Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajinkris

vs. Potemkin

Strats against Pot.

Extracted from original matchup thread, please add more!

Potemkin... is big, strong, and big.

Defense:

toss some balls around to keep him away.. be sure to use 1ball + 5S a lot to counter slide head. i normally ib his jumping normals but i think FD is safe and better. when tossing balls you should keep an eye on his reflect. use 5S to keep em from reflecting the darn balls.. and if you've noticed it already N-O always leave an opening for 5S when the balls are scattered. about that, its much stylish to see balls scattered neatly j/k. the balls used to scatter like that are *k>S , k>P, s>P,*. I prefer using 2balls a lot bec its a lot easier to summon compared to a 3 ball. Recommended 3ball setups *h>k>P, k>s>P*

Pressure:

Bec of potemkin's high defense, they are not afraid for risk and reward. that is why we need to keep the pressure going to increase their bar. this is the main pressure string N-O use bec its safe and easy to do, 2s>ball>2s>ball>2s>stinger aim S frc>pressure. Or if you want to use plain MS there should be balls around to hit pot. i recommend using FB Madstruggle even though you haven't conditioned them with 2K yet since its safe and they're on guard after they block it. be patient and make them block all day until they get pissed and makes a mistake. Try to use FB MS a lot on fuzzy guard bec i think pot's 6P can counter FB MS(can someone confirm this one?)

Offensive Tactics:

Condition them with a pressure open to pot buster ex (2k>5S(2hits)> carcass raid. After they've seen this move once or twice they'll try to buster you, so switch carcass raid to FB MS. I recommend using different gatling for FB MS to confuse them :mad:

This is pretty old hat but if you want to use 5S in the pochop match, place a ball out in front of you. As long as you have a ball out that will be hit by the 5S you are safe as that will beat out just about anything potemp can do. Just watch for slidehead when setting up the ball.

Super jumping back and summoning balls mid air is your friend, PROVIDED that po doesn't have 50% for HPB. Get in the air, summon a ball or two, and then call them back to the ground with a ground summon. Again, just use your brain and make sure you aren't setting yourself up as slidehead bait.

Slash DHM is suprisingly effective against potemp at match starting range. If he swings, it will beat most of his options. If he hammerfall breaks however, its probably your ass, this is a useful tool for a potemp who likes to spam back megafists.

Your goal is simply to get potemp into the corner. With proper use of ball pressure and your best mixups (Whore FB MS mixups in the corner), you can put potemkin on the ropes.

This is a fight about patience. Lot's and lots of it. If you pick your spots to summon balls properly, and don't blindly rush you will have a chance to get some pressure on potemkin. When you do, don't waste it.

- Try to utilize TK Ball Sesei to counter Slidehead.

This is what I found interesting. At the distance of half-screen (or a bit closer) you can just jump a bit (then 7j double jump backwards or dash backwards\or actually just 8j doublejump if really safe) to see how Potemkin reacts. If you have a ball , then upon seeing hammerfall hitting the ball will counter PO. If you don't then you can FD the hammerfall \ double jump evade it \ sometimes you don't even need to do anything - hammerfall will miss while you are landing. If Po jumps - well, then depending if he's above you or not you can either land and 6P\land and backdash, then 6p , hit him in midair with jD\jP or retreat. Slidehead will rarely hit you , if ever. It's hard to describe all the scenarios , but just try it. Jump pointlessly near him when noone has the edge in the match. :) It works for me. Again, N-O style. You can DBC the slidehead as well. It's not that tricky.

just an interesting lil tidbit. u can use Dubious Curve to avoid Okizeme Slideheads(or just slideheads n general) since DC has some lower body invisibility on start up

You need to use your balls as your defense for this match up. Like when potemkin jumps at you, you need a ball to support 6P anti-air bec potemkin's anti ground is really powerful not to mention he controls the air game also. So 6P+pball/sball/kball for anti-air

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=juwfmYYc2as

playing against lazze, somehow i´m always scared to play against him and going to defense mode. i do win one round even ´cause he starts to play around.

yep, we can't afford to get near that tank.

-1:16

you should've won that round if 6p the ball, since j2d always clash with 6p

too much use of K-ball and j.k'ing balls, predictable ball trajectory, predictabl teleports, too much jumping and you're too far from em. how the fuck are you going to win over potemkin if you only hit balls afar. he can reflect/slidehead all day.

yep, we can't afford to get near that tank.

-1:16

you should've won that round if 6p the ball, since j2d always clash with 6p

too much use of K-ball and j.k'ing balls, predictable ball trajectory, predictabl teleports, too much jumping and you're too far from em. how the fuck are you going to win over potemkin if you only hit balls afar. he can reflect/slidehead all day.

like i said i´m afraid or something always when playing against him. I´m not myself.

like i said i´m afraid or something always when playing against him. I´m not myself.

yeah its bec you're too scared of pot buster. when potemkin is up close you'll just have to guess whether he'll go for a buster, heat knuckle, 6K? or he'll neutral pressure you. you always get caught in his game bec you always freak out and jump when pot is close. once you know how to play against his mind games he won't get a guaranteed hit on you anymore. Or rather he'll avoid using heat knuckle/potbuster and neutral pressure/6K overhead you.

and you need to work on your zoning. you shouldn't jump hit balls too predictably if you don't want to :vbang:. you should make him guess too when you'll hit the balls. in that way he'll won't reflect it tooo easily. once you block stun him with balls start pressuring him.

when you're corner-pressuring you should try to stay safe and maintain your momentum to keep your lead(if you're leading). or if you're health is low you can either pressure him until he makes a mistake or go for crazy mixups.

I ain´t scared of pot, played plenty against him. It doesnt matter which char lazze plays i´m always scared. His mindgames and skills are way above anyone else i know. Some of you might know him as Europeman edit:Oh and you can even see him playing around with me in that video.

I ain´t scared of pot, played plenty against him. It doesnt matter which char lazze plays i´m always scared. His mindgames and skills are way above anyone else i know.

Some of you might know him as Europeman/Ochoubson :)

edit:Oh and you can even see him playing around with me in that video.

Never heard of him but judging from how he plays he is really darn good. I've watched some of his matches on youtube.

You always lose to him bec his style can counter your play style perfectly. What I mean to say is that you play toooo risky(many unnecessary movements) while Lazze always plays a safe or low risk game. And he also knows when to use risky moves :vbang:

Never heard of him but judging from how he plays he is really darn good. I've watched some of his matches on youtube.

You always lose to him bec his style can counter your play style perfectly. What I mean to say is that you play toooo risky(many unnecessary movements) while Lazze always plays a safe or low risk game. And he also knows when to use risky moves :vbang:

well he won the big tournament in sweden last february.

there were players like Coungster :)

well he won the big tournament in sweden last february.

there were players like Coungster :)

sorry but i do not know much about gg scene outside of asia so i do not know who Coungster is.