Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ajinkris

vs. Jam

Extracted from the original matchup forum. Add more please!

Some things regarding Jam match-up:

- Her 6P will beat your 5S(f) at anything shy of max range (even when you hit the button first). FACT. Use with caution.

- Your 2S will beat all of her ground normals AFAIK (maybe not 2P depending on spacing, but you shouldn't mash 2S that close anyway), or at worst trade with shit like her 5K and just reset positioning. 2S also avoids most IAD shit if your spacing is decent since Venom is relatively short while crouching, and it recovers fast enough that she can't IAD firekick you either. You have enough time to block, and if you IB it you can potentially punish (timing is hella tight though) or at least get your offense going. Biggest threat is random FB puffballs, I guess :thumbu:

- 2HS >>>>> IAD firekick (not sure about the goofy cross-up one). AA CH 2HS, K ball, dash in 6P, 6HS, DC. If it's at the start of the round it's pretty easy to react to, and you can charge a CR for more silly shit. Just make sure you don't do it too early, since the move hits deceptively late.

Venom actually has some good shit against her, but she just does so much more damage than you can for no good reason. Even when you do score knockdowns, she has parries and a DP that make it kinda hard to get some decent oki going without a lightning ball. Having to be paranoid of random FB puffballs once she gets bar is pretty lame too =/

I actually find Venom's pokes beating Jam's pokes 65% of the time. (5s and 2s) In this matchup I'm patient and am mostly defensive and run-awayish , doing a lot of "scouting" with run-in-FD cancel (or just walk a bit in - stop). I try to avoid fighting her in air , although I don't completely disregard this scenario. A ball helps.

If she pressures you with (whatever normals)-run in -(whatever normals. I don't remember what's her normal string) I try to snuff it with a 2k.

Not knowing jams strings for baiting CH's WILL get you killed. 5k > 6h x n 2s tiny dash x n And I hear some jams are fond of 6p > 2p x n I'm not saying you cant interrupt them... just know your playing a pretty hi risk/low reward kinda thing here. So its kinda worth learning what they can do.

Not knowing jams strings for baiting CH's WILL get you killed.

5k > 6h x n

2s tiny dash x n

And I hear some jams are fond of 6p > 2p x n

I'm not saying you cant interrupt them... just know your playing a pretty hi risk/low reward kinda thing here. So its kinda worth learning what they can do.

just FD everything she throws at you since she always got advantage

j2k= +8

2p= +4

5p= +3

5k= +1

6p= +2

6H= +5 6h-follow up= -11

2s= +0

5H= +1

Is it possible to hit/trade j2k with Venom's 6P/2H if you think it's coming, or even on reaction?

Yep, but you only got 3 frames to do it.

Does a wakeup c.S actually work? On trade I believe it favours Venom a lot.

what c.S on wakeup?

I mention wakeup c.S because I saw N-O use it against I-no's and Sol's airdash okizeme and it actually works to his favour. Not too sure if it can trade or even clash with Jam's okizeme j.2K...

think he means close slash. it's worth a try, but I wouldn't use it on characters with DPs.

Its pretty useful, but you have to do it out of throw range on wakeup.

I mention wakeup c.S because I saw N-O use it against I-no's and Sol's airdash okizeme and it actually works to his favour. Not too sure if it can trade or even clash with Jam's okizeme j.2K...

Of course it can't beat j2k on okizeme since j2k continuously hits.

Of course it can't beat j2k on okizeme since j2k continuously hits.

j.2k doesn't multi-hit until it actually connects, it's just a dive-kick until then. It's priority isn't very good so I would imagine c.s could easily trade with it.

j.2k doesn't multi-hit until it actually connects, it's just a dive-kick until then. It's priority isn't very good so I would imagine c.s could easily trade with it.

Thanks for the info lolz

@TITIFOFO

I think its best to block kenrouraku just to be safe. if we screw up the timing we're dead.

also beware of jams 6H(low invulnerability, other is vulnerable)

It doesn't multi hit until it connects but it's active until then so a wakeup c.s won't hit it because it's meaty. The priority on it is actually better than anything else she can do coming downward aside from a really high flame kick but that couldn't be used here. Her 6H is only low invulnerable on the front foot so trying to counterpoke with a 2k would give Jam a nice CH leading into easy no tension half life. It's pretty hard to screw up the timing on the 2.d for the anti dp so it's a good idea since you can't be thrown either. The dp hits really high.

What can i do against Jam's f.6H;c.6H[sometimes throw];6h[alwasys throw]:psyduck: If the second 6H dont throw me i try 2D, but it doesn't worke always. I am grateful for any help. Note: Yes, i am a "beginner".

What can i do against Jam's f.6H;c.6H[sometimes throw];6h[alwasys throw]:psyduck:

If the second 6H dont throw me i try 2D, but it doesn't worke always.

I am grateful for any help.

Note: Yes, i am a "beginner".

Are you talking about her doing 6HS on your wakeup?

If that's the case, please don't do anything and just block it (or better yet, instant block it if you know what that is). In her blockstrings, be patient and wait it out for now.

Also, there's no such thing as a "second 6HS that throws". There is 6HS (where she stomps the ground and does this shoving motion) and the followup (where she does a little force punch). If you're getting thrown, that just means she's walking up to you and throwing you. In that case, if you see it, just jump up.

I know what you mean, but...

Here is the replay

THX for help.

I will remove the replay after you have answered me

Um. Those are two .exe files - not sure what you want me to watch from them lol.

EDIT: OH you're talking about #R. Uhh, I wouldn't really know anything about that, sorry.