact end up becoming Platinum. I wonder whether Relius' comment about Mai remaining incomplete refer to her not becoming an Azure Grimoire.

By the way, here are Mai's special interactions with the rest of the roster.

First link is broken (double http://).

7 hours ago, Leiopelma said:

Thanks. By the way, here's Mai's arcade mode in English. Watch it before it's gone:

She called Platinum "Bell"? And it seems this Bell person got its memories erased.

8 hours ago, heavymetalmixer said:

She called Platinum "Bell"? And it seems this Bell person got its memories erased.

Bell is presumably what Mai nicknamed the PFD she met in chapter 5 of Variable Heart. Either that is the body in which Luna and Sena got put into, would explain why Platinum doesn't remember the events of VH, or the PFD is Luna before her soul got transferred into another body and she somehow lost her memories. The latter would explain why Mai treats them as the same person and why she's happy that Luna is more expressive; the PFD we saw in the manga has been pretty emotionless so far.

3 hours ago, VermilionBird said:

Seems to confirm that Platinum is Bell before she housed the souls of Luna and Sena.

That seems fairly likely; though there's also the possibility that Luna is Bell's soul.

The fact that Ragna called Bell a thing and said he will destroy "it" will be sure to infuriate Mai considering how much she hates it when people are treated like objects. I guess we'll be seeing a fight between Ragna and Mai in the next chapter. Though it might get interrupted by Fuzzy or maybe by Kajun, Taro and Shiori.

1 minute ago, Leiopelma said:

The fact that Ragna called Bell a thing and said he will destroy "it" will be sure to infuriate Mai considering how much she hates it when people are treated like objects. I guess we'll be seeing a fight between Ragna and Mai in the next chapter.

As much as I'd love to see it, neither Mai nor Ragna recognise each other in their CF win quotes. Also, it's too dangerous according to Kokonoe for Mai to get close to the Azure Grimoire. 

I think it's more likely that someone's gonna intervene before it happens.

1 hour ago, VermilionBird said:

As much as I'd love to see it, neither Mai nor Ragna recognise each other in their CF win quotes. Also, it's too dangerous according to Kokonoe for Mai to get close to the Azure Grimoire. 

I think it's more likely that someone's gonna intervene before it happens.

But Ragna's system voice shows that he knows he has met Mai before but doesn't remember where, as does Mai's win quote against him. And Mai actually fought against Hazama who is an Azure grimoire with no adverse effects. I think Kokonoe was just being overcautious when she told Mai to stay away from Ragna.

PS: The scene in this chapter where Mai was overcome by how cute Bell is and started hugging her to the point Bell wanted to get Mai off her was very cute. And it really showed how much Mai has changed compared to the start of Remix Heart when she was extremely shy and would have never tried to do something like that.

Just now, Leiopelma said:

But Ragna's system voice shows that he knows he has met Mai before but doesn't remember where, as does Mai's win quote against him.

They did meet during Remix Heart.

Ragna looks so baddas with his "death-sentence" facial expression. I never would have thought they will put him in the story so QUICKLY :O Now I am interesded if it's only a small cameo or he will get a bigger role.

1 hour ago, Leiopelma said:

Though it might get interrupted by Fuzzy

If there is going to be any fight in the next chapter I bet that Rags will help Mai (like he did in "Remix Heart") and beat Fuzzy. If he was able to spar Arakune's life (cause Litchi asked) then it might be the same story with Bell and because we have had many "Saya" issues recently (the last novel, Tenjo duh) then I won't be really surprised if Ragna gets a flashback about own sister (I excluded that "Bell = Platinum", how he treated Platinum in the game, possiblity that she might be a vessel for Trinity etc. etc.)

10 minutes ago, VermilionBird said:

They did meet during Remix Heart.

Sure. But according to Zedar's summary Mai has already recognized him so they have in effect already seen each other a second time.

9 minutes ago, Kenji Harima said:

If there is going to be any fight in the next chapter I bet that Rags will help Mai (like he did in "Remix Heart") and beat Fuzzy. If he was able to spar Arakune's life (cause Litchi asked) then it might be the same story with Bell and because we have had many "Saya" issues recently (the last novel, Tenjo duh) then I won't be really surprised if Ragna gets a flashback about own sister. 

A fight between them isn't certain of course, but Ragna calling Bell a thing is sure to piss Mai off and she will do what she can to defend Bell. Unless someone like Fuzzy interferes a fight between them seems extremely likely. Also, Ragna's mission in CT was to destroy PFDs, so I bet that he will be more intent on destroying Bell than he was against a random seithr monster he came across in the sewers. Though of course the existence of Platinum shows that he won't actually end up doing it for whatever reason.

Lets not forget that they did this exact clickb8 in Remix Heart only for us to realize that Ragna gets shafted in a comical way right away in the next chapter like when he was dumped away in that trash chute just so they can prevent any more interaction with Mai.

But really, I'd prefer if he does something this time or gets more screen time which I highly doubt.

Mai might meet Trinity towards the end of the series. That definitely would be awesome. Relius Clover will definitely be another antagonist in Variable Heart in the later half.