Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mAc Chaos

[CP] Hakumen VS Kokonoe: Don't Help Me, Professor Kokonoe!

Here is the video I was talking about for the Haku vs Koko matchup.  Its unscripted but I hope you guys find it useful, and opens up more discussion on the topic.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OM5sj3yFCvw&feature=youtu.be

This is also the FT5 we had right after making the vid so you can see some of the things we were talking about being implemented.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CthoYpgmFW4&list=UULClznyEW0FMuM0jYEFJ7AA

Cable will control all the neutral game, that is the only problem hakumen have with her... when i play FT infinite with Bananaken i never saw a (Teleport) wake up or a (Super ball) wake up... so in the end all was the neutral game and not baiting him to do those wake up and is a pain cuz if i try to kishuu to get close? i would eat the cable = 4k + Black hole... cuz his combos just kill you lol

So IMO we just need to basically predict the cable and jumping it to punish it, something is not easy to do... and if u see u can't punish it then just Barrier cuz 6A will come after and fast.

The match is very bad for Hakumen if the kokonoe u are playing with know what he is doing.

Good Vid Schneider.

Yes 3C is very strong and difficult to deal with but keep in mind that Kokonoe will either lay a trap, bunker, or graviton to try and maintain momentum and those are all spots where you have an opportunity to do something.

trap - mash out with 2A or 3C

bunker - block punish the move with 2A

graviton - punish with 3C or gurren, if gurren is blocked begin pressuring (use whichever based on the range)

If she doesn't do any of the above then she's at -4 which is your time to also start attacking.

Also this is a Kokonoe match up thread not a BananaKen thread so ways to stop teleport and superball are all valid as different players will use it to varying degrees and you need to pick up on those patterns.

Yeah, that is why my playstyle agains't Kokonoe is baiting her doing hoop foward and backward after the H knockdown and won't do presure cuz they can use tele or s ball anytime... and this is why i put Bken as an example since kokonoe is not even supose to do Tele wakeups meaning that in V 2.0 the tele nerf will actually be a Buff for those who actually know how to use kokonoe cuz those who mash it to get away now they won't.

And trying to bait those wake ups was what prevent me in keeping the presure, and that made me focus on her 3C cuz is easy to deal with the other stuff like her zoning or her blockstring ect... in anycase let me see if i can post a vid in punishing her with only 4 magatamas.

Thanks Manny for posting the Video.

Well i say Hakumen's hop is the best to bait koko's wake ups but in true i use his hop to bait (everyting)... if u have notice his hop don't have invisibility and u can't approach fast like others characters do...

But i find that dashing foward and backward is alot faster than the others characters with Hakumen and IMO i think that the correct way to make use of his hop is doing those foward backward hops making u bait and confiusing for (grabs).

example... i love to hop like 3 times foward when i H knockdown someone and when he wake up i hop backward and he just grab thinking im gona make a move and so he eat a 5C CH lol... ect ect...

hope u like the Video ppl!.

Most of her changes are largely unknown right now.

However the change to Hakumen's counters (no grab when countering projectiles) severely hurts our ability to stop her oki.

I was hoping 2d > Kishuu cancel would help with getting out of a few projectile/trap setups, but then Kishuu lost its projectile invuln. 

Agito might be more useful after the patch.  Currently, there is a very specific time and spacing where it will beat out Koko's 6a.   But then Haku is way too far away to get a good combo from it.   One of the changes makes it so Hakumen is closer, thus combo opportunity for correctly calling out 6a now.

Other than that:  3c fishing is one of my bane's in the matchup, and if a quicker 4c will actually hit her out of startup of 3c, the neutral would become so much easier.

I'll also get around to watching your GFs sometime today hopefully