Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Moy_X7

[CP] Platinum vs Mu

Match Start

Neutral

Full Screen
Long-Mid Range
Point Blank

Offense and Defense

Your Offense vs Her Defense
Her Offense vs Your Defense

Gimmicks and Miscellaneous Info

Gimmicks
Misc. Info

Frame Advantage, Disadvantage, and Punishes

Frame Advantage
Frame Disadvantage
Punishes

Summary

this matchup seems difficult for platinum from what i've played. you're going to have a lot of trouble at long-range if she tries to zone you out, which any good mu will do up until you're close enough to present a threat. don't be afraid to run right in if you see her setting up lasers, and make ample use of barrier blocking any time you're in the air so mu's good ground to air moves don't nick you.

once you've got mu locked down, you need to watch out for her DP, but other than that most of her normals won't be beating yours. punish the jump-out with a well-timed 6A or air throw, and above all, don't let her get away. once she's out of your pressure she has a full advantage and can proceed to lock you down with lasers, dash in, attempt a mixup, and quickly dash out, all before you can do much.

tl;dr don't let mu get away or your life will be hell!

From what I have played, this match-up seems pretty similar to CES. Mu has plenty of range on her attacks, but most of her B and C-moves are really slow compared to platinum.

It's also worth keeping eye out on when Mu is summoning steins way too close to you. These can often be punished with Cat hammer or hearth car (a bit risky)

Personally I have found it to be often safer / easier to approach mu with plain old super jumps and barrier, but dash to barrier seems to be ultimately the best option for more skilled dashers (I tend to dash to far and get greeted by her 5C.)

Cat hammer, Bat, Bombs and missiles seem to be the only good normal items before you get close.