Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

churchblue

BlazBlue: Remix Heart & Variable Heart Discussion

Mai still has NoName (and it apparently got even stronger after loosing the surge of Azure) and the ending basically implies the story isn't really over.

So is it more likely we're going to get a sequel manga or that these characters will appear in the next BB game?

I like Mai enough when she's on screen with Taro, but any time she's with Noel et al, it gets really fanservicey/uninteresting to me. 

Also, that ending summary..That was pretty abrupt. Did they run out of money? lol

I like Mai enough when she's on screen with Taro, but any time she's with Noel et al, it gets really fanservicey/uninteresting to me.

Your opinion of Mai is basically the same as mine, LOL.

No, I don't think there will be a sequel to Remix Heart. More than likely they'll conclude the plot in the game, if they choose to even do so.

Your opinion of Mai is basically the same as mine, LOL.

No, I don't think there will be a sequel to Remix Heart. More than likely they'll conclude the plot in the game, if they choose to even do so.

Does the last chapter's epilogue provide any resolution to what happened between Mai and Taro?

Does the last chapter's epilogue provide any resolution to what happened between Mai and Taro?

Not even touched upon.

Not even touched upon.

That's rather disappointing. I was hoping that plot thread would get resolved within the manga. I suppose that brings Mai's relationship with Taro in line with those of other BB characters (except for Jubei and Nine), where you have people being in love with one another without them actually shown becoming a couple. I guess we have the facts that Mai admitted to herself and her friends that she is in love with Taro and then accepted that it's alright for her to live as she now is, as well as the fact that Taro cares for Mai and finds her interesting. I'm going to assume that the two ended up together until proven otherwise. :)

Wait, did the series seriously just end like this...? Really?

Yes. Justr looking at the pictures it did feel rather abrupt to me. Perhaps it will seem less so when I can read the final chapters though. I would have prefered it if they had resolved Mai's and Taro's relationship. Though it feels like they'll do so in the future the way they have set things up (bringing Mai and Taro up in CP along with Mai's disappearance, as well as the fact that her family being the only one not on Kagura's side after Jin and Tsubaki allied with him). If I were to get some blackmail material on Mori, I'd probably make him show what happened between these two, what occured to Mai to make her disappear (hiding from assassins sent by her father perhaps or maybe captured by Relius as a study subject; he had said he was interested in her soul) and possibly include a subplot similar to The Return of the King, where Mai with the help of her friends manages to seize control of her House.

At least the manga did complete Mai's character arc. She came to accept who she now was, she overcame the paranoia and isolationism her father tried to instill in her and she managed to accept her feelings for Taro. In this respect I think the manga wrapped things up pretty well.

Seriously, just what happens between Remix Heart and Chronophantasma to have Mai go missing?

First I thought that would be covered in the manga but I guess not :/

Unless, Mori is planning another manga series as a sequel to Remix Heart but in a different name o.o

Volume 4, the final volume, will be out September 9 and will include the epilogue chapter. The chapter is longer than it was originally (20 pages). Hopefully Mai's and Taro's relationship will be cleared up and where and what she'd been doing all the way to Chrono Phantasma.

I guess that's the outfit that Mai will use after graduating. I imagined that a more modest outfit would fit her better considering her personality, but this is Mori we are talking about. I suppose that as μ-12 indicates, it could be worse.

If she dissapear after graduation, this rebel style looks pretty good.

Could you give us a summary of what happens in it please?

Seifer is gone, can't find him. More Taro x Mai tease. Akane thinks how both Jin and Taro are clowns since Jin seems to know Taro's secret while acting like he doesn't and Taro starts to realize that Jin knows his secret but still acts like a friend.

Mai talks with Chacha about Seifer and her Dad. Her dad might not be as big of a bastard as he was made to believe.

So Mai and Cajun are officially going to be in Chrono Phantasma EXTEND. Should someone translate the rest of Remix Heart?

I sure hate to revive an old thread but I wasn't sure where else to post this? If it's the wrong place I'm sorry, but it seems Famitsu interviewed Sumeragi, google translate only got me so far but it seems pretty interesting! http://www.famitsu.com/matome/bbcp/sumeragi.html (contains slight nsfw, remix heart general stuff, you know the deal)

Also, it seems a lottery draw thingie is going on in Japan only where you can win a signed remix heart sketch of Mai, Kajun or Taro, so that's cool.