Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

Wow, pretty abrupt way to end.

How did Shiori "died"? Seifer got what he deserve for being a bastard. Who teleported Mai? Also, anything else interesting?

Kind of downer that Mai went back to being a "side character". Ruins her chance in being a playable character in the next BB.

1. She got in the way of an attack Seifer intended for Mai.

2. Seifer was the one who teleported her.

3. Looks like Estella McKenzie works for Kagura... Also Cajun was sent to Torifune by Kokonoe specifically the find the BurningRed. Since Hazama took the incomplete BurningRed that Seifer made, this mission is considered a failure.

4. Nah, Mai still has NoName (and it apparently got even stronger after loosing the surge of Azure) and the ending basically implies the story isn't really over.

So is Mai permanently a girl or what, because that's really the only thing I care about at this point.

Never confirmed or denied. Mai's still a girl though, this did not change at all.

That was pretty evident from the beginning.

It had more faffing about than High School of the Dead and about as much fan service as well.

This is what happens when Mori wants to write a High School AU, but doesn't wanna focus on any of the established characters. This manga could have easily been about either Noel, Tsubaki, or Makoto and their time in the academy, and while it still would have been a stupid fanservice trite, we'd at least be following characters we know.

I'll wait for the short summary of the chapter for the time being.

It seems Mai saw parts of Seifer's memories when he lost control of the Azure fragment.

Like always, Hazama lets Mai live cause there's no need to kill her.

The ending was rather anticlimactic. I was expecting Hazama to make an appearance since he was coming over to seize that grimoire, but the way they handled it was somewhat disappointing. It would have been better to have had a chapter or two of denouement. Does this chapter touch upon Mai's relationship with Taro?

So is Mai permanently a girl or what, because that's really the only thing I care about at this point.

Mai stayed a girl. She completed her fusion with the Nameless Grimoire in chapter 22 and accepted that she was still the same person even after the transformation in chapter 23. Besides, as CP indicates, Mai was still a girl at least when she graduated. (And since the heir to the Hazuki family is still missing in CP we can assume that Mai remained a girl since she'd have no reason not to return if she became male again.)

Thank the Gods.

I think it's quite possible that Mai (and possibly Taro) will be appearing in the final game. The manga didn't appear to resolve what happened between them and CP left it a mystery what happened to Mai after she graduated. It seems likely that they'll want to resolve these. Plus, the fact they retconned Mai and Taro in Noel's flashbacks in the new Blazblue manga indicates that they are seen at least as somewhat significant.

I think it's quite possible that Mai (and possibly Taro) will be appearing in the final game. The manga didn't appear to resolve what happened between them and CP left it a mystery what happened to Mai after she graduated. It seems likely that they'll want to resolve these. Plus, the fact they retconned Mai and Taro in Noel's flashbacks in the new Blazblue manga indicates that they are seen at least as somewhat significant.

I don't mind them being an NPC but if i will see another playable character who "fights for friendship and justice", i will be greatly disappointed in this game for sure. Even Seifer (half-assed Relius) is more interesting choice since this game lacks "bad" characters.

I still have no idea what was the point of all of this honestly. Ok, so this manga explored the fact that there are other grimoires out there beside Ragna's, and that they can take different forms...and yet, by the end of it, nothing is accomplished.

Maybe Mai becomes a plot-device-person-something in the next BB?

Or maybe the manga was made because of the worlds most stupid and simple reason: MONEY

I don't mind them being an NPC but if i will see another playable character who "fights for friendship and justice", i will be greatly disappointed in this game for sure. Even Seifer (half-assed Relius) is more interesting choice since this game lacks "bad" characters.

I think that Mai would be more relevant if added as a playable character than adding a random new character since she already has an established backstory and knows most of the main characters. One possibility is managing to get herself reinstated as the heir or taking over her family in order to help Kagura implement his new governing system, as the Hazuki family is one of the few noble families (or perhaps the only noble family after Tsubaki and Jin signed up) that aren't on board with his plan. I think that would be more relevant to the main storyline than say Amane's attempts to get his hands on a little boy or Bullet's quest for answers to what happened to her squad (which at best is tangentially linked to Tager).

I still have no idea what was the point of all of this honestly. Ok, so this manga explored the fact that there are other grimoires out there beside Ragna's, and that they can take different forms...and yet, by the end of it, nothing is accomplished.

Personally I overall enjoyed it and liked Mai as a character. It wasn't a masterpiece but I liked it for what it was. If you didn't like any aspect of this manga then fair enough. For the overall story one could argue it showed what the Military Academy was like (the answer being that it functioned suspiciously similar to a late 20th century Japanese high school) and what the student years of Makoto, Noel, Tsubaki and Jin, which played a major role in their development, were like.

I think that Mai would be more relevant if added as a playable character than adding a random new character since she already has an established backstory and knows most of the main characters. One possibility is managing to get herself reinstated as the heir or taking over her family in order to help Kagura implement his new governing system, as the Hazuki family is one of the few noble families (or perhaps the only noble family after Tsubaki and Jin signed up) that aren't on board with his plan. I think that would be more relevant to the main storyline than say Amane's attempts to get his hands on a little boy or Bullet's quest for answers to what happened to her squad (which at best is tangentially linked to Tager).

The world is in ruins after "peaceful" resignation of the Imperator, i dont think they need Duodecim's unity anymore. There is no need for Hazuki family unless Mori plans  to add something else. Also, main reason of Amane's inclusion is his observer status and possibly his future actions toward Amaterasu, i guess.

The world is in ruins after "peaceful" resignation of the Imperator, i dont think they need Duodecim's unity anymore. There is no need for Hazuki family unless Mori plans  to add something else. Also, main reason of Amane's inclusion is his observer status and possibly his future actions toward Amaterasu, i guess.

Kagura et al. want to use the Master Unit to reverse Izanami's actions. Duodecim unity could come handy after that, assuming they pull it off.

Edit: The fact that Mai's former noble house was specifically singled out as not being allied with Kagura is suggestive that she might get involved I think.

At least its over, I'd feel better if I didn't know Mori was going to try and shoeforn some elements of it into the canon tho.

At least its over, I'd feel better if I didn't know Mori was going to try and shoeforn some elements of it into the canon tho.

What do you mean? Everything contained in the manga is already canonical. Do you mean getting into the main games? That ship has already sailed more or less.

Why the specific dislike for elements of this manga by the way? It didn't seem to me to go beyond the stuff that was already in the main game, especially some gag ends such as the Glasses of Eros.

What do you mean? Everything contained in the manga is already canonical. Do you mean getting into the main games? That ship has already sailed more or less.

Why the specific dislike for elements of this manga by the way? It didn't seem to me to go beyond the stuff that was already in the main game, especially some gag ends such as the Glasses of Eros.

The Gag Reels are just that, gag reels. they're not meant to be taken seriously and are completely disconnected from the main story. Remix Heart on the other hand, at times expects us to take it completely seriously and is starting to bleed over into the main storyline. My dislike comes from the fact that I did not really care for it, nor do I see a point in adapting its elements into the main story when almost nothing about ties into it.

But who knows, maybe I'm too apathetic. I really don't care about this series tho and it kind of irks me that we haven't heard the last of it.

But who knows, maybe I'm too apathetic. I really don't care about this series tho and it kind of irks me that we haven't heard the last of it.

If you didn't like it, fair enough. I can see why you wouldn't want to have more things associated with it.

Though I think I should note that even in the 'serious' story you have things like μ-12's rather unusual outfit or Litchi's and Makoto's choice of clothes that make one think they could be exotic dancers. And, if anything, Remix Heart was light on the incest or psychotic love interests similar to ν-13. Besides, I think that Mai and Taro could be worked into a serious plot as easily as any other character.

If you didn't like it, fair enough. I can see why you wouldn't want to have more things associated with it.

Though I think I should note that even in the 'serious' story you have things like μ-12's rather unusual outfit or Litchi's and Makoto's choice of clothes that make one think they could be exotic dancers. And, if anything, Remix Heart was light on the incest or psychotic love interests similar to ν-13. Besides, I think that Mai and Taro could be worked into a serious plot as easily as any other character.

If you have to praise something by pointing out the flaws in something else, that probably means its not very good. Taro I at least like, but Mai is just...boring, she is very obviously a self-insert character, so yea, I don't care about her.

If you have to praise something by pointing out the flaws in something else, that probably means its not very good. Taro I at least like, but Mai is just...boring, she is very obviously a self-insert character, so yea, I don't care about her.

Personally I liked Mai. This isn't Dostoyevsky of course (but to be honest we aren't here to read Dostoyevsky anyway), but I thought that her character arc was fairly well done. She started out pretty easily flustered and nervous but eventually grew used to her condition as well as coming to care for her new friends and being able to open herself to them after living a life of isolation. And despite her earlier self-doubts and worries about losing her self and her identity, she managed to come to terms with her current self as well as accept her feelings for Taro.

Ok, she's still boring. :\

Isn't that a matter of personal opinion? Personally I don't see how she's more boring than a number of other BB characters. If anything, the fact she was the protagonist of her own manga gave her the opportunity be more developed than many others.

PS: By the way someone posted an image set on pixiv that I thought was cute: image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4, image 5, image 6.

Isn't that a matter of personal opinion? Personally I don't see how she's more boring than a number of other BB characters. If anything, the fact she was the protagonist of her own manga gave her the opportunity be more developed than many others.

PS: By the way someone posted an image set on pixiv that I thought was cute: image 1, image 2, image 3, image 4, image 5, image 6.

Yes, and in my personal opinion, she's boring. I understand everything you're trying to say, I just don't care for any of it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Strongly disagree, I want to see more of her in the future.

Then congrats, you're gonna get your wish. Doesn't mean I have to like it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk