Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

BladeOfJustice7

[CP] The Critique My Hakumen Thread

suddenly i realize why people bother to put things on YT anymore

ok ill move them on over

Hi guys! i finally found someone that could record gameplay for me (thanks elemenope) :D this is a recent ft5 i had with a friend of mine on netplay. If you guys have time, please give it a view! Any tips and critique would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks again everyone! link: https://youtu.be/LuSJDsPY0XA 

Hi guys! i finally found someone that could record gameplay for me (thanks elemenope) :D this is a recent ft5 i had with a friend of mine on netplay. If you guys have time, please give it a view! Any tips and critique would be GREATLY appreciated! Thanks again everyone! link: https://youtu.be/LuSJDsPY0XA 

Finally had the time to watch it.

Anyway, you rely on AD Agito too much and often get punished for it (13:12). It's a powerful move, but in several cases, you were out of range for it (0:59, 6:24) and the Litchi player adapted to it (more J.A air-to-air). Try to vary your approachs, J.C and IAD J.A are both solid air-to-airs and would have been more fitting in some situations.

On the other hand, while you are on the ground, you are too static, which gave Litchi a lot of opportunities to get close to you. Haku-men's hops are fast and are great for adapting the distance between you and your opponent. Be careful at close range, since his backdash doesn't have any invulnerabilty.

At close and mid range, it seems to me that you are too scared to do anything and just wait until you are far enough to use 3C. Use 2A and 2B, they are great pokes at those distances.

As far as combos are concerned:
- You dropped 5C > 623A > 2C several times (1:33, 2:04, 6:36). You did it once correctly at the end, so it could have been an issue with the lag. If that's not the case, it's vital to master it, since it's used in several practical combos.
- You did Air Throw > J.C two times midscreen (9:52, 15:28). A possible combo instead of J.C is: Air Throw > J.B > 5C > 623A > 2C > .... It works most of the time.
If you have a hard time doing 5C > 623A, you could try Air Throw/Agito CH > J.B > 2C instead, but you'll need to hjc afterward to combo. An even simpler alternative is J.B > 5C > 3C, but it's not that good.
- You did J.B > 6B several times, when you could have done a combo instead (2:42, 14:34, 19:05). If you don't know what else you can do, Falling J.B > 2B and AD J.B > J.A > 5A both work most of the times.
At 7:14, you did J.B > 5B > 236B(2) in the corner while you had 8 magatama. There are better routes, like J.B > 5B > 623AA > 6C > 2C > J.C > J.214B > AD J.C > 5C > 5C > 214A > 5C > 3C (3543) or J.B > 5B > 214A > 41236C(1) > 623A > 6C(level 2) > 2C > J.C > J.214B > AD J.C > 5C > 6A > 6B (5283) .

Another I noticed, you were CH'ed twice after 6A and 6B (14:34, 21:08). It's not recommanded to do 2A/5A after them, since both 6A and 6B are -4.

Litchi's reversal super can be punished with 3C CH and even 5C if you are close enough (13:36)

It's just a gut feeling but were the first few matches laggy? You played a bit better toward the end.

Finally had the time to watch it.

Anyway, you rely on AD Agito too much and often get punished for it (13:12). It's a powerful move, but in several cases, you were out of range for it (0:59, 6:24) and the Litchi player adapted to it (more J.A air-to-air). Try to vary your approachs, J.C and IAD J.A are both solid air-to-airs and would have been more fitting in some situations.

On the other hand, while you are on the ground, you are too static, which gave Litchi a lot of opportunities to get close to you. Haku-men's hops are fast and are great for adapting the distance between you and your opponent. Be careful at close range, since his backdash doesn't have any invulnerabilty.

At close and mid range, it seems to me that you are too scared to do anything and just wait until you are far enough to use 3C. Use 2A and 2B, they are great pokes at those distances.

As far as combos are concerned:
- You dropped 5C > 623A > 2C several times (1:33, 2:04, 6:36). You did it once correctly at the end, so it could have been an issue with the lag. If that's not the case, it's vital to master it, since it's used in several practical combos.
- You did Air Throw > J.C two times midscreen (9:52, 15:28). A possible combo instead of J.C is: Air Throw > J.B > 5C > 623A > 2C > .... It works most of the time.
If you have a hard time doing 5C > 623A, you could try Air Throw/Agito CH > J.B > 2C instead, but you'll need to hjc afterward to combo. An even simpler alternative is J.B > 5C > 3C, but it's not that good.
- You did J.B > 6B several times, when you could have done a combo instead (2:42, 14:34, 19:05). If you don't know what else you can do, Falling J.B > 2B and AD J.B > J.A > 5A both work most of the times.
At 7:14, you did J.B > 5B > 236B(2) in the corner while you had 8 magatama. There are better routes, like J.B > 5B > 623AA > 6C > 2C > J.C > J.214B > AD J.C > 5C > 5C > 214A > 5C > 3C (3543) or J.B > 5B > 214A > 41236C(1) > 623A > 6C(level 2) > 2C > J.C > J.214B > AD J.C > 5C > 6A > 6B (5283) .

Another I noticed, you were CH'ed twice after 6A and 6B (14:34, 21:08). It's not recommanded to do 2A/5A after them, since both 6A and 6B are -4.

Litchi's reversal super can be punished with 3C CH and even 5C if you are close enough (13:36)

It's just a gut feeling but were the first few matches laggy? You played a bit better toward the end.

Thank you so much for taking the time to type this out for me!! It has helped me a lot, thanks ! 

EDIT: Can you guys give also give me any litchi specific matchup tips? im having trouble dealing with her in neutral as well as once she gets in on me.