Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Platinum vs Arakune

Match Start

Neutral

Full Screen
Long-Mid Range
Point Blank

Offense and Defense

Your Offense vs His Defense
His Offense vs Your Defense

Gimmicks and Miscellaneous Info

Gimmicks
Misc. Info

Frame Advantage, Disadvantage, and Punishes

Frame Advantage
Frame Disadvantage
Punishes

Summary

.... Gentlemen.

I play really regularly with an Arakune main that just hopped over from Extend a couple weeks ago, so his tech may not be the best, but playing with him prompts me to ask: Is whipping out Haply Magicka if you get cursed and see Arakune doing something that will obviously touch you a good idea? And if so, is it worth the meter to RC the hit and get a combo that you drag on as long as possible to lessen the pain of curse? I've found that it can completely ruin Arakune's momentum if you use it smart and sparingly.

What do you think.

(Yes, just don't abuse it. And absolutely go for the RC.)

I find that I get good mileage off of chunking items at him if he's coming in the air. As with everything, doing it too much will get you killed, but I've found it's a good way to make Arakune scared to do things in the air. Thoughts?

I find that I get good mileage off of chunking items at him if he's coming in the air. As with everything, doing it too much will get you killed, but I've found it's a good way to make Arakune scared to do things in the air. Thoughts?

This is legit against Noel's 2D too. Problem is getting cycled into a Doremi Box, which has deploy time, so use at your own risk IMO.

Chucking items, using max range j.C and approaching in the air with j.B with its funky hitboxes (if you use it right, Arakune will have a hard time trying to AA it with 5C which leaves him vulnerable) are all key in this matchup. I feel like this time around, Platinum has the upper hand, but should be very careful. Also, if you block raw 2C, you can punish it with 5A. He has to RC to make it safe. Also if he has 50% and he's floating around in the air, most likely he's plotting to use f of g, be vary of that, learn to barrier break dash in neutral and try your best not to be goaded into trying to hit him while he's scheming like that, that move is actually pretty fast, it'll catch you while you're doing Mystic Momo.