Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

LOL this chapter is also called "Chapter 22". What the actual fuck? Of course the difference being, this is chapter 22 with the numbers written in kanji whereas last month's the "22" was in Arabic numerals.

Seifer's alchemy is very Fullmetal Alchemist-esque.

Why is there two "Chapter 22" s?

Hmmm... might have something to do with the fact chapters 18 and 18.5 were combined into a single chapter in volume 3.

Im kinda curious what happens to Taro near the end.

In CP they said both Mai & Taro dissapeared, so I'm gonna assume he has some level of importance in the story.

Any word on the new chapter?

Hmmm... well here's a summary.

After Mai awakens, she quickly notices the Truth Grimoire and figures out that everyone knows her secret. When the barrier starts to compress, Mai touches her tongue with the tips of her fingers and then touches the barrier, destroying it. Jin reacts to the power of Azure within Mai and then Taro looks at her with a worried sort of face. Seifer begins to explain his goal of merging with the BurningRed like some cheesy cartoon villain explaining his plans. He doesn't react very well when everyone criticises him for going to all that trouble "just for that".

And then we begin the Mai VS Seifer fight. Seifer uses Alchemy. It is Super Effective. Mai can make swords appear out of thin air. Then comes the taunting, Seifer tells Mai she's a shallow human being who's been fooling her friends by keeping an important secret from them. He also said if she keeps using her powers as she is now, then she'll become a complete vessel for the power of Azure and will be made permanently female. "But if you give me that (your heart), I can return you to being a man."

Mai becomes too scared of what her friends think of her formerly being a man and doesn't even want to look at them, but then suddenly they all come hugging her from behind.

Cajun:"It's okay for you to turn around."

Makoto:"Sorry Mai. You've been suffering all along. We had no idea about the pain in your heart."

Noel:"But we can talk about this properly. We can do that after this is over."

Tsubaki:"We're your friends, Mai."

Shiori:"Yeah! No matter what...!"

After this we go to a scene within Mai's mind where her male self in child form appears and asks her who she is. She replies by saying "It's alright... It doesn't matter who I am, because..." and the both Mais say "I am me" at once with their respective pronouns (watashi for female Mai, boku for male Mai). Mai recognises that she likes "the current me that is right here" and charges off, giving Seifer what appears to be a fatal blow. But then the ground beneath them begins to collapse. Seifer makes a comment on how Mai has a good state of fusion and then Mai falls and is seemingly teleported away. CLIFFHANGER, TO BE CONTINUED IN JULY ISSUE.

In CP they said both Mai & Taro dissapeared, so I'm gonna assume he has some level of importance in the story.

Taro isn't said to have disappeared. Only Mai was said to have disappeared.

Wow!! That a lot to process. The ending seems that Rachel/Valkenhyn (I forgot how to spell his name) are involved. Unless it's Kokonoe.

Also, materializing swords? Is that Jin's thing?

Even though nothing is said about Taro's fate, the fact that he and Mai are the only Remix Heart characters mentioned in the main series (also Mai and Taro are also the only original characters appearing in Noel's flashbacks in the new BlazBlue manga) does indicate that he's important. One explanation that immediately suggests itself of course is that the two of them appear because they ended up becoming a couple. Seeing as how Mai's fate was left a mystery in CP, I think it's quite possible that the two of them will be showing up in the final game.

It is obvious both of them are in the final game. I wonder if Mai and Taro still have the same personality. Remix Heart will ending soon ,so again, I hope they close up loose ends before the last game comes up.

Mai would make an awesome playable character now, seeing how the recent chapter played out.

It is obvious both of them are in the final game.

Despite the fact that the fourth game hasn't even been announced? Makes sense.

Just correcting myself on this chapter.

Seifer said "lend me your heart" not "give me your heart". (Not much of difference.)

Young Male Mai asks who female Mai will become rather than who female Mai is.

I'm pretty sure Rachel or Valkenhyn teleported Mai seeing how it looks like when it happened. And also, they are the only ones that can do it at that time. I wonder what would be Mai's reaction when seeing Rachel.

Ok so I pretty much gave up on this manga, but where I last left off Jin was about to attack Noel because he thought she was Ragna or something like that. I just wanted to know if Ragna has appeared in any of the other chapters that I have missed.

Ok so I pretty much gave up on this manga, but where I last left off Jin was about to attack Noel because he thought she was Ragna or something like that. I just wanted to know if Ragna has appeared in any of the other chapters that I have missed.

Not really.

Next chapter will be out tomorrow (YA!!) I hope the next chapter is "Chapter 23".

Last chapter was Chapter 23, it was called "22" by mistake in the regular Age Premium, but they corrected it in NicoNico Age Premium.

Edit: This new chapter is apparently the final chapter.

Edit: Yep. It's the end. Seifer gets killed by Hazama. Mai also lost the power of the "Intermediary Grimoire" because Seifer successfully stole her fragment of Azure (which ended up being a futile effort), it got downgraded to regular "supertaste" again. Shiori appeared to have died protecting Mai but it was a fakeout, she was alive in the end.

Wow, pretty abrupt way to end.

How did Shiori "died"? Seifer got what he deserve for being a bastard. Who teleported Mai? Also, anything else interesting?

Kind of downer that Mai went back to being a "side character". Ruins her chance in being a playable character in the next BB.

So is Mai permanently a girl or what, because that's really the only thing I care about at this point.